2024 Presidential Election Thread

bolverk

3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Now look, we've all called for meteor attacks before, but I don't think it's ever been as important as Thursday in Eagle Pass.

Meteor, earthquake, tornado, crazy cartel member with a rifle across the border, freak razor wire spool accident - I mean, I'm not picky ... 

Sunshine post with actual numbers

Georgia from ‘16 to ‘20 moved 5.32 points, all from one metro area.

Texas is currently 5.58 points away. With 4-5 more metro areas.

In Trump’s first election in 2016, he outperformed Romney in 2012 by 2.5 percent. Hillary Clinton outperformed Obama by 17.2 percent. Hillary Clinton had a much better performance and improvement than Trump.

in the COVID election, Trump improved on his 2020 numbers by 25.7%, that is big. However, Biden improved on Hillary’s numbers by 35.6%. That is more than big.

Trump pumps the numbers up in Texas, but for his opponent. And due to his continued involvement, he is helping those become permanent voters in the future

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Hook 'Em 5

12 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

In Trump’s first election in 2016, he outperformed Romney in 2012 by 2.5 percent. Hillary Clinton outperformed Obama by 17.2 percent. Hillary Clinton had a much better performance and improvement than Trump.

in the COVID election, Trump improved on his 2020 numbers by 25.7%, that is big. However, Biden improved on Hillary’s numbers by 35.6%. That is more than big.

Trump pumps the numbers up in Texas, but for his opponent. And due to his continued involvement, he is helping those become permanent voters in the future

Don’t do this to yourself.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Don’t do this to yourself.

election season is long.  it could happen

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

No a good portion of the Droopy Dog posters on here need an ass kicking for thinking this is some Harlem Globetrotters vs Washington Generals conclusion in perpetuity

In Texas? Yeah, it's worse than that, it's the Yankees vs. a rec league softball squad. Less than zero chance. 

3 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

All his incentives are to keep the war goi g on.

His government will collapse when the war time coalition disbands.

he’ll likely lose the resulting election 

if he’s not prime minister he must stand trial and it’s likely he’ll be convicted 

Trump is the most pliable American leader and will let him do whatever he wants

And in the event of him being convicted, Trump is likelier to grant him asylum if that ever takes place 

So if he can hang on long enough, maybe he weathers the storm. Maybe he hangs on long enough for another admin that is friendlier to him politically and personally.

Theres really nothing short of the UN , which is toothless, that would incentivize Bibi to stop his current tract 

Add to this he fucking hates Biden. 

5 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

i still don't get how the Right loves Russia when that was somewhat satanic not too long ago. 

Bunch of Republican politicians went over to Russia one fine July 4th and Putin told or showed them stuff.

The NRA was infiltrated with Russian money and Russian spies.

• Hook 'Em 4

12 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Bunch of Republican politicians went over to Russia one fine July 4th and Putin told or showed them stuff.

Russia also has the RNC emails. Only one party decided to do what Russia asked to protect them from going public. The other did not and they got leaked. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 2

11 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

there's no reason to have gay sex with a russian when you live in DC, it's one of the gayest cities in america.

5 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

i still don't get how the Right loves Russia when that was somewhat satanic not too long ago. 

Didn't Putin make fun of them (us) for allowing the gays to openly be gays?

That probably did it.

3 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

my-sweet-summer-child-sweet-summer-child

• Fuck You 1

Just for reference 2016 Michigan Republican Primary turnout = 1.325 Million

2020 Michigan Republican Primary turnout = 675k

Going to be hard to discern much from this, beyond if he is getting incumbent level support or not.  

6 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Jon Stewart made a great observation on this topic.

The "great battle" used to be Communism vs Capitalism.  Obviously Russia and the US are on opposite sides, here.

Now, the "great battle" is woke vs. unwoke.  For Republicans, Russia is now an ally in this war.

I wonder how the battle changed 

It’s almost like Russian spent years funding NRA right right wackos, inviting senators and congressmen on trips to Russia, investing money in their districts. 

Nah, probably just the woke stuff 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

4 hours ago, Gap03 said:

crazy cartel member with a rifle across the border,

This actually brings up a real question for me.  How does secret service secure something like this?  Do we have a deal with Mexico or something to let us in on their side?  Or do they provide surveillance and security on their side?

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I don't know the methodology they are using for percentages, if it's percentage of precincts reporting or estimated voters in Michigan.  I have to think the former because if it's the latter right now there would be a projected Republican turnout of about 1.5 million.  I don't think they will actually crack 1.1 million, but I could be wrong.  

Lulz. Harvard CAPS/Harris poll. Gen Z prefers Trump. Over 65 only group that thinks he will be bad for country. Student loan relief is not popular with the youngs. Trump's stance on student loans, Isreal, and climate change unlikely to alienate youngs.  Nice trolling Gen Z. Polling is worthless now.

A new Harvard CAPS/Harris poll released this week found that Gen Z voters believe Trump will have a positive impact by shaking up politics if he is victorious over Biden.

The survey posed the question: "Do you think Donald Trump is someone who will shake up the country for the better or do you think he is a danger to democracy and will hopelessly divide the country if elected?"

Among respondents between the ages of 18 and 24, 65 percent said they believe he would "shake up the country for the better," while only 35 percent view him as a "danger to democracy," according to the poll, which surveyed 2,022 registered voters from February 21 to 22.

Every age group except for 65 or older agreed that Trump would shake up the country for good, but Gen Z had the largest majority of voters who said so, the survey found. Across all age groups, 56 percent of respondents said he would positively shake up the country, while 44 percent said they believe he is dangerous.

The poll, which also found that some Democrats have warmed to Trump since 2020, comes as the latest warning sign for Biden's electoral chances among young voters.

The president has fielded questions about his age, as critics question whether it is time for a new generation of leadership to take over the Democratic Party. His stances on issues such as student loan relief and the war between Israel and Hamas have alienated young voters, many of whom have pressed him to support a ceasefire in the conflict and that he hasn't done enough with loan relief.

However, other polls have found Biden continuing to lead among young voters, and Trump's stance on issues such as Israel, student loans and climate change are also unlikely to alienate young voters who feel Biden has not lived up to their expectations on these policies.

The poll found Trump leading among voters between the ages of 18 and 24, with 51 percent of them saying they plan to vote for the former president in November. Only 42 percent said they are voting for Biden, while another 7 percent remain undecided.

Newsweek reached out to Trump's campaign for comment via email.

Edited by Jhawkmvp
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Jhawkmvp said:

Lulz. Harvard CAPS/Harris poll. Gen Z prefers Trump. Over 65 only group that thinks he will be bad for country. Student loan relief is not popular with the youngs. Trump's stance on student loans, Isreal, and climate change unlikely to alienate youngs.  Nice trolling Gen Z. Polling is worthless now.

Pure fucking ridiculous.  Harvard has to be just embarrassed to be associated with this.  

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Word?

Surprise Seinfeld GIF

Also, fuck this lady for getting to paint herself as "the moderate candidate" with her own shit belief system just because the alternative is a cartoon character.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Uncommitted got 20k in 2012. Which was uncontested. So they really set the bar as low as possible to make themselves seem more important 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

A lot of ink and oxygen getting wasted over a protest vote that will get like 10%

Primaries are for registering displeasure. Then we all come together in November.  

• Hook 'Em 7

3 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

A lot of ink and oxygen getting wasted over a protest vote that will get like 10%

I know this isn't the general, but I like the fact that Biden is more or less pacing with total Republican votes in Michigan with hardly anything being counted in Wayne County.  

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, Jhawkmvp said:

Someone explain this to me like I’m 5

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Someone explain this to me like I’m 5

Either Gen Z is trolling or polling is only picking up a specific conservative group bc none of that is going to happen 

• Hook 'Em 6

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Either Gen Z is trolling or polling is only picking up a specific conservative group bc none of that is going to happen 

Apparently young people, you know the ones that have the most school debt, want to suffer the full burden to help Trump get elected.  They just love him too much to be concerned with their own problems and bleak financial future.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

Just now, BamaATL said:

Apparently young people, you know the ones that have the most school debt, want to suffer the full burden to help Trump get elected.  They just love him too much to be concerned with their own problems and bleak financial future.  

They also hate abortion and gay marriage and are the most intolerant generation. That’s why they’ll vote for Trump 😂

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Jhawkmvp said:

Amazing. I like how the article takes that as a real thing and not an indication that the poll is fatally flawed. Polling just doesn't work if the population doesn't want it to work. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Dahobbs said:

Amazing. I like how the article takes that as a real thing and not an indication that the poll is fatally flawed. 

Work backwards from results to prove polling right and elections wrong 

• Hook 'Em 1

i mean sure, every genz person i know just loooves them some Trump, they can't wait to vote for him again, or for the first time. the girls are especially fond of him! they aren't hyper-tuned to misogyny or bigotry or social injustice at all, i mean it's not like genz is known for being particularly woke or anything...

6ee1e54a-f1f6-4c87-817c-727a2d713657_text.gif.fe53e5c727a24be28726e7e6c6fd1fc8.gif

soprano-get-the-fuck-outta-here.gif.85a3b3d492a7f4f416b129a924956fbc.gif

Edited by mchookem
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Amazing. I like how the article takes that as a real thing and not an indication that the poll is fatally flawed. Polling just doesn't work if the population doesn't want it to work. 

I want to know who is answering these polls. Who in this day and age is answering their phone from a strange number? Not only that, taking the time to answer polling questions? Who is taking the time to click a link and fill out an internet or text poll? 

This isn’t 1978 and you were excited someone called your land line. The Scroll Generation has the attention span of a coked up chihuahua. And most people aren’t that better these days

People get 30 spam emails a day asking for feedback or selling you shit. No one is filling out a poll unless it’s a bathing suit influencer asking Thor questions to the newest Swift song

• Hook 'Em 5

Back to Ackman, looks like Phillips won't just get crushed by Biden, he's going to be beaten heavily by uncommitted, and potentially edged out by Williamson.   This guy is about as correct as someone who tells you Vanderbilt is going to win the national championship next year.  

• Hook 'Em 2