Cowboys-Packers Round Nine

Surly Bevo

12 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

It’s been what 35 years of him being ignorant? There’s no hope

Shame is you are probably right.  I have unfortunately watched this far more often than I care to admit.   These current players are over priced and could not be a towel boy for the Doomsday defense or Jimmy’s group. 

Edited by Real Papi
  • Hook 'Em 1

I wanna see Fat Mike dropped off in Buffalo with Dak. Gallup.  And the entire D line.   Trade pollard for a 4th round pick.   And then fire everyone minus Parsons. Ferguson. lamb maybe cook 

duck it. Fire everyone and blow up the stadium 

• Hook 'Em 3

Here's to hoping the DakCarthy Experience is forever dead from this day forward!

DakTurnovers.thumb.jpg.ba6deea4c46bf685819fd28dfb341b32.jpg

Sorry is this was already posted in the thread. I'm not about to go back through this shit show to see.

Edited by Burt
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Real Papi said:

Game long over but that was horrible game prep and management by McCarthy once again.  The game is won in the trenches and JJ and company have whiffed far more often than hit.  Hope to see a much lord improved team next year, all you have to do is objectively look at current successful teams and put aside your damn ego JJ.  Fans deserve better.

His interview on GameDay earlier this year said it all. His quote was something like I don't have to talk to the owner, or the GM, or the president of football operations, I just do whatever I want to do. He's a narcissist and will never change and unless he's the blind squirrel who bumps into a nut they will never be more than what they are. The day he fired Jimmy was the day that things changed forever... and no I don't count the next year when the team basically ran itself. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

The Cowboys have had plenty of talent over the last decade, certainly more than enough to make a conference champ game or Super Bowl.  What they have not had is a culture focused on winning.  And how could they?  Ultimately the owner is more focused on doing it his way than just winning and anybody who comes through the halls of the Star knows this and comports themselves accordingly.  Not exactly groundbreaking I know.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I wanna see Fat Mike dropped off in Buffalo with Dak. Gallup.  And the entire D line.   Trade pollard for a 4th round pick.   And then fire everyone minus Parsons. Ferguson. lamb maybe cook 

duck it. Fire everyone and blow up the stadium 
Lamb and Parsons are problems too.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

The Cowboys have had plenty of talent over the last decade, certainly more than enough to make a conference champ game or Super Bowl.  What they have not had is a culture focused on winning.  And how could they?  Ultimately the owner is more focused on doing it his way than just winning and anybody who comes through the halls of the Star knows this and comports themselves accordingly.  Not exactly groundbreaking I know.  

It amazes me there are some people who don't get it. How many decades does it take? HC after HC and QB after QB it never changes. It's all from the terrible culture instilled from the very top that leaks down and contaminates the organization. 

It's the exact same reason aggy hasn't won since Hitler was screaming at rallies. It's not something that has any measurements or stats and doesn't show up on any metrics, but it's more impactful to winning than any stat out there. Sark, CDC, and Hartzell know it and spent a ton of time getting it built correctly. Until the poison at the top is removed no winning culture can grow. 

• Like 4

Bragging about being a 5...

I love their young team, but Texans have pissed down their leg PLENTY throughout their entire existence.

Edited by slorch

Cowboys podcast that a lot of y’all have probably heard. The analyst about 30:00 in goes in depth on how bad Dak sucked in this game. Pretty pitiful. 

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-doomsday-podcast/id1229507055?i=1000641666409

I watched about 5 minutes of this game due to kids’ sports commitments. I long ago realized you need to distance yourself from caring too much about the Cowboys with Jerrah in charge. But it’s clear to me that Dak isn’t getting you anywhere close to Super Bowl. It would be a big move to cut ties though.  

Edited by Boss Hogg

3 minutes ago, Boss Hogg said:

Cowboys podcast that a lot of y’all have probably heard. The analyst about 30:00 in goes in depth on how bad Dak sucked in this game. Pretty pitiful. 

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-doomsday-podcast/id1229507055?i=1000641666409

I watched about 5 minutes of this game due to kids’ sports commitments. I long ago realized you need to distance yourself from caring too much about the Cowboys with Jerrah in charge. But it’s clear to me that Dak isn’t getting you anywhere close to Super Bowl. It would be a big move to cut ties though.  

Jerry gonna make Dak the highest paid player in NFL history.

Due to the icy weather predicted to arrive last night, I went for a long walk prior to the game. Hustled home when I saw it was starting; spouse was watching when I returned and I ask the score. 7-0 GB and I was a little surprised but not a big deal. He's watching and I'm going around doing tasks, pre-supper prep etc and whenever he yells out, 'they scored,' was more and more like what the hell because it was (almost) always the Packers. The same Packers that I had assumed were underdogs. So I trot in to watch circa 2nd quarter. The folks that were talking about the defensive 'cushion'? Yeah, that seemed accurate and the weird thing was it had the effect/appearance that Dallas hadn't game planned anything. NGL, I was rooting for GB, after living up north for many years, we liked them--or more accurately, we disliked Jones and the way he micro-managed to the point of missing the big picture of team ownership (emphasis on team). Green Bay may go no further after this game, but they had in a way, less to lose, but they played like a team that was invested in winning, in proving something by winning. That seems more important than being invested in an image and proving something by trying to protect that image. (my amateur p.o.v. on Jones' method).