Fire Rodney Terry

MuellerHorn

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

get a tech or something

i said this after the second of those back to back fouls on disu. we had a decent lead, the refs were killing us, disu was headed to the bench; it was the perfect time to get t’d up and light a fire under his team.  it he just stood there with a quizzical look on his face. that was frustrating to watch.

Just now, Deej said:

I'm sure Derka is masturbating vigorously to the Terry loss while watching a worn out VHS tape of Rick Barnes doing his tongue flick. 

get ready for the "confused Terry look" meme/gif next week. 

• Drool 1

6 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Derka lists specific failures by Terry,  Deej posts something stupid trying to bait him. Later people will complain that Derka is ruining the thread and ignore completely worthless shitposts like that one. 

Worthless shitposts are the cornerstone of internet.

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

You get a lot of shit but I have agreed with you on this from the beginning. Beard really served y'all up a heaping shit sandwich. It should get better from here.

It’s going to get worse before it gets better. 

2 minutes ago, Mile High Horn said:

Don’t forget Terry’s barely audible raspy-ass voice.  

We should not enter a new conference with RT as head coach.  We need a coach who will be able to keep Tre Johnson.  Let’s do this, CDC.

User name.  What are you smoking?

does Rodney give anyone a Stephon urkel vibe?

5 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I keep assuming that he gets replaced after this season but I guess that's probably wrong.

no chance.  he made the tournament. one win this year and he's golden for the next 2 years even if he misses the tourney or goes one and done next year.

I'd be shocked if he doesn't get 4.  We are optics driven and like to give coaches a long leash.  Especially in the revenue sports.  Even though his is small we really don't like paying buyouts and then have to hire another coach at double what the last guy was getting.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

It’s going to get worse before it gets better. 

14 minutes ago, Mile High Horn said:

Don’t forget Terry’s barely audible raspy-ass voice.  

We should not enter a new conference with RT as head coach.  We need a coach who will be able to keep Tre Johnson.  Let’s do this, CDC.

You will get two more years of RT and you'll like it.

9 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

hmmmm.

and what are the optics right now?

That we care more about women’s basketball?

I mean, this was the resume it took to get that job. 

IMG_9375.jpeg

Edited by CTC2
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

That we care more about women’s basketball?

Texas men’s basketball should be hiring Vic Schaefer level coaches, and that’s a take that everyone should agree with. that’s why it’s blown my mind all season how many UT fans we’ve had here advocating for RT when you can look no further than the women’s team to see the level of coach that this school/athletics program is expected to hire. never mind that names like jerritt elliott, eddie reese, and augie garrido have been our standard here for decades.

this idea that RT is even remotely close to the level of coach we should be employing, or that he might somehow grow into that level of coach as he nears his third decade in the profession is just totally nonsensical when we all have a lifetime of up close and personal empirical evidence which shows us what great coaches look like. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

Texas men’s basketball should be hiring Vic Schaefer level coaches, and that’s a take that everyone should agree with. that’s why it’s blown my mind all season how many UT fans we’ve had here advocating for RT when you can look no further than the women’s team to see the level of coach that this school/athletics program is expected to hire. never mind that names like jerritt elliott, eddie reese, and augie garrido have been our standard here for decades.

this idea that RT is even remotely close to the level of coach we should be employing, or that he might somehow grow into that level of coach as he nears his third decade in the profession is just totally nonsensical when we all have a lifetime of up close and personal empirical evidence which shows us what great coaches look like. 

We did.

It didn't work out.

2 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

If RT was white, he likely wouldnt have been hired at end of last season

I think it was more that the money guys know Rodney for years.  If he was a Beard assistant no one really knew before Beard showed up, he wouldn't have been hired.

regardless bad reason to hire a coach.

who knows, Abmas might go unconscious and he wins a game or 2.

13 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Right, but Fresno has no competitive advantage over say a place like Arizona St (hottest chicks in the world) and Arizona.  Those two schools may actually be closer to LA,

That's a big no.  (219 miles VS 484/381 miles).

17 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

And that .500 record is going to get worse next season.

You have no idea. No one here has any idea. Remember fans thinking we'd win 5-10 games this season before the portal carousel finished?  Or the sweeping narrative we'd finish 5-13 in the Big 12 after the UCF game?  No one knows shit. 

Maybe we, as fans, shouldn't make sweeping proclamations about what our record will be in March 2025 until we see what Texas does in the portal first.  

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Js1 said:

You have no idea. No one here has any idea. Remember fans thinking we'd win 5-10 games this season before the portal carousel finished?  Or the sweeping narrative we'd finish 5-13 in the Big 12 after the UCF game?  No one knows shit. 

Maybe we, as fans, shouldn't make sweeping proclamations about what our record will be in March 2025 until we see what Texas does in the portal first.  

Seen this show before but you’re right, we will have to wait and see what happens.