Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

Just saw this, The Last Kingdom season 3 will drop November 19th on Netflix...woohoo!

Also returning for the new episodes will be familiar faces Ian Hart (Father Beocca), David Dawson (King Alfred), Emily Cox (Brida) and, of course, Tobias Santelmann (Ragnar the Younger).

The third season will continue Uhtred's quest to recapture his ancestral homeland of Bebbanburg and drive out the Danish hordes once and for all. Stephen Butchard returns as leading screenwriter, after taking a break to adapt BBC One's The Child in Time with Benedict Cumberbatch last year.

Edited by Mileslong
  • Like 2

On 10/22/2018 at 8:16 PM, BurntEyes said:

I don't want to like Last Kingdom, but dammit I really do.

/sappy dweeb alert

I love Schitts Creek. I do. I feel old, and overly emotional about it. I am ashamed of how much I love it, but I keep wanting more.

Schitt's Creek is fucking great dude. I need to get caught up on season 3 (and then season 4). I don't binge many TV shows but I burned through the first 2 seasons of that one. 

Are you a fan of Best in Show?

Just now, BurntEyes said:

Yeah, I enjoy most everything that general crew does. It's ridiculous, not serious and avoids PC non-sense while not causing any "attention' around the issue.

It's just fun shit to watch on the general stupidity of humans. That shit resonates as stupid shit humans do both annoys and amuses the fuck out or me.

It's very relatable too. I've caught some feelings at times especially with the way they deal with romantic relationships.

Arrested Development is one of my favorite shows ever and I think SC is basically the Canadian equivalent (but a little less crass and a little more heartfelt).

Both the Levys and Cat O'Hara anchor the hell out of it acting wise.

20 hours ago, Post Oak said:

i want to like Schitts creek more than i do.  I'm a few eps in and will probably give it more but its missing something to me. 

It takes a little bit of time to start liking the characters. At first they truly are annoying, and they sorta stay that way, but over the course of the show, they become more humble and love able, especially Moira

It takes a little bit of time to start liking the characters. At first they truly are annoying, and they sorta stay that way, but over the course of the show, they become more humble and love able, especially Moira

I agree with this. I got in early not expecting anything and over the course of two seasons it grew on me to the point now it’s my family’s favorite show. The character development is as good as it gets imo. In my house we have the TV on in the background pretty much all the time - just comfort noise. Shows go back and forth between The Office, Bob’s Burgers, Schitt’s Creek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 10/22/2018 at 8:16 PM, BurntEyes said:

I don't want to like Last Kingdom, but dammit I really do.

/sappy dweeb alert

I love Schitts Creek. I do. I feel old, and overly emotional about it. I am ashamed of how much I love it, but I keep wanting more.

Schitts creek is the shit. That daughter has got both the up talk and vocal fry down. Byeeee!

5 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

i just assumed he called it 100% fresh to confuse people who rely on rotten tomatoes grades.

i would also assume that producing something of quality would violate the terms clearly laid out in his netflix deal.

Forget everything he has done for Netflix and watch this one.