Pac 12 Championship - Oregon v Washington 7pm ABC

Sbbruin

1 minute ago, TexasEd said:

We get to laugh at Oregon, the committee, and the media slobbering all over completion percentages and eye tests

Aggy also prioritizes moral victories. To each their own. I'll laugh if it happens, but it isn't the preferred outcome. 

2 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

We want Washington to blow then out... makes the committee have to admit that the eyetest without SOS is bullshit, which helps us significantly

Well, they do consider “everything” except the fact that Texas best Oregon in every metric.  Total bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, UTEE97 said:

The winner of this game (pac 12 champ) is guaranteed a spot. There is no need to overthink this. I hope Oregon gets run out of the stadium. Fuck OR and the committee for being so fucking dumb.

Maybe it will make the committee question everything and somehow they will figure out Texas is the best 1-loss team.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

We want Washington to blow then out... makes the committee have to admit that the eyetest without SOS is bullshit, which helps us significantly

Because Washington's SOS is so good?  If Texas does make it in, I think Oregon is a better matchup.  So I'd rather Oregon win.  But enjoying the beatdown so far.  

6 minutes ago, ChickenNuggets said:

you sir, are a band nerd

It's just facts.  Some people are acting like it's still the BCS Era where computers are deciding our fate and jumping teams in front of you was impossible unless they lost.  The committee has rules that favor conference champions, H2H match ups, and common opponents.  Oregon winning gives us a Chance to jump them depending on how we win, how they win, and if Alabama wins.  Washington winning gives us no chance.  Oregon looks like trash though so far so it's all moot. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I understand and fully agree with the idea that we want UO to win.  That said:

-- if they do win, our path is still a huge long shot even with a 'bama win

-- who I root for doesn't affect the game a all

-- fuck Oregon

This plus fuck Kirk Bohls.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, chemHORN said:

It's just facts.  Some people are acting like it's still the BCS Era where computers are deciding our fate and jumping teams in front of you was impossible unless they lost.  The committee has rules that favor conference champions, H2H match ups, and common opponents.  Oregon winning gives us a Chance to jump them depending on how we win, how they win, and if Alabama wins.  Washington winning gives us no chance.  Oregon looks like trash though so far so it's all moot. 

Put down the chemical you are on, son. You have been posting rubbish for a while now. I am concerned for you.

Just now, LTtxfan said:

Kalen DeBoer is a helluva coach...

And he was aggy’s main target. Main guy in the wishlist. According to Liucci, they approached him and he did not engage and in Luicci’s words gave them the “stiff arm.” After that, they didn’t even approach Lanning. 

• Haha 1

And maybe that is correct. But they definitely are putting a zero loss Pac 12 champion over a one loss big 12 champion. We have a chance to take the spot, however small, if Oregon wins. We have zero chance if Washington wins. There is absolutely zero benefit to Washington winning. None. 
There is a small benefit to Washington mudholing Oregon I think, especially since they've been ranked just above us all season. In reality the FSU/Louisville game is the one that matters most followed by Georgia/Bama.

2 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

The committee all year has had Oregon over us. I seriously doubt with them beating the #3 team in Washington to win the Pac-12 would suddenly change their mind to let us in front of them. I get what you are saying, we need as many undefeated teams lose to create chaos. But I always viewed this as a play in game. Winner gets in. We should absolutely already be in front of them. Our SOS is better, we have a better win by far and common opponent? We beat Tech by 50 and they needed a fury at the end to beat them. They don't get punished for playing Tech, Portland State, Hawaii. All shit teams. One not even being FBS. All I keep hearing is eyeball test and they have a better loss. Better loss comes way after best win, SOS, common opponent.