Week 14, 2023, Texas v Washington, College Football Playoff Edition

Wulaw Horn

22 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Serious question for UW folk. Suppose one of our guys pulls a Dallas Turner on you, and squashes Penix flat. Whatta ya got coming out of the bull pen?

Our backup is a 6'0" guy who's currently in the portal named Dylan Morris.  He was the QB of the 4-8 team before the new coaching staff.  He was unbearable to watch as a husky fan.  Worst deep ball passer I've ever seen. 

Behind him is a 17yo freshman named Austin Mack.  6'6" dude who supposedly has a rocket arm and is decently mobile for his size.  Probably Justin Herbert mobility.  Don't like his chances as a 17yo playing in a playoff game.  

• Hook 'Em 5

On 12/10/2023 at 7:15 PM, alphahydro said:

Surprisingly, so is Kansas.  If UW is a 40/6/6/11/9, Kansas is a 9/10/13/15/6.  (again these are national rankings based on unadjusted stats, with the exception of OFEI.)  I think it's hard to take too much from the Kansas' game, due to their bad defense and overall caliber of athlete. 

I'd argue Kansas is bad data due to their QB being out most of the season, and not being available against us. I know they eventually beat OU without Daniels but they needed time to hit that stride.

Still, great post

9 hours ago, troph said:

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/111394/surly-horns

throat shitter is trying to say he wanted to talk football. Hahaha.

and those pussy ass sons of bitches need to show their fucking faces. Call us faggots to our face ass munches. What are you 12? Jesus Christ. What a fucking wasteland. You’d think someone over there would be like hey, it’s 2023, we don’t talk like that anymore. Nope. And they are proud of it. Easily one of the worst message board communities I’ve seen and they are devoid of any analysis accusing us of having no respect and expecting Texas wipes the floor with them. What a waste of bandwidth. 

Yeah. Went over there a couple of weeks ago and was disappointed by the lack of content considering the circumstances.

Listened in on a couple of podcasts they had linked, and not much worthwhile discussion going on. It wasn't total meat head homerism just no back up or justification for opinions made which were mostly very pro Washington.

9 hours ago, troph said:

and those pussy ass sons of bitches need to show their fucking faces. Call us faggots to our face ass munches. What are you 12? Jesus Christ. What a fucking wasteland. You’d think someone over there would be like hey, it’s 2023, we don’t talk like that anymore. Nope. And they are proud of it. Easily one of the worst message board communities I’ve seen and they are devoid of any analysis accusing us of having no respect and expecting Texas wipes the floor with them. What a waste of bandwidth. 

Why don't YOU come say it to OUR faces. But I don't think you will, you are little more than cowardly pussy. All hat, no steak as they say down in your neck of the woods. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 18

13 hours ago, MikeDamone said:

Stop stealing my shot, fucko. 

9 hours ago, troph said:

Pipe down pipsqueak.     Stop acting like a bitch.   

Texas and Oregon fans have a lot in common.    

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 20

18 hours ago, Chili dog said:

Posting the entire tweet. Yes, we need to all send Mr. Carpenter thank you notes. 

IMG_9111.png

And I’m “hopping” mad that the uw poster has pissed off T Sweat to uw’s ultimate demise! Plus the uw poster is prob an English “perfesser”  who can’t write right! So much for academic excellence Washington. Have they ever heard Sweat elocute? He’s waaay ahead of Kirk Herby and most announcers already. Chris Carpenter needs to have Red Cross on standby.  

40 minutes ago, troph said:

I’m hoping now the WA players aren’t taking Texas seriously because “last year”. That would be something. I doubt it’s happening but 18-22 year olds do stupid shit from time to time.

I assure you the players are taking Texas seriously.   Texas players are overconfident and sark is a dumb drunk booger eater.  

• Fuck You 23

11 minutes ago, MikeDamone said:

I’m a 6’5 260lb former college basketball player and Army Ranger and you don’t want any in real life.

How dare you fucking try to steal valor. You should be fucking shot, little boy, but only to finally put you out of your misery after REAL Rangers beat the ever loving shit out of you.

Get that fucking shit out of here.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I really didn’t expect UW to have the worst opposing team posters ever.  Big surprise.

They aren’t the worst ever. This guy posted a bunch of bullshit that several of our posters fell for. I’ll give him that much.

But yeah, their ability to discuss football and talk shit are both severely lacking. I’m guessing it has to do with SAD. Or Low-T. Or both. 

40 minutes ago, MikeDamone said:

Exactly,   Not the brightest bulbs here.   About what you’d expect in Texas.   

34 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

As we say in Texas, your mother is a whore. The best part of you ran down her leg. 

6 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

They aren’t the worst ever. This guy posted a bunch of bullshit that several of our posters fell for. I’ll give him that much.

But yeah, their ability to discuss football and talk shit are both severely lacking. I’m guessing it has to do with SAD. Or Low-T. Or both. 

Is your head up your ass?

11 hours ago, Mach 1 said:

IIRC Washington receivers are the best in the country against press coverage. They are elite. 

There's no easy answer against their passing game outside of serious pressure on Penix. 

There are a lot of suggestion in here, but the key is for PK to use all of them. Penix is like 30 years old and in his 6th year. They have probably 3 WRs that will get drafted. Texas will need to mix up the coverages and pressures to keep Penix guessing. Another key will be the ability to disguise coverages. Show man coverage and drop into zone. If Penix gets comfortable with what he is seeing, it will be a long night. 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1

I’m trying to think what fan base  the Huskies are on par with when it comes to shit talk. Tech? I think they might even be better. I think they may be the worst. 

And it isn’t that we have thin skin. Believe me, we probably talk more shit about our fans and teams than anyone else. We’re offended by how unfunny and unoriginal your shit talk is. It’s really bad

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

There are a lot of suggestion in here, but the key is for PK to use all of them. Penix is like 30 years old and in his 6th year. They have probably 3 WRs that will probably get drafted. Texas will need to mix up the coverages and pressures to keep Penix guessing. Another key will be the ability to disguise coverages. Show man coverage and drop into zone. If Penix gets comfortable with what he is seeing, it will be a long night. 

I just don’t see the same thing everyone else sees when I watch Washington film I guess. 

Styles make fights and Washington’s style makes this a very entertaining match up, but they are also fragile. If they can’t grind some points out this game will get out of hand for them and you can’t dig out of the hole.

Texas is the opposite of fragile. This is the most physical team many of their opponents including Alabama has faced. It’s not just about speed, Texas plays with a fierce intensity and has depth to wear on teams. Washington can match, but I think a few missteps or turnovers and this game just gets out of reach on them. Unlike last year this is a second half, and really mostly 4th quarter team. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, immamac said:

I just don’t see the same thing everyone else sees when I watch Washington film I guess. 

Styles make fights and Washington’s style makes this a very entertaining match up, but they are also fragile. If they can’t grind some points out this game will get out of hand for them and you can’t dig out of the hole.

Texas is the opposite of fragile. This is the most physical team many of their opponents including Alabama has faced. It’s not just about speed, Texas plays with a fierce intensity and has depth to wear on teams. Washington can match, but I think a few missteps or turnovers and this game just gets out of reach on them. Unlike last year this is a second half, and really mostly 4th quarter team. 

Washington hasn't played a team near as physical as Texas is.

12 minutes ago, immamac said:

Washington is undefeated. I have not seen this fragile Washington team. You are correct in physicality. Texas wins easily, if they dominate the LOS. That means stopping the run with honest to light boxes, getting pressure with 4, and hitting 150+ rushing the football. 

• Hook 'Em 3

21 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Washington is undefeated. I have not seen this fragile Washington team. You are correct in physicality. Texas wins easily, if they dominate the LOS. That means stopping the run with honest to light boxes, getting pressure with 4, and hitting 150+ rushing the football. 

In trying to review their games, one thing that stuck out to me is that while Washington receivers are really good at making contested catches, they don't seem to get a lot of YACs. McMillan appears to be the primary YAC guy. But their offense in general doesn't so much create space for receivers as it creates one on one matchups where they win the jump ball. Just a really different style than our offense. 

29 minutes ago, Crapinon said:

You must be this guy with that sick, never heard before about Texas burn:

2 things come from Texas

HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 13,888

Steers and Queers

And you ain’t got no horns

We have soy-soaked PNW cucks challenging Texans… what a bizarre fucking world.

2 hours ago, Shut up Lou Holtz said:

Internet tough guy! With the sick burn!

Chili Dog has it right. With the exception of Huskyfan1997, they've acted like cretins.

They are utterly devoid of wit, style, or depth, but have an abundance of dumbfucktitude.

The time has come to ...

revenge of the sith episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

spacer.png

Edited by sith_horn

• Pancho locked this topic
  • Pancho unlocked this topic