2024 Celebrity Death Pool

Wally Fairway

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I know Starsky and Hutch is his most prominent role but 'Salem's Lot was terrifying to me when I was a kid. And it was a network TV movie.

Yeah.  9yo me shouldn't have been watching it.  I still remember some kid floating outside a second story window freaking me the fuck out.

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

Yeah.  9yo me shouldn't have been watching it.  I still remember some kid floating outside a second story window freaking me the fuck out.

pussy

12 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I know Starsky and Hutch is his most prominent role but 'Salem's Lot was terrifying to me when I was a kid. And it was a network TV movie.

I stayed at my grandparent's out in the middle of the Cass County sticks the weekend that first aired (yeah, I'm fucking old!).  There wasn't a light in sight outside, I mean it was Don Cheadle black out there (shout out to CunninLynguists for that one), and once the movie was over my Papaw sent me outside with nothing but a barely working flashlight in hand to make sure the barn was locked.  I later learned he wanted it locked because that's where he hid his homemade muscadine wine, and by learned, I mean my cousin an I found his stash when we were 13. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

I stayed at my grandparent's out in the middle of the Cass County sticks the weekend that first aired (yeah, I'm fucking old!).  There wasn't a light in sight outside, I mean it was Don Cheadle black out there (shout out to CunninLynguists for that one), and once the movie was over my Papaw sent me outside with nothing but a barely working flashlight in hand to make sure the barn was locked.  I later learned he wanted it locked because that's where he hid his homemade muscadine wine, and by learned, I mean my cousin an I found his stash when we were 13. 

What part of cass county was it? Because there are some parts that are sure enough in the sticks.

17 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

What part of cass county was it? Because there are some parts that are sure enough in the sticks.

South of HW77 between Douglasville and Marietta.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2024 at 12:01 PM, BamaATL said:

So speed racer actor Christian Oliver died in a small plane crash of the island of Grenadine.  Apparently his 2 small children with him.  

The Grenadines are a group of islands.

On 1/5/2024 at 10:10 AM, RPM said:

SOB kicked the shit out of the Russians in Alaska and stopped World War III.

1 minute ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I liked the end battle where he put his remaining men in pipes oriented to create interlocking fields of fire

I really thought that was an extremely niche movie that very few people saw, but it seems like a shitload of Gen Xers remember it when you bring up the pipes and the interlocking fields of fire, or mention it as the World War III movie with the lady from That's Incredible.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I really thought that was an extremely niche movie that very few people saw, but it seems like a shitload of Gen Xers remember it when you bring up the pipes and the interlocking fields of fire, or mention it as the World War III movie with the lady from That's Incredible.

Same. That was an ABC Movie of the Week. Just shows you how limited our TV was back then. When something decent was on everybody watched it. Interlocking fields of fire.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/11/2024 at 10:00 AM, atomheartbevo said:

I remember some Chicago sports broadcast showing that fight between him and Pete Rose.  First time I ever heard the term "bench-clearing brawl."  And that was back when you didn't just run out there and then play it cool on TV.  You literally cleared the bench of everyone to out onto the field to start throwing punches.  It created the unspoken rule of pitchers can come out of the bullpen but generally don't throw blows to protect their hands.  But if you were a position player, because of Harrelson and Rose...you starting swinging on everything including the umpires.  RIP Buddy.

1 hour ago, Stella Link said:

Still hard for me to comprehend after all the years of re-runs and how impactful she and that show was/is, it lasted all of one season.  RIP, Trixie.  Fun fact, her grand-nephew, Tim Redding pitched for the Astros for many years and I used to see him around every now and again.  

• Hook 'Em 3

On 12/30/2023 at 2:17 PM, Mrs Whiggins said:

They, and you, will likely keep on truckin' in '24. Madonna is a selection only due to some of the plastic surgery. That can mess with one's health if one overdoes it, although she's got access to quality doctors if she so chooses. Ezra Miller is the young dark horse but I'd read that he's (they're) getting some healthcare/treatment/counseling so I wish them (him) well. *Ezra uses them/them pronouns but I know it gets a little confusing in a post that mentions multiple names.

Do you think he might read this thread or something?