2024 Texas Football Coaching and Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

A&M is where good coaches' careers go to die. You cannot have sustained success there. There's many reasons for it, but the main reason is "Aggy gonna Aggy." It's not a top 25 program. You can make a lot of money by getting hired there, but if you measure a program by success -- if you want a job where you can compete for titles at least once -- you don't go there.
But along that same line of thinking, if you do accept the job there and manage to stumblefuck your way into a championship.. the gomers would finally tear down the sully statue, melt it down and reshape it in your image.

I know none of us would want that sort of honor...but the first coach to do it will be aggy legend, complete with fairy tales that get better with each decade that passes.

Per Bobby 3 names he has been given:

Freddie Roach(Alabama) - If he doesn't stay at Bama Texas is interested in him.
Ed Orgeron - Fluid situation but he had some interesting verbiage when he was talking about him. Makes me believe this may be the guy Sark has for his 1st in line for the job.
Zarnell Fitch(Tech) - A recommendation from Patterson.

• Hook 'Em 8

8 hours ago, satyanash said:

I've posted this elsewhere, but Bama's NIL game is like A&M's right now.  A lot of talk and promises while still relying on bags to do the heavy lifting.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Prepare your anus 1

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Per Bobby 3 names he has been given:

Freddie Roach(Alabama) - If he doesn't stay at Bama Texas is interested in him.
Ed Orgeron - Fluid situation but he had some interesting verbiage when he was talking about him. Makes me believe this may be the guy Sark has for his 1st in line for the job.
Zarnell Fitch(Tech) - A recommendation from Patterson.

Fitch was a huge negative recruiter of Texas under Patterson. It’s whatever but funny to think back on. There is a story about how he threw a fit in front of some high school coaches complaining that Charles Omenihu winning Big 12 defensive lineman of the year was “political”.

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

Fitch was a huge negative recruiter of Texas under Patterson. It’s whatever but funny to think back on. There is a story about how he threw a fit in front of some high school coaches complaining that Charles Omenihu winning Big 12 defensive lineman of the year was “political”.

I forgot about that!

Also he mentioned Okam and Wright but I feel like that's being pushed more from former player side.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

To further add to what I posted earlier:

image.thumb.png.cabe3baa80da645fd52a379536dce45f.png

Bobby says he can't give odds but unless Coach O comes out and says he's not interested he thinks Coach O is a real possibility as of yesterday.

By this logic, I, also, am a real possiblity.

• Haha 7

5 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

You do realize you don’t have a choice in the matter, right? You’ll accept it and be Surly about it, regardless of who it is.

What is your favorite memory of Mike Stoops’ coaching tenure at UT?

• Haha 8

20 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I forgot about that!

Also he mentioned Okam and Wright but I feel like that's being pushed more from former player side.

The players may want them, but Texas has not had a good history with former players starting with David McWilliams. Giles is the only decent one I can think of. Major was average at best. With all the criticism of Gideon it seems odd. And neither Okam or Wright have a huge history of success at teaching and motivating.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Hard Times said:

The players may want them, but Texas has not had a good history with former players starting with David McWilliams. Giles is the only decent one I can think of. Major was average at best. With all the criticism of Gideon it seems odd. And neither Okam or Wright have a huge history of success at teaching and motivating.

Dont they? I guess all those hirings up the ladder and into the NFL dont count as "history of success teaching and motivating." Guess you think they were all Peter Principled?

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, troph said:

Go get the Bama DL coach and be done with it 

Orgeron seemed ridiculous, but Bobby keeps bringing him up. Hard to know if he is the same level of coach that he was a decade ago when he was coaching DL, but if he is, he is an upgrade. He was an absolute witch on the recruiting trail, which nobody can explain. He was a great developer. 

24 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Orgeron seemed ridiculous, but Bobby keeps bringing him up. Hard to know if he is the same level of coach that he was a decade ago when he was coaching DL, but if he is, he is an upgrade. He was an absolute witch on the recruiting trail, which nobody can explain. He was a great developer. 

A guy who played the game, obviously loves to have fun, will say anything, and slays pussy will always be popular with football players.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I mean absolutely Orgeron should be the 1st call.

1) History with Sarkisian

2) Recruiting, especially in Louisiana

3) Good coach

4) Ultimate fuck you to LSU

5) Joy it will bring to this board.

If Ed wants a relatively easy compared to his past HC gig jobs job where he can just do what he does awesome and have fun recruiting and winning I don’t think it’s a bad fit. Listening to his interviews his outlook is very conducive to taking a job like this at this stage of his career. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Tex Pete said:

A guy who played the game, obviously loves to have fun, will say anything, and slays pussy will always be popular with football players.

how do you know? Can anyone actually understand a word he says? 

• Haha 3

Just now, immamac said:

If Ed wants a relatively easy compared to his past HC gig jobs job where he can just do what he does awesome and have fun recruiting and winning I don’t think it’s a bad fit. Listening to his interviews his outlook is very conducive to taking a job like this at this stage of his career. 

His fiance/wife might want to live in a good metro area like Austin as well!

Just now, pearlandhorn said:

Coach O at UT?  Count me the fuck in.

Every team, from peewee to the NFL, needs a crazy coach.

We already have one whose stripper girlfriend's pole-dance-partner monkey bit a kid on Halloween. I mean, a Doctor of Neighborhood was there to save the day, but the powder keg of crazy we're already sitting on is formidable.

And I fully support adding to it.

• Haha 2

Just now, bad_teammate said:

We already have one whose stripper girlfriend's pole-dance-partner monkey bit a kid on Halloween. I mean, a Doctor of Neighborhood was there to save the day, but the powder keg of crazy we're already sitting on is formidable.

And I fully support adding to it.

To be fair, we haven't heard from Pole Assassin and the monkey in a few years.  We need some cajun in Austin.

• Hook 'Em 1