Fire Rodney Terry

MuellerHorn

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

IMG_6715.thumb.jpeg.96486cfc510cf899a4a86781b193319c.jpeg

I don’t think we will be favored but I bet we win a game or two we shouldn’t. Not sure which ones but probably Baylor at home after an embarrassing loss, then we will lose a few more in a row then win a game or two and so on. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

No it’s not. No one is whining, we’re pissed off our shitty coach is acting like a pussy. Sounds like he’s rubbing off on you and the other RT pumpers. Just face it Mr “wait for the season to play out”, RT was the wrong choice and he is what he was before he got gifted with a for sure EE squad. No one needs to wait through the rest of the big 12 schedule to know he blows ass.

Just wait til next year.

2 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

No it’s not. No one is whining, we’re pissed off our shitty coach is acting like a pussy. Sounds like he’s rubbing off on you and the other RT pumpers. Just face it Mr “wait for the season to play out”, RT was the wrong choice and he is what he was before he got gifted with a for sure EE squad. No one needs to wait through the rest of the big 12 schedule to know he blows ass.

The Derka post I quoted was 1000% whining. He's talking about "hundreds of thousands of sports fans are clowning us" and called it "the top trending story in college basketball and beyond!"

Meanwhile the story is not on the front page of either ESPNs or The Athletics NCAAM websites.

I think what RT did was weak too. I'm a whole lot more pissed off about blowing the last two winnable games, though, TBH. And I definitely don't give a flying fuck if some jagoff who doesn't like Texas anyways tweets about it.

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I'm really not sure why people think there's no chance RT won't be fired after 1 year. 

A 3-15 Big 12 finish would be our worst year in conference play in about 40 years. That would probably also lead to roster turnover and losing at least one of those top recruits. RT is 100% getting fired if Texas finishes 3-15 or 4-14 in Big 12 play. 

I predict we will lose at least two of the recruits anyway. 

Edited by CTC2

18 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

The Derka post I quoted was 1000% whining. He's talking about "hundreds of thousands of sports fans are clowning us" and called it "the top trending story in college basketball and beyond!"

Meanwhile the story is not on the front page of either ESPNs or The Athletics NCAAM websites.

I think what RT did was weak too. I'm a whole lot more pissed off about blowing the last two winnable games, though, TBH. And I definitely don't give a flying fuck if some jagoff who doesn't like Texas anyways tweets about it.

it wasn’t on the front page of espn.com? did you check this morning’s newspaper too lol? i don’t know if you’ve heard of a little thing called social media, but rodney terry was (and this is not a joke) trending so hard last night and for the majority of today that “gus fring” started trending.

RT’s whiny antics were talked about on every single major sports talk show today, it was on ESPN, it was on FS1, it was on the dan patrick show, it’s been all over barstool sports, and it was even a topic on PTI today where wilbon and kornheiser crushed RT and told him to win the game if he didn’t like the horns down. it’s been a terrible look for Texas since it happened last night, and nobody here has any problems with anything i’ve said except you. how unusual.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 10
  • Fuck You 1

21 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

Derka? Hyperbole? You don't say?

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

You’re using ESPN and Athletic as examples. The shit is plastered all over Facebook, Twitter, instagram, and tiktok and is reaching far more viewership than if it was just on those sites. Change your diaper grandpa and realize this is the 21st century. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck You 1

22 minutes ago, Deej said:

Derka? Hyperbole? You don't say?

How is posting facts hyperbole? None of what he said exaggerated. RT was a massive pussy about horns down and now Texas is getting obliterated on social media and MSM. Those are all facts not derka making it up to whine. JFC. 

• Hook 'Em 5

In addition to the buyout perhaps not being fully guaranteed, I would think that there is an offset clause if he gets another job. He could also be reassigned within the program like what we did with Mack. If CDC is serious about winning and not the optics, getting rid of RT at the end of the season shouldn't be too difficult.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Everyone here was sucking RTs dick with our EE run. Now all of a sudden it’s “he was given an elite roster” foh. All this whining and bitching isn’t gonna change nothing. He’s not getting fired after one season, so we have literally no choice but to let the season play out and see if he can turn it around.

Edited by A’Dam Psycho

5 hours ago, MrX said:

I’m out now. Was willing to wait to see what it looked like when Disu got back and got his minutes up. Welp. 

Terry will still be the coach here next year though. 

There is a tried a true way forward for both UT and RT: he resigns at  or near season’s end due to “health concerns” , and takes  generous retirement payoff/buyout. Texas get a chance to be relevant w/ a real HC hire, RT get a nice payday -sparing him and his loved ones from 2 more years of degrading and humiliating public comment. Everyone moves on happy.

Edited by El Squared
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Everyone here was sucking RTs dick with our EE run. Now all of a sudden it’s “he was given an elite roster” foh. All this whining and bitching isn’t gonna change nothing. He’s not getting fired after one season, so we have literally no choice but to let the season play out and see if he can turn it around.

Not everyone was sucking RT's dick. at least not the people that did 5 seconds of research to look at his record as a HC.

and you are right about the no choice.  maybe the Fire Rodney Terry thread isn't for you for the rest of the year.

5 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

Yeah, this is a bad look.

You have to understand that we're Texas, and everyone is always going to gun for us and act like giddy little schoolgirls when they beat us, because most of the time they don't.  If you don't embrace that and coach your guys to do likewise, then this isn't the job for you.

Also, calling people classless is itself a little classless, so they need to have done something worse for you to play that card.

Rodney would be well advised not to do or say anything that gets us any additional attention during this abortion of a season.  Just lose your games as quietly as possible, Coach.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 1

The money wanted Terry but CDC is also supposed to throw cold water on these guys(which maybe he did)sometimes.  Rodney Terry's resume would probably never gotten him an interview under normal circumstances, considering what CDC has consistently said about HC hirings.

Many talked about saving the team from players transferring, recruiting class.  IMO, you can not, in the days of the portal, think that way when hiring a coach.

People seem to think that if you don't hire Terry that everyone leaves and the new coach doesn't bring any players or recruits with him.  Do you lose some top flight recruits/players that the new coach can't replace fully?  maybe but if you take 12 players that average a 7 on a 10 scale and lose some, maybe the new coach brings in players that average 6 or 6.5 and since he's a good coach he coaches them up.

I just don't see the need to handcuff yourself for continuity/players sake these days unless you have someone like a Durant that can't be replaced.  I love Disu but he's not that type of player.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

UCF coach should have told him to fuck off, honestly.

Johnny Dawkins should have channeled John Chaney ripping Calipari at the post game press conference. At least, that’s what I’d have done. No one disciplines another team’s players other than their coach.

Edited by Macklemore

5 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Cougar High fans are already mocking us. Thanks a lot RT.

Yes, because I'm sure no one at a Houston game ever did horns down before that comment. I've watched basketball games involving two no-name schools not even in the Big 12 that have a random student or fan doing it. 

His comment was stupid and dumb on multiple levels, but let's not pretend that no one did it/knew about it before he said anything.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

No they weren’t. You just made this shit up. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

It is a compliment like a poster above. RT was just frustrated his team sucks right now so he went to the classless shit. That’s what junior high tapps coaches say when you win by 50 and they call you classless. Beat a team you should beat at home and you wouldn’t have seen it but go on the road and you’ll see it no matter if we’re up by 50. 

4 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Yeah, this is a bad look.

You have to understand that we're Texas, and everyone is always going to gun for us and act like giddy little schoolgirls when they beat us, because most of the time they don't.  If you don't embrace that and coach your guys to do likewise, then this isn't the job for you.

Also, calling people classless is itself a little classless, so they need to have done something worse for you to play that card.

Rodney would be well advised not to do or say anything that gets us any additional attention during this abortion of a season.  Just lose your games as quietly as possible, Coach.

Everyone?  Lol

4 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Everyone?  Lol

True, not "everyone." It's only officially 11 teams who claim we're their biggest rival:

In 2019, University of Memphis professor Cody Havard, who studies fan behavior, told ESPN that research showed that matchups with the Longhorns were frequently circled on the calendars of other teams' fans.

"We polled college fans and asked them who their biggest rival was," Havard said. "Texas has 11 different teams identifying them as a rival, by far the most in the country."

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39007795/texas-longhorns-big-12-embrace-hate-rivals

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

That was a talented, experienced, motivated group last year. We should have thanked Terry for not driving the train off a cliff, and then hired our new head coach. 

given him Beard's remaining salary for last season and a thank you for your service.  Offer him a job in the athletic department and then say you are cleaning house, clean slate

2 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

True, not "everyone." It's only officially 11 teams who claim we're their biggest rival:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39007795/texas-longhorns-big-12-embrace-hate-rivals

Yes.  And you guys consider OU your only real rival.  I like it.  Let the hate flow.  Just saying the acting like giddy school girls is a bit much when referencing ‘everyone’.  The ‘We’re Texas’ thing while winning like KSU is gonna lead to a lot of jokes.  

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Everyone?  Lol

45 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Just saying the acting like giddy school girls is a bit much when referencing ‘everyone’.  The ‘We’re Texas’ thing while winning like KSU is gonna lead to a lot of jokes.  

You're right.  Not everyone.  Just Tech, Baylor, TCU, U of H, any of the other Big 12 Left Behinds, and any random OOC opponent doing the Horns down and taking extra pride in beating us.

And they *did* act like giddy schoolgirls when they beat us.  Did you not see the clip?

The point was that if any of this bothers you, you shouldn't be coaching here, because it goes with the job.

12 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

You're right.  Not everyone.  Just Tech, Baylor, TCU, U of H, any of the other Big 12 Left Behinds, and any random OOC opponent doing the Horns down and taking extra pride in beating us.

And they *did* act like giddy schoolgirls when they beat us.  Did you not see the clip?

The point was that if any of this bothers you, you shouldn't be coaching here, because it goes with the job.

Agreed on all points.  Just beat the shit out of the have nots then throw the horns down in their face.  It’s the only move.  

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Agreed on all points.  Just beat the shit out of the have nots then throw the horns down in their face.  It’s the only move.  

Great, glad we agree.  You're one of the good ones.  I still hope ou burns to the ground, though.

2 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Great, glad we agree.  You're one of the good ones.  I still hope ou burns to the ground, though.

In an NIL world, it's possible.  Just look at the damage you guys are doing in the portal vs OU.  If this is it, it's been a fun ride.