2024 Texas Football Coaching and Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

35 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

Small world…Corby Meekins is now the head coach at my son’s high school.

Reminds me when Herman said he didn’t need Traylor on the recruiting trail because Meekins was just as good.

One of the many brilliant decisions by him.

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

@closetojumpingI've read your Bama comments and do you think of the people let go by Deboer from Bama could find their way to Austin? Is there any guys on that off field/behind the scenes that we'd be interested in or be all over? 

Anything is possible and Sarkisian knows all of these people. 

My friend that was purged along with their whole staff is likely taking a year off. At least not doing shit until this summer. That “guy” will have a lot of options. 

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

And some people want this relic coaching on the field and recruiting 

I didn’t.  He was a good coach for us 20 years ago but probably a little overrated by our fan base.  Don’t think we played as a group as good as the individual DBs were as parts of the group. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

Now that's my kind of woman.  With that kind of passion and energy in the bedroom you'll always be satisfied.  And possibly dead.

That kind of crazy is wheelhouse for me. You know she’s into some wild shit. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

That kind of crazy is wheelhouse for me. You know she’s into some wild shit. 

I get the "special kind of crazy" with a hint of "she'll cut your dick off" vibes.

2 hours ago, nunna yo bizness said:

Now that's my kind of woman.  With that kind of passion and energy in the bedroom you'll always be satisfied.  And possibly dead.

The full wrecking ball video might be the best thing ever put on the interwebs.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Rimbo said:

i can fix her

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

I can fix her 

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

Get in line.

All three of you are behind Chris beard, he’s called first dibs.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, nunna yo bizness said:

I remember the day it clicked for me that “passionate” probably also meant objects coming at me from across the room. It was worth it (for 6 months). 

37 minutes ago, stork642 said:

Sorry if if I missed it but did something happen with Hamilton on On3?  Haven’t seen him in a while. 

He’s only doing the national site now. Something pissy about the OTF podcast he and Burton were doing so Bobby split that off and isn’t with IT anymore, and Gerry left the Texas specific site to do national. Something to that effect, at least. It’s all a few pages back in the 9.95 thread.

Edited by Etexhorn13
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Screenshot_20240120_202823_Chrome.jpg

what a terrific pickup.. he knew when to turn his head when covering some of the best WRs in his time..  He also had one of the funniest TD celebrations ever.. it just kept going and going..

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

He’s only doing the national site now. Something pissy about the OTF podcast he and Burton were doing so Bobby split that off and isn’t with IT anymore, and Gerry left the Texas specific site to do national. Something to that effect, at least. It’s all a few pages back in the 9.95 thread.
Word on the street is Gerry will come back when the platform for OTF is up and running. OTF created their own board, and it's bare bones but works for now. It's all free content but I expect it to get monetized in the long run, $9.95 and whatnot.
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Screenshot_20240120_202823_Chrome.jpg

He was pretty good in the NFL. Not shitting on the hire, just wondering about the gap in his resume. Was he coaching somewhere in 21, 22, 23? He was a coaching intern for the Steelers in 2019 and the DB coach for Missouri State in 2020, but what has he been doing in the meantime?