2024 Texas Football Coaching and Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

7 hours ago, ATXbronco said:

I was always bemused that the naughty sex kitten in Valley Girl (Elizabeth Daily, far left of pic above) would go on to be one of the most annoying voices in the history of television.  Tommy Pickles in Rugruts can burn in fucking hell for eternity.

ok, off topic is out of my system.  Back to more KBake talk

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Zhorn96 said:

I was always bemused that the naughty sex kitten in Valley Girl (Elizabeth Daily, far left of pic above) would go on to be one of the most annoying voices in the history of television.  Tommy Pickles in Rugruts can burn in fucking hell for eternity.

Yeah, but she had an incredible rack back in the day.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Not to interrupt whatever the fuck is going on in here but Burton is reporting that Glasscock’s vacant role is going to be filled with internal promotions. Harris will be the new team GM. 

Will Harris be the GM or player personnel director?  Or will part of the restructure be 

GM - Brandon Harris
Player Personnel Director - John Michael Jones
Director of Recruiting - ????

Edited by BurntOrange&White
Just read his post

Will Harris be the GM or player personnel director?  Or will part of the restructure be 

GM - Brandon Harris

I look forward to B. Harris' deleted Twitter post as our new GM.
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

GM - Brandon Harris

One of the 9.95'ers - might have been Nahlin - said that Alabama came calling for Brandon Harris recently.

I think Harris could do well in the Glasscock/GM role moving forward and as you've stated before he was being groomed for that kind of role, right? 

The promotion of JMJ seems meh at best...Will be interesting who they get in that director of recruiting role. 

Barbacoa was the one who disappeared it seemed after saying he and his group were bag men and basically got shit on by @SydneyCarton and @closetojumping right?

Edited by BurntOrange&White

Correct. That was Barbacoa. He basically never understood NIL, wanted to get his cousin who was a bookie to try and run a bag game for Texas, and he always promised to deliver money and never did, switch pitching to the bag game every time anyone interacted with the guy. 

"I know I said I had 100k in booster money looking to get into NIL, but how about you guys fund my cousin and we can get a bag game going?" 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

56 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I think Harris could do well in the Glasscock/GM role moving forward and as you've stated before he was being groomed for that kind of role, right? 

The promotion of JMJ seems meh at best...Will be interesting who they get in that director of recruiting role. 

Barbacoa was the one who disappeared it seemed after saying he and his group were bag men and basically got shit on by @SydneyCarton and @closetojumping right?

Harris was not being groomed to a legitimate GM. People may be touting him now, but he's been plenty meh at Texas for all kinds of reasons, and you guys know this. Hell, maybe they announce Blank as the GM instead. I could understand that. 

I went to junior high school with her in Liberty
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, pevodog said:

I went to junior high school with her in Liberty

Sorry for off topic, but I somehow found myself spending most of my orientation trip with some chick from Liberty, she kept talking about how she was part of the “World Famous Liberty Belles.” I guess a HS version of the Rangerettes or some shit. I told her I had never heard of them. And to this day, I still haven’t heard of them since that weekend.

• Drool 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Sarkisian basically viewed Glasscock as a pencil pusher. Let him walk. Now they're promoting upwards from within, and doing so with guys that haven't been entirely impressive. Those guys are going to do what they're told, however. I guess we'll see how it all works out. Anyone who has hired, fired, promoted, demoted, and managed knows that you're never going to bat 1.000 and it's very difficult to asymptote towards that. Anyone expecting all of Sarkisian's moves to be gold are willing put Mike Stoops, Brandon Marion, and Blake Gideon out of sight, out of mind. That's fine. I'm not saying the moves that are allegedly about to be announced won't be terrific, but we'll see. The JMJ guy was scared of his own fucking shadow a few years ago. It's great news for @Barbacoa and his lot, though, as I believe they were connected with him.

Glasscock herded roughly 50 guys into understanding where they stood with regard to NIL deals, or lack thereof, and kept them on campus. You cannot win football games with your starting 22 and zero depth. Look to ATM last year and in 2024 for examples of how that works out. Seeing a guy, however uncouth some of you deem him to be, that handled that two cycles in a row move off to another school that knows what it is doing in NIL and the portal, to a promotion no less, isn't a good thing unless you have an agenda to spin or didn't like how he ran interference on some important shit at times that protected everyone. 

It sounds like you really like Glasscock.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Sorry for off topic, but I somehow found myself spending most of my orientation trip with some chick from Liberty, she kept talking about how she was part of the “World Famous Liberty Belles.” I guess a HS version of the Rangerettes or some shit. I told her I had never heard of them. And to this day, I still haven’t heard of them since that weekend.

In her defense there actually are multiple Liberty Bells and one of them is pretty famous. Maybe she's just confused. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

SC and I met with him once at Pinkerton's, for some reason Shark Mccullogh was there as well, all he wanted to do was talk to Shark about how he was illegally paid (Side note: he wasn't) and how we could replicate this...mind you, this is AFTER the pancake factory and after we had legit IRS approval for the first-ever 501c3. We created a fucking space shuttle but this dude INSISTED on only riding on horseback to get to the moon.

Sorry for being a pedant, but I can't let this pass. The space shuttle never left low-Earth orbit, so if you created one, you aren't going to the Moon either. 

image.png.56d5a07cf0aae0849d9bc002eef53d62.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

It sounds like you really like Glasscock.

Juvenile and predictable joke aside, yes, my view is that readers of this board and other boards, along with folks involved, are taking the loss of this dude rather lightly. Should be fun to see how it all goes.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Juvenile and predictable joke aside, yes, my view is that readers of this board and other boards, along with folks involved, are taking the loss of this dude rather lightly. Should be fun to see how it all goes.

I guess here is to hoping that maybe some stuff was misconstrued and that Harris is taking Glasscocks spot, JMJ is taking Harris spot and they'll hire a GM above them as well as a recruiting director?

24 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

a_KCDy.gif.7cd107c681035afffdee7aaa66b4f554.gif

2 hours ago, SimkinsMan said:

Sorry for being a pedant, but I can't let this pass. The space shuttle never left low-Earth orbit, so if you created one, you aren't going to the Moon either. 

image.png.56d5a07cf0aae0849d9bc002eef53d62.png

Fuck you but fair....but mainly fuck you

1 hour ago, Hookem10 said:

I vote for closetojumping be our new GM. Long live THE University of Texas 

3 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

THE PRIDE AND WINNING TRADITION OF THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS WILL NOT BE ENTRUSTED TO THE WEAK OR THE TIMID!

Would love to see an alternate universe where this happened...but emphasis on the alternate

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

7 hours ago, Newy25 said:

Not to interrupt whatever the fuck is going on in here but Burton is reporting that Glasscock’s vacant role is going to be filled with internal promotions. Harris will be the new team GM. 

Brandon Harris as the team GM?

Season 4 Chris GIF by Parks and Recreation

i want to trust Sark, but shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. that's a guy who has *never* been in a position at that level and is certainly concerning at best.

i'm all for internally promoting your dudes if they are awesome, but Brandon Harris?

Cbs GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

11 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Glasscock herded roughly 50 guys into understanding where they stood with regard to NIL deals, or lack thereof, and kept them on campus. You cannot win football games with your starting 22 and zero depth. Look to ATM last year and in 2024 for examples of how that works out. Seeing a guy, however uncouth some of you deem him to be, that handled that two cycles in a row move off to another school that knows what it is doing in NIL and the portal, to a promotion no less, isn't a good thing unless you have an agenda to spin or didn't like how he ran interference on some important shit at times that protected everyone. 

No agenda.  Obviously, he's good at some aspects of the job.   I felt the story was applicable, in light of the expected expanded role of a GM type (beyond a pencil pusher), and Sark seeming to be fine with letting him go.  The guy just came off really poorly in how he spoke about some of the players to people he didn't know. 

Wonder if Sark creates another position and adds someone to help with player evaluation  since that was one of Glasscock's strengths?

Old quote...

When Glasscock was first connected to the Texas job, 247Sports Director of Recruiting Steve Wiltfong classified Glass dock as one of the best in the business due to his ability to organize, evaluate, and recruit.

At Minnesota, Glasscock helped identify 10 future NFL draft picks who didn’t have any other Power Five offers, including walk-on linebacker Blake Cashman, who went in the fifth round.

But Glasscock also excelled in that third area, too — recruiting, helping to land some of the highest-rated players to sign with Minnesota and North Carolina State.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

What I don’t get is how Glasscock gets a GM job elsewhere but the guy who replaces him as GM probably doesn’t have as strong overall skills. I get that Harris is important for a lot of recruiting, but the GM job is so much more. Why not just make Glasscock the GM?

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

What I don’t get is how Glasscock gets a GM job elsewhere but the guy who replaces him as GM probably doesn’t have as strong overall skills. I get that Harris is important for a lot of recruiting, but the GM job is so much more. Why not just make Glasscock the GM?

Maybe he was tired of sitting on Mopac.

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1