Bo Davis got in the mother fucker - Now DL Coach at LSU for ~1.5M/yr

bschoolprof

Yes it does. He went to school there. Sometimes money isn't everything
That was a long ass time ago now, coaches are mercenary by nature. I can understand if we didn't match the offer, (300k extra goes further in Red Stick vs ATX) but if we did then it doesn't make sense with the class he's got coming in. Haven't paid attention to LSU's recruiting, but I doubt it's better.

• immamac changed the title to Bo Davis got in the mother fucker - Now DL Coach at LSU for ~1.5M/yr
1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

Ok, whatever.  You don't wanna be here Bo?  Get the fuck out!

Who's next?  Is Rod Wright ready for the big leagues?

Bobby said Ed Orgeron may be a candidate. I think that man is retired and spending all his money on the ladies.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Bobby said Ed Orgeron may be a candidate. I think that man is retired and spending all his money on the ladies.

Ed Ogeron?  Didn't he also have an alcohol problem?  Is Sark trying to put together the All-AA coaching staff?

He's like the Saban for former alcoholics.

Edited by DixonHur
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

6 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Reminds me of the guy who won the Lottery, and when asked what he planned to do with it, said: "I'll spend half of it on wine, women and song, and probably just fritter away the other half...."

16 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

He's not going there to play football either. Kid sucks and couldn't get snaps at directional U. Wonder why he went JUCO to start? Shit grades?

OK, lay off Beau.  I know him.  He's a good kid.  He went to school with my daughter and he was always very polite to me.  Kid was probably 5' 10" in 5th grade and shaving.  Doesn't mean he's NFL material.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

OK, lay off Beau.  I know him.  He's a good kid.  He went to school with my daughter and he was always very polite to me.  Kid was probably 5' 10" in 5th grade and shaving.  Doesn't mean he's NFL material.

Never said he wasn't a good kid. Facts are he isn't directional Louisiana U material much less SEC material so he's basically going to be a walkon at LSU. He isn't playing much if at all. 

Also weird that the kid of a millionaire college DL coach would go JUCO instead of walking on at a big program. Not like his dad can't afford it. That makes it look like grades were an issue, and if that's the case could he even have gotten admitted to UT? Probably not. 

26 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

So he wasn't willing to wait 3.5 GD months for his son to get into a much better school?  What the actual fuck.  That makes no sense.

If the kid has one year of eligibility left, missing this spring is kind of a big deal.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Never said he wasn't a good kid. Facts are he isn't directional Louisiana U material much less SEC material so he's basically going to be a walkon at LSU. He isn't playing much if at all. 

Also weird that the kid of a millionaire college DL coach would go JUCO instead of walking on at a big program. Not like his dad can't afford it. That makes it look like grades were an issue, and if that's the case could he even have gotten admitted to UT? Probably not. 

What are "walk-on" grades at UT?  If they're anything like regular admissions, ain't nobody getting in.  Nothing about the guy ever made me think "stupid", but let's go ahead and assume something just to make ourselves feel better.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

What are "walk-on" grades at UT?  If they're anything like regular admissions, ain't nobody getting in.  Nothing about the guy ever made me think "stupid", but let's go ahead and assume something just to make ourselves feel better.

Name the reasons the kid of a millionaire football coach would go JUCO out of HS. 

It's not assumptions is analyzing the facts of the situation. Kid went JUCO out of HS and presumably for grades as I can't see any other reason that would happen in his circumstance. If the reported part about Davis wanting to coach his kid is true and his kid couldn't get into UT then even if we offered to match the $1.5 million it didn't make a difference for that reason.