Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

You know, I've got the Space X launch playing in another tab, and they ran an infomercial for their complex down south.  It looked like a giant sales pitch to come work for Space X (daycare footage, housing, work/play stuff, etc).

What stood out to me is the entire emphasis of this video was in direct contrast to what Twitter has become.  In other words, who the hell flocking to Twitter in the wake of Musk taking over gives a shit about saving sea turtles?

12 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

You know, I've got the Space X launch playing in another tab, and they ran an infomercial for their complex down south.  It looked like a giant sales pitch to come work for Space X (daycare footage, housing, work/play stuff, etc).

What stood out to me is the entire emphasis of this video was in direct contrast to what Twitter has become.  In other words, who the hell flocking to Twitter in the wake of Musk taking over gives a shit about saving sea turtles?

Ehh...friend who worked at SpaceX put in some hellacious long hours, like video game industry crunch hours.

36 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Flight Director scrubbed it, so they are going to do a rehearsal, but no lift off.  It's now a wet-dress rehearsal.

Some kind of problem with a pressure system on the first stage, theyre going to move it to a WDR (fully loading propellant) and then call it. I'd say it'll be a few more days before they go again.

22 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Ehh...friend who worked at SpaceX put in some hellacious long hours, like video game industry crunch hours.

yeah my understanding is that both TSLA and SpaceX have benefited from being able to recruit "true believers" who want to make a difference and believe in what they are doing vs getting paid at an astronomical level to come in or benefits pushing them over the edge.

Well this sucks...I had no idea Volvo is owned by the fucking Chinese. Jesus.

April 17 (Reuters) - The U.S. Treasury said Monday that Volkswagen, BMW, Nissan, Rivian, Hyundai and Volvo electric vehicles will lose access to a $7,500 tax credit under new battery sourcing rules.

The Treasury said the new requirements effective Tuesday will also cut by half credits for the Tesla (TSLA.O) Model 3 Standard Range Rear Wheel Drive to $3,750 but other Tesla models will retain the full $7,500 credit.

Vehicles losing credits Tuesday are the BMW (BMWG.DE) 330e, BMW X5 xDrive45e, Genesis Electrified GV70, Nissan Leaf (7201.T), Rivian (RIVN.O) R1S and R1T, Volkswagen (VOWG_p.DE) ID.4 as well as the plug-in hybrid electric Audi Q5 TFSI e Quattro and plug-in hybrid (PHEV) electric Volvo S60. The Swedish carmaker is 82%-owned by China’s Zhejiang Geely Holding Group.

The rules are aimed at weaning the United States off dependence on China for EV battery supply chains and are part of President Joe Biden's effort to make 50% of U.S. new vehicle sales by 2030 EVs or PHEVs.

Hyundai said in a statement it was committed to its long-range EV plans and that it "will utilize key provisions in the Inflation Reduction Act to accelerate the transition to electrification."

Rivian declined to comment and the other automakers could not immediately be reached for comment.

Treasury also disclosed General Motors (GM.N) electric Chevrolet Bolt and Bolt EUV will qualify for the full $7,500 tax credit.

GM said earlier it expected at least some of its EVS would qualify for the $7,500 tax credit under the new rules, including the 2023 Cadillac Lyriq and forthcoming Chevrolet Equinox EV SUV and Blazer EV SUV. Treasury said all GM EVs will qualify.

Earlier, Ford Motor (F.N) and Chrysler-parent Stellantis (STLAM.MI) said most of their electric and PHEV models would see tax credits halved to $3,750 on April 18. Treasury confirmed the automakers' calculations.

The rules were announced last month and mandated by Congress in August as part of the $430 billion Inflation Reduction Act (IRA).

The IRA requires 50% of the value of battery components be produced or assembled in North America to qualify for $3,750, and 40% of the value of critical minerals sourced from the United States or a free trade partner for a $3,750 credit.

The law required vehicles to be assembled in North America to qualify for any tax credits, which in August eliminated nearly 70% of eligible models and on Jan. 1 new price caps and limits on buyers income took effect.

Last week, the Environmental Protection Agency proposed new emissions rules that forecast 60% of new vehicle sales in 2030 would be EVs.

A preliminary administration analysis found nearly 65% of first quarter EV sales qualified under North American final assembly and price cap requirements; more than 90% of those previously eligible first quarter sales remain eligible for at least a $3,750 credit.

Treasury in December said EVs ineligible for the $7,500 consumer tax credit could qualify for a commercial leasing $7,500 credit.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, tbone_ said:

Looked at that tax credit for 30 seconds this weekend until I saw that max income limit. Fuckers. Once again, punished for paying attention in school and working hard. Such is life.

/no cr

In reading about this, in many instances, the play seems to be to lease (to get the full $7500) and then buyout the lease at the end of the deal is favorable under the market conditions at the time.

Is Elon a libertarian? He exhibits the same kind of binary stupidity. 

Example: RT is funded by a Russia so it’s labeled state media. CBC is funded by Canada so it should be labeled state media. 

Um it’s a little bit more complicated than that you dip shit.

Does CBC have a history of promoting government talking points or dismissing citizen concerns? Does Canada have a history of incarcerating and killing journalists that speak out of line? 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, tbone_ said:

Looked at that tax credit for 30 seconds this weekend until I saw that max income limit. Fuckers. Once again, punished for paying attention in school and working hard. Such is life.

/no cr

Ehh two of the smartest people I know, who ‘paid attention in school and worked hard’ with graduate degrees…are in education, which we all know pays handsomely.  I chose to go the professional route, probably average 25-30 hours/week of real work and make 2-3x their salaries.  

Besides, EVs in my personal experience, are predominately owned by people in the private sector…or the Indian families in my ‘hood.  Dad drives a mode X/3/Y and mom drives a slate-gray Odyssey, almost without fail.   

of course this is the best he can come up with on the spot for the name

nm0smmlpkkua1.png

someone on reddit said

Just like TruthSocial is the one that has the most truth on it, right?

the full quote about it somehow makes it sound even more insane.

"I'm going to start something which I call 'TruthGPT,' or a maximum truth-seeking AI that tries to understand the nature of the universe," Musk said. "And I think this might be the best path to safety, in the sense that an AI that cares about understanding the universe, it is unlikely to annihilate humans because we are an interesting part of the universe."

• Rage+1 1

25 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Ehh two of the smartest people I know, who ‘paid attention in school and worked hard’ with graduate degrees…are in education, which we all know pays handsomely.  I chose to go the professional route, probably average 25-30 hours/week of real work and make 2-3x their salaries.  

Besides, EVs in my personal experience, are predominately owned by people in the private sector…or the Indian families in my ‘hood.  Dad drives a mode X/3/Y and mom drives a slate-gray Odyssey, almost without fail.   

Do we live in the same neighborhood? 

On 4/16/2023 at 7:50 PM, Lurch said:

If you haven’t bailed on his site yet, what the fuck are you waiting for? You’re just on Truth Social-lite at this point.

Yep, there is an irony in this thread.  There are all of these bits of information scattered across it that demonstrate Elon is a retarded jackass who is running Twitter into the ground.  It has us all atwitter, which is apropos, because we are receiving those bits of information primarily through... Twitter.  It is the main source of information in this thread.

As long as we keep volunteering to be the product for his social media company, we are the retarded jackasses.

Honestly we as a species should probably do something about Elon before he creates skynet.

Too late

https://www.cnet.com/tech/elon-musk-says-truthgpt-will-be-a-maximum-truth-seeking-ai/

He said TruthGPT, "might be the best path to safety, in the sense that an AI that cares about understanding the universe, it is unlikely to annihilate humans because we are an interesting part of the universe."

12 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Yep, there is an irony in this thread.  There are all of these bits of information scattered across it that demonstrate Elon is a retarded jackass who is running Twitter into the ground.  It has us all atwitter, which is apropos, because we are receiving those bits of information primarily through... Twitter.  It is the main source of information in this thread.

As long as we keep volunteering to be the product for his social media company, we are the retarded jackasses.

That's just a remnant of what was built before space karen came along. It's not like people are flocking to sign up to twitter. We'll see how long it lasts post-Operation blue check removal from journalists, and as the site gets buggier. I don't have a twitter account yet I check 3 twitter feeds on the reg because for now it's the only place to find them. I'm basically oblivious to any advertising that's on the site because apparently you don't get fed ads if you don't log in. Just scrolling someone's feed also leaves me impervious to twitter's new formula of feeding nazis and incels into signed-in users feeds. The 3 feeds I follow seem to be slowing down however although they haven't found a new home. Part of the challenge is the huge existing active user base, which has dwindled under space karen, and the lack of an international user base on any of twitter's competitors.

Edited by Chopper

2 minutes ago, pantone159 said:

I no longer have any worries that Elon is capable of getting something like that done. So there is that.

Oh no, it'd be a complete accident. He'd be trying to make it stalk Grimes or something and it would decide it would rather annihilate humanity and itself than spend another second dealing with Elon's shit.

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Too late

https://www.cnet.com/tech/elon-musk-says-truthgpt-will-be-a-maximum-truth-seeking-ai/

He said TruthGPT, "might be the best path to safety, in the sense that an AI that cares about understanding the universe, it is unlikely to annihilate humans because we are an interesting part of the universe."

I'll actually take this seriously. It won't destroy us because we're an interesting part of the universe...unless it decides we're a threat to something else interesting to the universe, a goldilocks zone planet that supports millions of different life forms, and is a threat to those life forms. Or perhaps a long term threat to the universe who knows?

What I do know, of course that dipshit would simplistically just assume his artificial intelligence would think just like him. It's not as simple as forcing it to read your tweets, knob. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I'll actually take this seriously. It won't destroy us because we're an interesting part of the universe...unless it decides we're a threat to something else interesting to the universe, a goldilocks zone planet that supports millions of different life forms, and is a threat to those life forms. Or perhaps a long term threat to the universe who knows?

What I do know, of course that dipshit would simplistically just assume his artificial intelligence would think just like him. It's not as simple as forcing it to read your tweets, knob. 
I mean we are actively destroying every aspect of the planet and ending species at an alarming clip. We can also fire off some nukes and wipe out most life on the planet. Shouldn't take AI very long to figure out we are pretty big threats....

26 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

i want someone to train one on his chats, comments, etc over the last 20 years. then again that would probably murder everyone in like 3 seconds.

robot destroy GIF by VICE En Español

• Haha 1

If he's going to go full "enemy of the people" with public media, and non Fox news sources in general, I think it's officially time for companies and celebrities to abandon ship. The fear as I've understood it is companies and celebrities being spoofed if they don't have their own accounts, but if everyone abandons it knowing what Elon has done to the platform, everyone will just start to assume that company and celebrity accounts are probably spoofs, and they'll be about as credible as Nigerian prince emails.

• Like 1

https://www.businessinsider.com/twitter-sign-up-searches-plunged-81-since-elon-musk-takeover-2023-4

Google Trends' index for searches of "Twitter sign up" has plummeted 81% from a November peak, just weeks after the world's second-richest person took control of the social-media company. 

Fasthosts' report adds that searches for how to delete accounts have now returned to pre-Musk levels, but those relating to joining Twitter appear to be less common than before the acquisition.

+

The search index for "Twitter verification" has also fallen a drastic 96% in the same period, as Musk introduced the controversial Twitter Blue subscription. It allows anybody to get the blue checkmark for $8 a month, while businesses are being asked to hand over $1,000 a month for a gold checkmark

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

What I do know, of course that dipshit would simplistically just assume his artificial intelligence would think just like him. 

So it'll be obsessed with Grimes.  That's both good and bad, but most people will be okay as long as it doesn't think they are a threat to her.

When is this going to happen.

c6ayprljrvw01.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, tbone_ said:

Too late

I’m following what we kind of already know - if musk is saying do something - do the opposite.

So “best path to safety?” NOT THIS

12 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

So it'll be obsessed with Grimes.  That's both good and bad, but most people will be okay as long as it doesn't think they are a threat to her.

When is this going to happen.

c6ayprljrvw01.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

I gotta tell you mean, you try to make some version of this joke 2-3 times a day on this thread, it feels like. We got it the first 4,987 times. 

Stop-trying-to-make-fetch-happen GIFs - Get the best GIF on ...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mullet Free said:

You must miss the other 2-3 times a day. 

I initially typed out 5, but I thought "You know, no one can be that enamored with their own shitty joke to crack it 5 times a day. That would be pathetic." So I moved it down to 2-3.

The moral of the story here is to go with your gut. 

58 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

All the Grimes mentions makes you wonder who’s really obsessed with her?

It's amusing to me because he's in his 50s and the world's richest, second richest, third richest man and the woman he is obsessed with is Grimes and he now hates trans people because she left him for one and crushed his ego, and he spent $44 billion to basically seek validation from incels, bots, and Qanon types.

It's amusing/confusing to me, because with that kind of money, I'd be on a private island with an interesting variety of people and not give a fuck what people are saying on the internet.  Or I'd be touring the world's resorts.  I wouldn't be sleeping on a couch in a shitty office obsessing over how to label the CBC or NPR on social media.  I wouldn't have needed to reach that level of money either - after the first hundred million, I'm fucking out of sight to the rest of the world.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 3

52 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

Twitter Inc is changing it's name to X Corp? What the fuck?

He's been planning this year for years/decades, since his original run at making X.com work (as a financial services).

He wants it to be the "everything app" that people use for banking, social media, direct contact with other people/companies, shopping, etc. because that's exactly what we all want - Elon being in charge of our DMs, email, banking, shopping, etc.

He's mentioned taking twitter in that direction

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

He's been planning this year for years/decades, since his original run at making X.com work (as a financial services).

He wants it to be the "everything app" that people use for banking, social media, direct contact with other people/companies, shopping, etc. because that's exactly what we all want - Elon being in charge of our DMs, email, banking, shopping, etc.

He's mentioned taking twitter in that direction

Elon has definitely demonstrated to me that I want him to have access to my banking information.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

It's amusing to me because he's in his 50s and the world's richest, second richest, third richest man and the woman he is obsessed with is Grimes and he now hates trans people because she left him for one and crushed his ego, and he spent $44 billion to basically seek validation from incels, bots, and Qanon types.

It's amusing/confusing to me, because with that kind of money, I'd be on a private island with an interesting variety of people and not give a fuck what people are saying on the internet.  Or I'd be touring the world's resorts.  I wouldn't be sleeping on a couch in a shitty office obsessing over how to label the CBC or NPR on social media.  I wouldn't have needed to reach that level of money either - after the first hundred million, I'm fucking out of sight to the rest of the world.

We know. You’ve explained that too. Can we move on? Or are you my 76 year old mother who is just going to tell my wife and I the exact same stories every time we visit? You know what, tell the one about when our cairn terrier ate a whole bag of Hershey’s kisses including the foil. That one slays. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

We know. You’ve explained that too. Can we move on? Or are you my 76 year old mother who is just going to tell my wife and I the exact same stories every time we visit? You know what, tell the one about when our cairn terrier ate a whole bag of Hershey’s kisses including the foil. That one slays. 

Maybe Grimes broke him too?

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?