US/Canada border near Niagara Falls explosion

Wally Fairway

1 minute ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Cars do not blow up from collisions my man. 

Life isn't movie, and gas is extraordinarily stable, as well as protected in vehicles.  Not saying that would be impossible, but pretty unlikely.  There is more to this story.  

• Like 1

Car looks pretty obliterated so like how fast can you get between checkpoints? Odd ass story where information is fluid and not clear. Clearly it’s being taken seriously. 

I questioned the whole “car was filled with explosives” scenario because the damage would be far greater? 

IMG_8069.jpeg

Edited by Nicole44
Looks like car may have been airborne? Weird ass shit.
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Explosion isn’t the right word because that’s not what happened to the car imo. It’s more like it burst into flames. 

Yep.  And seeing that video of it going airborne, that is actually the kind of collision where bursting into flames is much more likely (structure hits the exposed underside of the car, where the gas tank is).  Google toll booth crashes, a lot of them involve a car hauling ass, hitting a barrier that works like a ramp, launching the car and causing it to burst into flames (here's one of the results that came up):

Still doesn't explain WTF was going on, if the driver had terrorist intent, etc.  Just means that it's possible that it done blowed up because it crashed that way, not because of any explosives.

EDIT: also, the video of the moment of ignition doesn't show any real concussion/blast, which you would expect if explosives were in play.  Could be that it happened out of frame, though.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, bolverk said:

How the shit could you not tell if there are two burned bodies in the car or one?

Ps I just started watching letterkenny ao this hits close to home, boys. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

I’m sure there’ll be more solid evidence  later this weekend.  But I can’t imagine spending one of the most uniquely American holidays wishing that there more explosives in the vehicle and that the people driving it were browner (burn joke here).  Also the fact they were going the wrong fucking way is chef’s kiss.  This country is so fucking stupid.  

I mean come the fuck on.   It’s a simulation.  John Candy is from Canada.  We have a long, beautiful thread about the greatest Thanksgiving movie ever made which starts in New York.  A car burns up accidentally.  And some of you dipshits think the car was going thru Buffalo to Canada to blow up the Macy’s parade?

You’re going the wrong way!

-what?

You’re going the wrong way!

-how does this guy know where we’re going?  (Makes boozing gesture)

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1