Saturday, Jan. 20

Matchup Time (ET) TV Live stream
Texans at Ravens 3:30 p.m. ABC/ESPN ESPN+, Fubo
Packers at 49ers 8 p.m. Fox Fubo

Sunday, Jan. 21

Matchup Time (ET) TV Live stream
Buccaneers at Lions 3 p.m. NBC Peacock, Fubo
Chiefs at Bills 6:30 p.m. CBS

Ravens are the only team I think the Lions have zero chance of beating if they were to make it to the Super Bowl (Not sure they can beat San Fran to get there through).

So goooooooo Texans.

I think its going to be a championship weekend with  9ers/Lions and Ravens/Bills.

I think KC is better than Buffalo but eventually Buffalo has to win one.... right?

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I wonder if Purdy turns pumpkin against Green Bay.

The Packers have already executed the plan to beat the Niners: go into a rowdy building, go up 10-0 or 14-0 right out of the gate, and turn the crowd on the home team. They did it in Detroit on Thanksgiving, they did it in Minnesota on New Years Eve, and they did it last Sunday at Jerry World. Add in the fact that Kyle Shanahan's Niners have a really bad record when coming from off the pace, and you've got a live dog.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, GopherRock said:

The Packers have already executed the plan to beat the Niners: go into a rowdy building, go up 10-0 or 14-0 right out of the gate, and turn the crowd on the home team. They did it in Detroit on Thanksgiving, they did it in Minnesota on New Years Eve, and they did it last Sunday at Jerry World. Add in the fact that Kyle Shanahan's Niners have a really bad record when coming from off the pace, and you've got a live dog.

Yep he has a really abysmal record as far as having to come from behind. The niners are unstoppable as front runners. Not as good when the other team puts them in a hole early.

Much easier said than done. Niners own Green Bay in the playoffs as well. Those teams you listed, their defenses aren't even close to what SF has. I doubt SF will play soft zone all day like Dallas. They will get after Love much more consistently.

Yep he has a really abysmal record as far as having to come from behind. The niners are unstoppable as front runners. Not as good when the other team puts them in a hole early.
But that's the mark of a really solid team. They don't get down early that often. Dallas and SF are on 2 totally different levels.

1 hour ago, tx ind said:

I used to enjoy seeing the Chiefs win but the perpetual whining from Mahomes and Kelce is ridiculous at this point.

Same, but I'm also already tired of Josh Allen's fucking palms up act every single time he gets touched by any defender.  You're like 6'5" and a zillion pounds you pussy. 

9 hours ago, Juicy said:

Ravens are the only team I think the Lions have zero chance of beating if they were to make it to the Super Bowl (Not sure they can beat San Fran to get there through).

So goooooooo Texans.

I think its going to be a championship weekend with  9ers/Lions and Ravens/Bills.

I think KC is better than Buffalo but eventually Buffalo has to win one.... right?

They said the same thing when they were losing four STRAIGHT Super Bowls.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/17/2024 at 4:15 AM, InkaUtexas said:

Texans over Ravens.

Niners win.

Lions (Fuck Mayfield)

Toss up, think the Bills pull it off

Same except I think the Ravens just barely squeak it out. Niners coast. 

Mahomes will have all day in the pocket and his OL not draw any holds but a controversial call won't go their way and he throws another classic tittybabyfit. 

Detroit rides their momentum and beats a very bad Mayfield (at least two picks).

Cinderella Packers hit midnight because they can’t stop the run; CMC has +150 all purpose yds. Love doesn’t get the ball enough.

Stroud puts Lamar on notice, but Ravens barely squeak out a win. (Definitely taking the Texans -9 in this one).

I’m so fuckin tired of both the Bills and Chiefs to the Nth degree. So fuck them both. I guess Bills.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Very damn cool ….

Damn impressive of him, he’s not some scrub ….

Clyde Edwards-Helaire signed a 4 year, $10,821,570 contract with the Kansas City Chiefs, including a $5,430,232 signing bonus, $9,955,845 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $2,705,393. In 2024, Edwards-Helaire will earn a base salary of $5,461,000, while carrying a cap hit of $5,461,000.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/17/2024 at 3:27 PM, TornACL said:

Same, but I'm also already tired of Josh Allen's fucking palms up act every single time he gets touched by any defender.  You're like 6'5" and a zillion pounds you pussy. 

I was not a fan of Bills fans crying so hard after the 13 second game that they changed the overtime rules. That was bullshit.

Texans vs Ravens: Ravens win close

49ers vs GB: GB has no answer for 49ers rushing attack

I have been convinced. Lions win

Chefs vs Bills: chiefs wr gets the ball right in the numbers for a go-ahead TD, then immediately drops it. Bills win

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Rimbo said:

why am i the only person dumb enough to think the bucs have a chance... if only because I just can't believe in the Lions

Bucs have a better chance than the Texans for sure. Ravens are going to work them 

17 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Bucs have a better chance than the Texans for sure. Ravens are going to work them 

This is a weird matchup to me with a healthy Stroud. Texans have a great OLine if starters are good to go. Depth is an issue. Tank Dell was a big loss at WR so their WRs and RBs/TEs have to step up. That’s a weakness. BUT…

we have never seen a good Lamar in the post season and he can be inconsistent. Baltimore’s big weakness is special teams and Frank Ross’s unit with the Texans is pretty much the best ST in the NFL two years running. I favor the Texans in this matchup and I can’t say why. It just feels like that. (Watch it be a Ravens beatdown) I think we will see some surprises this weekend. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Andrews out for the Ravens.
Isn't one of their starting DBs also out?

I'm not sure what Houston will do tomorrow. Cleveland isn't exactly a great barometer to judge. Flacco has no magic left. He looked like a freshman QB playing against varsity in the 2nd half. Their defense was trash, too.

I was a fan of Stroud in college and he's played great this year. Houston is playing with house money and can let it all hang out. Can they do what Tennessee did when Baltimore was the 1 seed in 2019 when they came in there and dominated for an easy win.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 1/17/2024 at 2:19 PM, tx ind said:

I used to enjoy seeing the Chiefs win but the perpetual whining from Mahomes and Kelce is ridiculous at this point.

100% understand that. 100%.

Still want to see the Chiefs win. They have straight up sucked at times this season and have had to reset this offense multiple times.  Fuck the refs.  Fuck all of the bullshit.  If they win this weekend, it will be because 1)their 2 shittastic OTs find a way to be serviceable, 2) their receivers including Kelce, find a way to catch catchable balls, and 3) their improved defense stymies the Bills offense.

This is how I HOPE the games go:

HOU over BAL

SF over GB

DET over TB

KC over BUF

21 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Chiefs fatigue is real. 

Countered by Billsfans insisting falling through tables is some kind of dedication.  Nah, man, it is just being blackout drunk and doing stupid shit in cold weather.

Fuck Buffalo and their "deserve."

9 minutes ago, slorch said:

Countered by Billsfans insisting falling through tables is some kind of dedication.  Nah, man, it is just being blackout drunk and doing stupid shit in cold weather.

Fuck Buffalo and their "deserve."

No doubt that has run its course as well, still not at the level of Chiefs fatigue. 

1 minute ago, Underdog said:

No doubt that has run its course as well, still not at the level of Chiefs fatigue. 

I acknowledged as much in my initial response.  Just pointing out that lotsa shit gets annoying through the years.

I root for the Chiefs, and I don't have a problem at all with Taylor Swift; but OMG it has been a completely unnecessary distraction this season.  WGAF what she thought about the catch for 8 yards?  It's ALMOST as bad as when they had to show this shit all of the time:

kurt-brenda-warner-2-319465577b8440c985b

Funniest thing to me about the playoffs is that there are people who think Taylor Swift and whoever that fucker with the Chiefs is are really dating, and money hasn't changed hands to get Swift to show up at the games. 
I thought the same thing. Kelce all of a sudden goes from dating curvy black women to that cardboard toothpick in Swift? Not buying it. Absolutely a PR stunt. Swifty cult is a real thing and they have flocked to these games in droves. They both benefit here and it goes beyond just the money aspect. Kelce brothers are building a brand here. Their podcast was already #1 and their ratings went up even more. Their mom is now even more popular. Travis Kelce has an expanded audience, as does Taylor Swift. Sure, she doesn't need the money but wealthy and rich are always greedy for more.
  • Hook 'Em 1