2024 Presidential Election Thread

bolverk

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Law and order amirite. 

FYI, I checked with Greg Abbot and gives it the thumbs up.  That's how he rolls.

Edited by Bullneck
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

I’ve mixed feelings about the Libertarian response to Trump’s propaganda. Contrarian? Yes. Committed to Constitutional Rights? Meh.

Maybe if this thread were about the liberty of trans folk, @Anastasis would be  contributing his anti-libertarian thoughts. Dude might claim he is a libertarian, but the proof of a pudding is in its taste.

Yeah. I’m never going to feel bad about having a discussion on the topic that is grounded in the concepts of evidence based medicine. Whether it is HCQ or hormone treatment in children with gender dysphoria, same principles apply. I am sorry if you are poorly  equipped for that discussion and prefer to mischaracterize instead of directly quote/engage me. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Yeah. I’m never going to feel bad about having a discussion on the topic that is grounded in the concepts of evidence based medicine. Whether it is HCQ or hormone treatment in children with gender dysphoria, same principles apply. I am sorry if you are poorly  equipped for that discussion and prefer to mischaracterize instead of directly quote/engage me. 

Woww!!!! Sick burn!!!

18 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Dude, you have always had the choice to explain why you reach your conclusions, which contradict those of established medicinal structures and the peer reviewed studies, but you prefer to speak down to people. I’ve made it clear I don’t understand why you make your claims. Luckily for you, you get to call me dumb.

But, the concept of a libertarian is something I understand, and you ain’t committed to the cause. Denying medical coverage by muddying waters isn’t liberty, nor is passively accepting the loss of an established right by judicial fiat, and not by an amendment, libertarian. 

Don’t claim to be a libertarian, then I will stick to thinking you’re a narcissist arrogant ass, and not also a hypocrite.

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

You’re in the CR. It’s basically already a lunatic asylum. 

Wrong.  You should be smart enough to know that glib and superficial comments like that only score points dumbasses like you.

7 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Dude, you have always had the choice to explain why you reach your conclusions, which contradict those of established medicinal structures and the peer reviewed studies, but you prefer to speak down to people. I’ve made it clear I don’t understand why you make your claims. Luckily for you, you get to call me dumb.

They have been explained numerous times to you.
 I used graphs and pictures as well as words. None of it seems to take with you. If you want to take it up again, go back to that thread and search for one of the posts that you disagree with or think is unclear. Quote it and tell me what you don’t understand, and I will elaborate and try to explain it again. Stop being such a passive aggressive dolt. If you need help understanding I will try to explain these things to you again.

6 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

They have been explained numerous times to you.
 I used graphs and pictures as well as words. None of it seems to take with you. If you want to take it up again, go back to that thread and search for one of the posts that you disagree with or think is unclear. Quote it and tell me what you don’t understand, and I will elaborate and try to explain it again. Stop being such a passive aggressive dolt. If you need help understanding I will try to explain these things to you again.

When that thread next brings up my questions, I will now expect to be informed, as you will be held to the standard of explaining things to a dolt.

I guess we can trash the claims of libertarianism.

Who in God's name thought sending him to the Libertarian Convention was a good idea? That person is obviously getting fired but they should be getting a medal for making that pussy finally get a taste of how some people feel about him. But the line about them only getting 3% was pretty great. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Why waste time and money campaigning if you plan to steal the election and have the Supreme Court in your back pocket to make it all totally legal, totally cool?

as long as the money keeps flowing in, zero reason to give a fuck about the campaign trail

their plan is in place and ready to go

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Willfully Horn said:

When that thread next brings up my questions, I will now expect to be informed, as you will be held to the standard of explaining things to a dolt.

I guess we can trash the claims of libertarianism.

What a clown. 

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

Has anyone explained why Trump and, apparently, Mike Lee were invited to speak at the Libertarian convention?

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Who in God's name thought sending him to the Libertarian Convention was a good idea? That person is obviously getting fired but they should be getting a medal for making that pussy finally get a taste of how some people feel about him. 

The libertarian candidate got 1.9 million votes in 2020. Trump needs every vote he can get and some libertarian thought to formally invite him after Trump’s people reached out to him (I bet Trump’s people initiated it).  

With that said, good move on the part of the libertarians - it’ll get them riled up and make them feel relevant and reaffirm their beliefs that both parties suck.  

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

But the line about them only getting 3% was pretty great. 

Great way to get them to vote for the libertarian candidate. He bruised their egos.  

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

Has anyone explained why Trump and, apparently, Mike Lee were invited to speak at the Libertarian convention?

I’m kinda wondering that myself.  I don’t remember Gary Johnson at either dem or pub conventions.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

Libertarians don’t want to win. They want to pat themselves on the back for being above it all. They want to say they aren’t a part of the problem. Actually winning an election would be bad for them. That’s what attracts everyone to that freak show and other 3rd parties. Both parties already have coalitions that include them, they just reliably refuse to join.

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

Libertarians don’t want to win. They want to pat themselves on the back for being above it all. They want to say they aren’t a part of the problem. Actually winning an election would be bad for them. That’s what attracts everyone to that freak show and other 3rd parties. Both parties already have coalitions that include them, they just reliably refuse to join.

45 minutes ago, Bojack said:

I don't know about y'all but every Libertarian I've ever known is an insecure, know it all, contrarian jackass that likes to scrutinize the political  views of others while never wanting to hear scrutiny of their own. The fact that they'll never win and hold any office makes it where they never have to admit that their ideas are childish and unworkable in the real world. 

This.  If you win you actually have to do something.  That's a bridge too far.

i’ve been feeling very negative about the election, but I did see how many get out the vote local election offices. Biden is opening, and my optimistic self has to think that Trump gutting the RNC and stealing all the money for his various grifts has to have at least some impact on GQP voter turnout at some point. 

I am hoping that as we near the election, the DNC and Biden will flood the airways with commercials showing Trump saying what he will do on his revenge tour - and then follow up each clip with a reminder that for four years, he promised in two weeks to solve the infrastructure…to come up with a better and cheaper healthcare system…to build a wall at Mexico’s expense - and never did.     

Then say “if you want four years of nothing done except lawsuits and fighting, vote for Trump and a Maga. if you want to help tackle some of the serious problems in America, vote for me and anyone who is willing to work with the other side.”

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

commercials showing Trump saying what he will do on his revenge tour

The problem with this is that people are numb to all of that, and his base loves it. I'm not sure this will help much.

There's no substitute for bold action. Make prices low, stand up to Netanyahu, forgive student debt, pardon more nonviolent people, help the Dreamers, and bully the shit out of Alito every chance you have.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bojack said:

I don't know about y'all but every Libertarian I've ever known is an insecure, know it all, contrarian jackass that likes to scrutinize the political  views of others while never wanting to hear scrutiny of their own. The fact that they'll never win and hold any office makes it where they never have to admit that their ideas are childish and unworkable in the real world. 

Watched quite a bit of their convention on C-SPAN. What you say, checks out.

• Haha 1

For everyone thinking Trump is a strong favorite, which states is he flipping? Theoretically I can see him making it closer (personally I don’t think he will), but I just don’t see enough electoral votes within his reach for a win

• Hook 'Em 1

Picking up on how the perception of the economy might affect the election:

Just tuned in to what has been called the retail apocalypse, and it is easy to see how people could view the ongoing raiding by private equity groups as a bad economy. Folks see their Red Lobster going bankrupt and think, the economy must be bad, not, some folks bought Red Lobster and sold the real estate, and now the franchise can’t make rent.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/private-equity-rolled-red-lobster-rcna153397

Yeah, I think this is part of the plan to burn down our government. 

• Rage+1 1

50 minutes ago, speed817 said:

1.  Believes poor preformances are enthusiastically good.

2.  Believes average shrinking things are “expanding in unbelievable ways”

Would.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Understanding the corrosive effects of private equity and vampire capitalism is a little too much to ask of a citizenry raised on the myth of the American Dream.

Sure. But when Red Lobster and Cracker Barrel both close, many think it is due to a bad economy.

Reminds me of my dad when he had Alzheimer’s. Of course he served so he was just reliving his past. Trump is just a piece of shit losing his grip on reality.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

For everyone thinking Trump is a strong favorite, which states is he flipping? Theoretically I can see him making it closer (personally I don’t think he will), but I just don’t see enough electoral votes within his reach for a win

it could be many, but to be fair, this is more a case of Biden's base losing enthusiasm

Dotard got 6 sovereign citizens or Libertarian delegates to vote for him, out of 800.  

Also receiving votes: Stormy Daniels, Ben Dover, Denali the Cat, and Afroman.  The chef's kiss is a guy who goes by Toad received 16 votes.  

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Dotard got 6 sovereign citizens or Libertarian delegates to vote for him, out of 800.  

Also receiving votes: Stormy Daniels, Ben Dover, Denali the Cat, and Afroman.  The chef's kiss is a guy who goes by Toad received 16 votes.  

Super Mario Wow GIF by Mashed

• Haha 2