2024 Presidential Election Thread

bolverk

27 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Hard to disinfect my butthole at night but whatever 

With just a bit of engineering know how you can fashion a garden hose into a crude bidet.  Nothing screams class like an outdoor bidet. 

37 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Clear and concise and obvious movement towards Biden big time in polling since the SOTU. Of course that’s why there’s been little to no polling news lately by the media 

The constant refrain about how unfair the media (and everyone applauding with rep) is the aggyiest thing this board does. 

Please find below direct links to the stories about polls from minor outlets WaPo, USA Today, NBC News and Reuters.

Biden’s polls improve as Kennedy and third-party factor shifts

Two new high-quality polls show Robert F. Kennedy Jr. taking more support from Donald Trump than President Biden

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/04/22/kennedy-biden-trump-polls/

Donald Trump leads new 2024 poll, but Joe Biden appears to be closing the gap

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2024/04/21/poll-trump-biden-elect

Biden closes in on gap with Trump in latest NBC News national poll

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/video/biden-closes-in-on-gap-with-trump-in-latest-nbc-news-national-poll-209415749558

What does the latest swing state polling show for the U.S. election?

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump-has-slight-edge-over-biden-us-swing-state-election-polls-2024-04-23/

NYT likes to report on their own poll.

Biden Shrinks Trump’s Edge in Latest Times/Siena Poll

The president’s popularity has ticked up slightly, though voters still view Donald J. Trump more favorably and have dour views of the economy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/13/us/politics/trump-biden-times-siena-poll.html

Of course, most media outlets simply maintain pages dedicated to polls that take 3-5 seconds to find.  ABC has 538.  NYT and WaPo have politics/polls pages. Anyway, carry on with persecution complex.

• Hook 'Em 1

Okay, let me know when the actual news that people watch on TV (not read) reports this.

Because this is 2024 America-  if it's not on TV, ain't nobody seeing it except for the very online people

MAGA is pissed at Trump allowing Mar-a-Lago to be used for Melania’s LBGTQ/Log Cabin Republican campaign event.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/melania-trump-hosts-caitlyn-jenner-001502169.html

A source told Page Six that the event was "raising funds to inform voters in crucial swing states about President Trump's LGBT record and his goals for his second term."

"Grenell unveiled [Melania's] leadership role in what will be an unprecedented outreach initiative to gay and lesbian voters… the most significant of any Republican presidential candidate in American history," an attendee shared.

But she looks so happy

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

12% reporting, Haley with 31%, it doesn't appear to be a localized fluke based on that.  

He’s barely getting over 50% in the suburban PA counties 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Js1 said:

He’s barely getting over 50% in the suburban PA counties 

Neither MSNBC, nor CNN is even reporting about this on their websites.  

Oh well, must just be run of the mill bad news for Biden.  

• Like 1

Just like the protest Muslim votes in the Michigan democratic primary, I assume all or most of these Haley primary voters will still be voting for Trump in the general after expressing their displeasure at the party direction. Because, still better than any D!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Ill play the NYT why this is bad news for Biden game, that's 20k more R votes in PA than D votes in PA. 

Uh… 988ish > 941ish

• Hook 'Em 1

Alabama - even we aren't as bad as Ohio!

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4617607-alabama-senate-passes-measure-ensuring-biden-can-be-on-ballot/

CAMPAIGN
Alabama Senate passes measure ensuring Biden can be on ballot
BY JARED GANS - 04/24/24 10:21 AM ET
President Joe Biden speaks on Tuesday, April 23, 2024, at Hillsborough Community College in Tampa, Fla. Biden is in Florida planning to assail the state’s upcoming six-week abortion ban and similar restrictions nationwide. (AP Photo/Manuel Balce Ceneta)
The Alabama State Senate unanimously approved a measure Tuesday that would ensure President Biden can be on the state’s ballot in November, after a state elections official warned that he may miss the deadline to qualify. 

Alabama Secretary of State Wes Allen (R) sent a letter to state Democratic Party Chair Randy Kelley earlier this month noting that the state’s deadline for certifying candidates to be on the general election ballot is Aug. 15, four days before the start of the Democratic National Convention where Biden will officially become the nominee. 

“If this Office has not received a valid certificate of nomination from the Democratic Party following its convention by the statutory deadline, I will be unable to certify the names of the Democratic Party’s candidates for President and Vice President for ballot preparation for the 2024 general election,” Allen said in the letter.

Kelley contacted the Democratic National Committee in response to try to figure out what to do.

The state Senate passed a bill in a 31-0 vote Tuesday to move the certification deadline back to 74 days before the election, instead of 82 days before, as state law currently requires.

ADVERTISING

The Alabama Legislature previously moved the deadline back in 2020 as a one-time fix to accommodate the date of both parties’ conventions that year.

The latest bill now heads to the state House for approval. The Alabama-based news outlet AL.com reported the legislation could receive final approval in the Legislature as soon as next week.

What a wild coincidence Abbott pulled what he pulled today.  Did not see that coming.  

Also, "terror-plagued countries and territories"?  It's a common turn of phrase by politicians I've heard/read for 25 years.  But "places"?  That's lazy, even for Trump.  "Terror-plagued Avenues and HOA's" is next.  

4 hours ago, Rimbo said:

https://www.threads.net/@politicususa/post/C6McocmOawu/?xmt=AQGzTc1wdbX-ka3v9eO552L0V6yfr7xd6WIiw8AeGLa6Zw

tldr: NYTimes journalist admitted that the Times is deliberately running negative stories about Biden... because Joe won't give them an exclusive interview.

This almost makes me want to quit the NYT. 

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

Stupid lib. Football only because boring once black guys starting kneeling for the national anthem that we all used to totally always watch beginning to end.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rimbo said:

https://www.threads.net/@politicususa/post/C6McocmOawu/?xmt=AQGzTc1wdbX-ka3v9eO552L0V6yfr7xd6WIiw8AeGLa6Zw

tldr: NYTimes journalist admitted that the Times is deliberately running negative stories about Biden... because Joe won't give them an exclusive interview.

Though the reporters are kept anonymous, I bet the story is true. Would. Not. Surprise. Me.

It always boggles my mind how the liberal intelligentsia worship the holy New York Times. When, in fact, its underlying ideology has long been to justify the US as the Judeo-Christian-Capitalist-Technology world empire builder and dominator. In the Cold War, in the Terror War, and in the emerging New Fascist Era. No doubt, it's cultural journalism is pretty much top shelf, but even that still bends the knee to the ideological narrative. The New York Times pretends to liberal and enlightened, but it is far from it.  

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BevoAbyss said:

Though the reporters are kept anonymous, I bet the story is true. Would. Not. Surprise. Me.

It always boggles my mind how the liberal intelligentsia worship the holy New York Times. When, in fact, its underlying ideology has long been to justify the US as the Judeo-Christian-Capitalist-Technology world empire builder and dominator. In the Cold War, in the Terror War, and in the emerging New Fascist Era. No doubt, it's cultural journalism is pretty much top shelf, but even that still bends the knee to the ideological narrative. The New York Times pretends to liberal and enlightened, but it is far from it.  

Oh, the NYTimes published a statement on this, and confirmed the whole thing.

https://www.nytco.com/press/a-statement-from-the-new-york-times-on-presidential-news-coverage/

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Almost?  I canceled several weeks ago and my favorite part was when they asked me why.

They are on thin ice with me. I'm probably right behind you.

• Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

The TimesMachine is one of America's best historical databases as a newspaper of record for over 150 years and is a valuable research tool (seriously follow James Garfield's story from being shot until his death sometime). Being a newspaper of record in the US means that it would absolutely show the commonly accepted exceptionalism that was prevalent in the country for most of that time. An endorsement of MAGA is about the the only thing that would make me cancel.

Plus Cooking and The Book Review are unmatched in our digital age.

Edited by SimonBolivar
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

I think it’s funny how Trump uses “Junior” as an insult, and he named his kid Junior.  

That's a good point, but I'm more focused on figuring out why he places an apostrophe behind the word each time he types it.

• Haha 1