Greg Orders Texas National Guard To Seize Park in Eagle Pass, Bars Border Patrol/CBP

atomheartbevo

20 minutes ago, immamac said:

They did in fact create the circus. Giving it airtime when it’s a big nothingburger is exactly why this is happening. Greg Abbott is a lot of things, stupid is not one of them. He’s a cruel piece of shit and a horrible public servant, but he’s only doing this for attention not for policy wins or any type of actual solve to the border issues. 

Thing is, it's not a nothing burger for a governor to defy the supreme court and state an intention to defy a court order, as well as mobilizing his state national guard against the federal government. It should be talked about. 

The problem is this bizarre impulse to take an average of all the different positions and call the middle one the "reasonable" one without any sort of actual critical thinking happening. It comes complete with a reflexive disgust of disagreements in general, and equivocates both sides of a disagreement and ignores the actual facts of a situation. Let me know if any of this is starting to sound familiar. 

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Azbadlands said:

\  A few years back they parked a Suburban on the Arizona side of the border loaded from top to bottom with freshly sawed off body parts...

\

I've been searching for any article about this and not seeing anything

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Duh! Do the research! It’s on FREEDOMEAGLEMAGANEWS.MAYLASIA.ORG! A story that plain as day tells us how someone’s brother’s friend’s sister’s husband’s cousin totally saw it happen! No pics, of course - the deep state was jamming all photographic equipment at the time.
  • Haha 3

Is Kristi Noem having a stroke? 

Texas and those 13 original colonies would’ve never signed the treaty that formed the first constitution of the United States if they didn’t think their right to protect themselves and defend their own people was protected. 

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, Smax said:

you won’t find it 

but it’s happened a couple of times around lake chapala. great great area, full of ex pats 

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2018/sep/25/a-smell-of-death-mexicos-truck-of-corpses-highlights-drug-war-crisis

• Hook 'Em 2

43 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Thing is, it's not a nothing burger for a governor to defy the supreme court and state an intention to defy a court order, as well as mobilizing his state national guard against the federal government. It should be talked about. 

FIFY

The thing is, it’s not a nothing burger for the federal govt to blatantly ignore, and even encourage the opposite of a states long time pleas for help, due entirely to the lack of electoral college votes you received from said state.   State took it into their own hands and drew attention to the situation, and now it’s being talked about. And it’s LOL.  

5 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

The thing is, it’s not a nothing burger for the federal govt to blatantly ignore, and even encourage the opposite of a states long time pleas for help, due entirely to the lack of electoral college votes you received from said state.   State took it into their own hands and drew attention to the situation, and now it’s being talked about. And it’s LOL.  

You really need to stop watching FOX News, because (once again) you're parroting lies.  Here, for instance, is the annual history of border arrests and expulsions from 1990-2022.  How the hell is the Federal government "doing nothing"?  Jesus, man.  Use your fucking head.

image.thumb.png.f079c27d291fad9baf62256be2e0d9c8.png

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

You really need to stop watching FOX News, because (once again) you're parroting lies.  Here, for instance, is the annual history of border arrests and expulsions from 1990-2022.  How the hell is the Federal government "doing nothing"?  Jesus, man.  Use your fucking head.

So you are making the assumption the same amount of folks cross, and when there’s more apprehensions, it means less people?  Is that really as far as you thought that thru?  Would you like a minute to think about it? 

• Fuck You 1

15 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

FIFY

abbott is a well known do nothing drama queen, that craves all this national attention. He loves all the time on fox news to spew his half truths and lies. It’s very very good for his fund raising. He probably has the 2nd biggest R war chest in the nation, maybe bigger than the orange dumb ass.

He’s been gov and in office for 30 ish years ? Now ask this, why is all this an issue in an election year + this is the only issue the orange dumb ass can run on. He’s had 30 years to make legitimate change on the border 

Also, in what world is a a couple of hundred ft of barb wire ‘protecting’ the state vs 1200+ miles of border ? In the world where this is all political drama and one huge photo op for R’s. 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

2016 to 2020 sure screams ‘open border’

where was abbott to ‘protect’ the state ?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

FIFY

Abbott has been directing this theater production while on a business development trip in India. That shows you what he thinks of this "crisis" and the intelligence of the people that bite on his manufactured drama.

• Hook 'Em 5

15 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Good God, you're thick.  Arrests and expulsions are at an multi-decade high.  This is a fact.  Whether or not that means successful (illegal) crossings are up, down, or flat is not represented in the data.  The point is that the US government is TRYING, quite contrary to what your bullshit media is telling you.

It tells me that attempts are up, and more needs to be done until the chart gets to historical levels.  Not that BP finally figured out how to do their fucking jobs for the first time ever.  Why is asking someone to give help without tying the funding to your family’s personal slush fund/board seats such a big ask?  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

Just now, fattyflattie said:

It tells me that attempts are up, and more needs to be done until the chart gets to historical levels.  Not that BP finally figured out how to do their fucking jobs for the first time ever.  Why is asking someone to give help without tying the funding to your family’s personal slush fund/board seats such a big ask?  

It doesn't tell you attempts are up.  That information is not buried in the chart.  Stop being a dumbass.

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

The Dems are trying to do more but the gop is throwing a temper tantrum as usual 

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

isn’t arresting and apprehending people their jobs ?

and taking cartel bribes 

18 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Because it's not really a request for help. It's a thinly veiled political stunt.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

you won’t find it 

but it’s happened a couple of times around lake chapala. great great area, full of ex pats 

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2018/sep/25/a-smell-of-death-mexicos-truck-of-corpses-highlights-drug-war-crisis

It's because it happened years ago, and honestly it's not huge news anymore...They've found hundreds of bodies in the desert mostly due to exhaustion, being abandon by the coyote cartel dudes leaving them behind.   There's groups of people that go out searching for the bodies to make sure they get buried properly...If you want a similar more recent story of how the cartels murder and rid themselves of enemies in Arizona here you go -

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/five-bodies-found-in-torched-suv-in-arizona-likely-drug-related-violence-police-say/

Edited by Azbadlands
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 8

6 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Maybe one of you can explain why we need the razor wire in this park? What problem is that actually solving? 
Perhaps this will help you understand how fucking stupid and moronic this political stunt is. 

R photo opp / fund raising focal point 

I’m shocked desantis and hailey haven’t visited to get media exposure 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

The cartels are bad. Duh.
But we don’t believe you on the outrage stories because this is playing out EXACTLY like the old “we found prayer rugs and Korans in the desert! Mooslem terrorists are sneaking over the border!” bullshit we heard 10 years ago. Exactly the same. Promulgated by nutbar right wing websites. No actual proof, just apocryphal “I know a guy who knows a guy who is CBP, and he saw it!”
While immigration is among the many issues that are legitimate grounds for policy debate, the current crisis is being politically manufactured 1) almost entirely by one party in order to 2) manipulate you into voting for them. Which you will do.
You’re being COMPLETELY PLAYED, and you don’t even get it.

You want a recent story from what you might consider a trustworthy news source, here you go - 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/five-bodies-found-in-torched-suv-in-arizona-likely-drug-related-violence-police-say/

Half the shit doesn't even get reported anymore, because like you said, the cartels are violent, and everyone knows it and who gives a shit, right?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 6

3 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

You want a recent story from what you might consider a trustworthy news source, here you go - 

Half the shit doesn't even get reported anymore, because like you said, the cartels are violent, and everyone knows it and who gives a shit, right?

And what does that have to do with the razor wire in this park? Or the Governor defying the Supreme Court?

• Hook 'Em 4

That’s not the story, or even type of story, you specifically cited in your post. Yes, the cartels are bad, and do bad shit….which is reported, regularly. By outfits like CBS. Your post indicated there was some SUV overloaded with body parts, and the media won’t cover it. It also followed the discussion about the utter bullshit that is “rape trees,” which has zero substantiation. In other words…it was bullshit.
Cartels have been killing people for decades. It’s FASCINATING how it 1) just became a crisis that 2) means that the Dems are bad people encouraging and supporting such things…on January 20, 2021. I mean, what an AMAZING coincidence!
  • Hook 'Em 4

The easy way to spot that this latest go round is disingenuous grand standing is the framing as a border crisis.

The correct problem solve is illegal immigration. Dicking around with border security is like treating a cancer patient with only fetanyl and declaring victory because they feel less pain.

Unless one really wants to dig into root cause issues of illegal immigration they are not to be taken seriously.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

That’s not the story, or even type of story, you specifically cited in your post. Yes, the cartels are bad, and do bad shit….which is reported, regularly. By outfits like CBS. Your post indicated there was some SUV overloaded with body parts, and the media won’t cover it. It also followed the discussion about the utter bullshit that is “rape trees,” which has zero substantiation. In other words…it was bullshit.
Cartels have been killing people for decades. It’s FASCINATING how it 1) just became a crisis that 2) means that the Dems are bad people encouraging and supporting such things…on January 20, 2021. I mean, what an AMAZING coincidence!

They did cover it, but it happened years ago.  It was on the local news here in Arizona for a while...

Do you think they cover border crap daily here?   It's like nonstop bad news, ranchers complaining, drug busts, dead people found in desert, cartel shootouts across the border...It's same shit, different day, every day, so anything that happens anymore doesn't even much make the evening news here, like that story above...First time I heard about it was from my friend and I read it on the internet..

• Fuck You 8

On 1/27/2024 at 6:22 PM, Azbadlands said:

I guess the one's they find across the border in Mexico are fake too?  And, all the stories the immigrants here in AZ have told are lies? 

The Cartels are fricking animals.  A few years back they parked a Suburban on the Arizona side of the border loaded from top to bottom with freshly sawed off body parts...

You think immigrant women mean anything to them?  They are just a piece of meat for them to use as they please when they can't pay for the trip across the border.  

Negged for unsupported horror stories intended to frighten idiots into voting our of fear. You're killing the republic. 

Edited by RomaVicta

1 hour ago, Zonahorn said:

There is zero chance this guy is from Arizona

More chance than anyone on here that probably hasn't even been near the really bad parts of the border, and think every story is sensationalized for political reasons, or just numb to the stories so don't give a shit..

If you're from AZ, have you ever volunteered to go down to the border with groups that help distressed immigrants in the desert?  Or groups that clean up the trash down there or find and bury the bodies?  Or do you just sit on your ass watching Juan mow your lawn In Gilbert, or Scottsdale?

Edited by Azbadlands
  • Fuck You 6

1 hour ago, Zonahorn said:

There is zero chance this guy is from Arizona

Similar to the GRUHorn sock that was outsourced claiming that only rich Texans could/would pay illegals immigrants to mow their lawns, paint their houses, etc,

Meanwhile

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

You haven't done any of that

I have done all of that because of people I know in the Border Patrol that have asked me to volunteer..I've went down there to help when it's Summer here too when it's hot enough to fry an egg on the top of your head..

My friends and I ride in on horseback and hunt and camp in a lot of the same areas as well, and have helped many immigrants with food, water, directions for help, etc.  Have run into several drug mules, and spotters up in the mountains, just stay away from those types.

• Fuck You 8