Texas (+4.5) @TCU- 1pm on ESPN2

shadow_operative

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

3-2 the last 5 games but just 1 or 2 plays away from being 4-1 against all ranked teams. 

This is a Sweet 16 caliber team the last couple of weeks. Just needed to be playing like this earlier in the year and we wouldn't be sweating the bubble. 

Need to hold serve at home

• Hook 'Em 1

The key moving forward is trying to figure out how to limit minutes for Shedrick. That TCU run in the 2nd half was in big part because of him. 

I still think I prefer trying Cunningham at the 5 in minutes where Disu needs a breather/in foul trouble. Shedrick is just a team killer at times. 

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Need to go 5-0 at home to finish conference. All 4 road games will be against ranked teams.

Not sure this means much really. We've been playing better on the road for whatever reason. 

Still, it would be nice to hold home court. 

6 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The key moving forward is trying to figure out how to limit minutes for Shedrick. That TCU run in the 2nd half was in big part because of him. 

I still think I prefer trying Cunningham at the 5 in minutes where Disu needs a breather/in foul trouble. Shedrick is just a team killer at times. 

Not sure this means much really. We've been playing better on the road for whatever reason. 

Still, it would be nice to hold home court. 

while Shedrick wasn't good, IMO he is the  least of our problems.  our problems are guards and Mitchell thinking he is Curly Neal...

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Disagree.  It was mainly idiotic plays by Hunter.

They both struggled but Shedrick was awful in the 2nd half. 

Didn't box out a couple times, late on rotations defensively, and offensively they keep putting him in these high ball actions where he's infuriating to watch because of how soft he is. Both guards (Hunter and Abmas) have a difficult time feeding him in those high screen actions because he's so soft and his defensive player just completely disrupts the play. Somebody needs to tell Shedrick when he flashes high to use his body and size. 

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

they should just have Max hang in the locker room all game and at the under 4 timeout have him come out to Enter Sandman 

The other thing is I think ISO ball with Max is good offense with that Cunningham and Weaver lineup. 

Both those guys are really good on the offensive glass.  Max can hit a few of those shots and on shots he bricks those 2 can grab offense rebounds at a good rate. 

10 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

We are a Tyrese Hunter pulling his head out of his rear end away from being a team who could make the second weekend.

Today was the best Brock has played in over a month. 

It would also help if he would continue to play like this again. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Lol.  I just now saw the last 2 mins and assumed Abmas had 50 pts.  Well done Max.

with about 4 min left he was 2-10, 0-3 from 3, and had 3 FT's.  He finished 4 for 4 with 4FT's in the last 3 minutes.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I still think it would be great if our players were walking around the court doing horns down to all the fans.  F it. Make all horn symbols our own.

That win was delicious. It felt like the refs were going to take it from us with the BS goaltending call.  Good heart to close it out.

If Abmas had been at UT all four years, he would go down as one of our favorite players ever.  I mean, he just passed Danny Manning in points scored.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

maybe this will end the Terry/horns down national media obsession....

The discourse gets so many clicks and is seemingly still gaining popularity with blatant lies like UT making the BYU students take their shirts off last week.

I will say that I find the Horns down stuff less annoying than the constant “Texas is back” remarks that Sark thankfully put away for the time being. Had a lot of fun laughing off the countless fans doing it to my brother and I in Tuscaloosa and Ames this fall.

19 minutes ago, HookEm said:

I still think it would be great if our players were walking around the court doing horns down to all the fans.  F it. Make all horn symbols our own.

5 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Been wanting to see this for years. 

Anthony Hill did it in Tuscaloosa and it was pretty awesome.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

21 minutes ago, CashMcCoy said:

The discourse gets so many clicks and is seemingly still gaining popularity with blatant lies like UT making the BYU students take their shirts off last week.

I will say that I find the Horns down stuff less annoying than the constant “Texas is back” remarks that Sark thankfully put away for the time being. Had a lot of fun laughing off the countless fans doing it to my brother and I in Tuscaloosa and Ames this fall.

I enjoy that Barstool TCU tried to make this some incredible viral moment and instead look like obsessive dorks who wasted a bunch of money on t-shirts. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

With a few minutes left, Max was 0-for-3 from deep and, safe to say, having a minimal impact on the game. I thought to myself, "If anybody can heat up, it's him."

Almost on cue, Max did mas. Dude is uncanny.

Frustrating and/or limited at times, but overall, he's been a great acquisition. Wish we could squeeze another year out of him.

17 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I enjoy that Barstool TCU tried to make this some incredible viral moment and instead look like obsessive dorks who wasted a bunch of money on t-shirts. 

This is from a Barstool blog earlier this week regarding the shirts. Love to see it.

IMG_3772.thumb.jpeg.ddd32cf5fb9e6f4418035f7d805b4ce4.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1