Sugar bowl tickets

blacklab

8 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Just scored tickets for $251.00 plus fees which brought the total to $345.00 on the Washington side. I think they might come down but I thought I pull the trigger since they were on row 6 in the upper level.

I was looking at those seats also.  Figured I wait.  

1 hour ago, DanTheHorn said:

Just scored tickets for $251.00 plus fees which brought the total to $345.00 on the Washington side. I think they might come down but I thought I pull the trigger since they were on row 6 in the upper level.

Where’d you buy through? Stubhub?

For those of you asking about face value; I buy two tickets ever year directly from the Sugar Bowl.  They are lower level around the 5 yard line in Section 145, Row 17.  My cost is $310 per seat or $620 for the pair.  There are some service charges and handling fees but I would consider $310 face value for that end / section.

• Hook 'Em 8

Just got this about a minute ago...

Thank you for your loyalty and support of Texas Athletics. Your passion is unmatched and has directly helped elevate our football program to its first College Football Playoff Semifinal appearance. The future has never looked brighter for our Longhorns, and you have been with us along the way all season long.  

We received your request for tickets to the College Football Playoff National Championship Game on January 8 in Houston. The demand for tickets from our donors and season ticket holders was the most in Texas Athletics history with over 33,000 ticket requests, and that doesn’t even include the demand from our nearly 20,000 UT students with the Big Ticket.

Congratulations!!! We are excited to inform you that should Texas advance to the National Championship Game, we will be able to fulfill your request based on your ticket request and priority limits. We will notify you of your seat location and price by January 4 when we charge your card on file. Ticket prices for the National Championship Game will range from $650-$1,700 and all seats will be filled as best available in loyalty rank order. 

Mobile tickets for the College Football Playoff National Championship Game will be sent via e-mail by January 5.

We greatly appreciate you for supporting Texas Athletics, and we hope you have a wonderful New Year!
  • Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, dittohead said:

Thank you for your loyalty and support of Texas Athletics. Your passion is unmatched and has directly helped elevate our football program to its first College Football Playoff Semifinal appearance. The future has never looked brighter for our Longhorns, and you have been with us along the way all season long.  

We received your request for tickets to the College Football Playoff National Championship Game on January 8 in Houston. The demand for tickets from our donors and season ticket holders was the most in Texas Athletics history with over 33,000 ticket requests, and that doesn’t even include the demand from our nearly 20,000 UT students with the Big Ticket.

Congratulations!!! We are excited to inform you that should Texas advance to the National Championship Game, we will be able to fulfill your request based on your ticket request and priority limits. We will notify you of your seat location and price by January 4 when we charge your card on file. Ticket prices for the National Championship Game will range from $650-$1,700 and all seats will be filled as best available in loyalty rank order. 

Mobile tickets for the College Football Playoff National Championship Game will be sent via e-mail by January 5.

We greatly appreciate you for supporting Texas Athletics, and we hope you have a wonderful New Year!

Wish mine said the same. Hooray...

Edited by Roofle

10 minutes ago, dittohead said:

That's a pretty big increase from last year. The most expensive ticket at SoFi was $1,175 and the club amenities there are a lot nicer than NRG.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, ZB'Tejas said:

If anyone needs 1 I have a UW guy that is selling his 3 extra and I only want 2 of them. Right in the middle of their section (328C) but...

How much are you paying him? PM me

40 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

In the Texas allotted section. I thought cheapest overall was 450 but obviously don't know for sure. 

CFP RSVP website said upper level face was $450

Edited by Tex48

35 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Bought some cheap seats on TickPick. We have a big group and a set of 10 tickets together opened up, otherwise we might not have gone but couldn't pass it up.

Let me know if you need party VIP ticket unlock code they are sold out to the public. 

Just like others have mentioned on here, prices especially in the upper level have dropped considerably.  Feel sorry for those who rushed to buy the $600 upper level tix.

im wondering how likely it will be that i can score some in the lower level for face value soon

3 hours ago, dtownmj said:

Just like others have mentioned on here, prices especially in the upper level have dropped considerably.  Feel sorry for those who rushed to buy the $600 upper level tix.

im wondering how likely it will be that i can score some in the lower level for face value soon

Season 7 Oops GIF by Workaholics

oh well. It was a part of a Christmas gift. 

On 12/21/2023 at 8:01 PM, dittohead said:

Jesus, that read like my acceptance letter 20 years ago...  get to the fucking point. lol.

23 minutes ago, joebevo said:

Ticketmaster is still sitting on lots of inventory..notice the available numbers are sitting between 2500-2700 since Thursday.. surly(sic) a ton were bought as Christmas gifts.. they will try to keep it at that level and prices will continue to fall..

The ticketmaster search function has always kind of sucked, but typically it lets you put in set price parameters that allows you to track (by highlighted section and highlighted seats) as prices are drooping.  For example, you could cap the range at $500 after fees and it will highlight which tickets are available.  For me at least, the high end is set at "$355+" so you could drop below 355 but not set a higher number.  Is this the same for everyone else?  Never seen this issue before so not sure if across the board or something weird on my app.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Skipper said:

The ticketmaster search function has always kind of sucked, but typically it lets you put in set price parameters that allows you to track (by highlighted section and highlighted seats) as prices are drooping.  For example, you could cap the range at $500 after fees and it will highlight which tickets are available.  For me at least, the high end is set at "$355+" so you could drop below 355 but not set a higher number.  Is this the same for everyone else?  Never seen this issue before so not sure if across the board or something weird on my app.

Yeah, and it only started about a week ago; prior to that you could enter a set upper amount in increments of $50. It’s almost like they don’t want people to be able to easily see where there are good seats for ‘cheap’.

”Well goddammit, this site is so difficult to use I guess I’ll just go ahead and buy these upper EZ tix for $1,100 each”…. 

12 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Yeah, and it only started about a week ago; prior to that you could enter a set upper amount in increments of $50. It’s almost like they don’t want people to be able to easily see where there are good seats for ‘cheap’.

”Well goddammit, this site is so difficult to use I guess I’ll just go ahead and buy these upper EZ tix for $1,100 each”…. 

Well, as long as they don't mess with the cap again it may end up working out fine.   At this point, given the amount of inventory, I don't see spending more than $350 for a pair of decent seats.  I set it at $350 earlier and a pair in the 100 level endzone popped up (I think they sold for $420 after fees).  It's just as easy way to track how quickly prices are lowering if they fix it back to where it was though.

11 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

These freakin’ tickets are really gonna get so low I’ll be tempted to pull the trigger, huh? Eh, spent way too much time on the road for multiple holiday trips in the last week, plus if I did make the trip, I doubt I could find lodging.

image.thumb.jpeg.6ba60bab9ef03320116d0b55c997d34c.jpeg

We’ll see… 

Too late to find a flight so that means you're driving, which means you found your lodging.

11 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

These freakin’ tickets are really gonna get so low I’ll be tempted to pull the trigger, huh? Eh, spent way too much time on the road for multiple holiday trips in the last week, plus if I did make the trip, I doubt I could find lodging.

image.thumb.jpeg.6ba60bab9ef03320116d0b55c997d34c.jpeg

We’ll see… 

There's lodging available if you do a little digging as a lot of folks that made a reservation have 3 days before checkin to get a refund so stuff randomly pops up. Today I grabbed a place downtown 4 blocks from Superdome.  Even if those aren't available I saw a lot of stuff further out. 

1 hour ago, ballrific said:

plenty of lodgin

I was just looking on Hotwire and I am getting $229 per night plus taxes for what I believe is the Hyatt Regency New Orleans.  That room is $459 if booked directly through Hyatt.  Ticket prices are also "reasonable" now and will probably come down more.  Only thing holding me back is the 10 hour each way drive from South Texas.  

Edited by cabowabo

I was just looking on Hotwire and I am getting $229 per night plus taxes for what I believe is the Hyatt Regency New Orleans.  That room is $459 if booked directly through Hyatt.  Ticket prices are also "reasonable" now and will probably come down more.  Only thing holding me back is the 10 hour each way drive from South Texas.  

giphy.gif