2024 Texas Football Coaching and Support Staff Thread

1 hour ago, BornAndRaised said:

I have hated the Texans since I was a teen. When I went to see Peyton take them on in Houston Some random drunk slapped my ass walking by and tried to pick a fight. I was a fat and tall 14 year old but I've hated the fan base since then.

Anyway Rod Wright is assistant Dline coach with them now. Makes sense we have to wait for them to lose to announce. 

IMG_4497.jpeg.b20dae6c8e7e620966bb6f6e4983ce09.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

No one has ever said that and the 2nd point is just categorically wrong. Blues Brothers was never great, it was a curiosity nothing more and Stripes suffers from the same thing Full Metal Jacket suffers from; it falls apart in the 2nd half.

Every post you’ve ever made anywhere on the internet in your entire life has been wrong. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Whenever someone says a good old movie is over-rated, it should be considered in the context of when it was released.

Countless people have said Jaws sucks, Casablanca sucks, Star Wars sucks, etc. What they usually fail to realize is that in a world of ever-increasing dopamine, and more sophisticated and improved movie making, most good old movies suck by comparison.

In its time, a movie might have been great, but not be so great today. Blues Brothers is an interesting debate because when it came out it was great, for many different reasons. Today, the movie is ok but not great because humor has evolved. But the music is still great. 

Who's the motherfucker that says Casablanca sucks?  I want his scalp. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Whenever someone says a good old movie is over-rated, it should be considered in the context of when it was released.

Countless people have said Jaws sucks, Casablanca sucks, Star Wars sucks, etc. What they usually fail to realize is that in a world of ever-increasing dopamine, and more sophisticated and improved movie making, most good old movies suck by comparison.

In its time, a movie might have been great, but not be so great today. Blues Brothers is an interesting debate because when it came out it was great, for many different reasons. Today, the movie is ok but not great because humor has evolved. But the music is still great. 

True. I am a big fan of the Flintstones, and it has nothing to do with the fact that I once dated Wilma in junior high school.

45 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I’m happy that Akina is back in an analyst capacity. He apparently was really good in that role this season. On the field? Get a fucking grip. 

Honestly, give me as many intelligent and analytic old guys who love the sport in analyst roles as possible. Mix those with guys like Chryst, who still have a lot to contribute on the field if they can rehabilitate themselves, and you have a legitimate force added to the brain trust.

Sark and Kirby will be the heirs to the coaching rehab program

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

In its time, a movie might have been great, but not be so great today. Blues Brothers is an interesting debate because when it came out it was great, for many different reasons. Today, the movie is ok but not great because humor has devolved. But the music is still great. 

FIFY

BTW my uncle told me for years that easy rider and the graduate were great movies....I disagree strongly....

• Fuck You 2

On 1/13/2024 at 1:27 PM, Hiphopopotamos said:

This under the radar announcement is the equivalent of flipping the switch on the Death Star.

Complete alignment from Steve Sarkisian to Chris Del Conte to Jay Hartzell to Kevin Eltife; from the Head Football Coach to the Athletic Director to the President of the University to the Chairman of the Board of The University of Texas System (256,000 students, $29 Billion operating budget, $43 Billion Endowment).  Yes, Texas Football is important.

Gone are the days of the fiefdoms and personal agenda's and pissing matches and ignorance of the various factions that advocate their "support" of UT athletics.   (Please note the "7 win Steve" dip shits with the patience of a gnat are not in the chain of command.)

"...great to know we’re officially set for the future, but we’re going to need more gas…🤘" 

image.png.24ee25a21dd0f8f5a41ce2ce11f8811e.png

"going to need more gas?"  >>>  Whatever happened before today, ... is not enough.

How long will it take?

I'm reminded of my talk with a pipeline contractor in the 80's.

"How long will it take to lay the pipeline?"

Pausing, as he looks towards the horizon, "Give me a 4 joint head start, and turn on the gas!"

image.png.803146eb2b3ddd5a29486f3508dc7f58.png  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Starting to think R Wright is the new DL coach.. Keep hearing they have their guy and are waiting to announce. I think he is the only candidate mentioned that is still in the playoffs. 

When is the Super Bowl?