Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

7 hours ago, Mileslong said:

That’s funny, I couldn’t stand the overdubs either so I quit watching. It’s like the people they got to do the voiceovers aren’t actors but simply translators. Their inflection is horrible and makes even the best dialogue comical

Yeah, it was bad, but it was much better after switching it to Polish. Finished the series last night, I would recommend giving it another shot. It reminded me a lot of Babylon Berlin.

On 12/19/2018 at 9:57 AM, MissingInAction said:

It can not be over stated how awful Bad Blood is. Easily the worst show on netflix or anything that exists right now. I'd rather watch This is Us.

I couldn't get through the first episode.

So poorly done, cliche, and predictable.

Nice to hear...thought about trying to find it.

I need to pick them back up again. Think I read the burning land back when it came out, but I'm not sure. Might as well just re-read them at this point since I've forgotten most of it. They were pretty quick and easy reads. And Cornwell is the anti-GRRM so you don't need to wait for the next one.
  • Like 1

I binged Sunderland 'Til I Die over the past two days and really liked it. Most sports documentary series are on championship caliber teams or at least teams that are good. I've never seen one featuring a team during its worst season ever and found it thoroughly and utterly fascinating. I came out of it hoping Sunderland makes it back to the EPL at some point. Really good watch.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2018 at 7:43 PM, Celery Man said:

Oh, does Bird Box fall apart if you think about any single element of its plot?

Basically this.  They make no attempt to explain the story.  If you want to watch something suspenseful mindlessly that makes zero attempt to explain what's happening or why it's happening, then I guess it's okay.   I'd give it a 4 out of 10.  Too many holes in the plot for my liking.

Also, watched Final Table again with the family.  The show is fantastic with the exception that they used ambassadors that had no business judging and critiquing michelin star chefs.  The elimination rounds were my favorite.  It's unbelievable what these guys can put together in 1 hour.  I hope they do a 2nd season and I hope they keep bringing high caliber chefs.  

Edited by victory88

On 12/19/2018 at 9:57 AM, MissingInAction said:

It can not be over stated how awful Bad Blood is. Easily the worst show on netflix or anything that exists right now. I'd rather watch This is Us.

Bad Blood is what it is, a very flawed show with an interesting subject matter. In the hands of HBO or perhaps Showtime, it'd be a really good show with the right casting, directing, writing. 

The actor that plays Nico Rizzuto is Gawd Awful. The guy looks and acts like every male lead in Hallmark Christmas movie. I know his character is supposed to be a little bitch, but they they over did it by casting that guy. 

The show lost me the portrayal of the 1981 Bonnano Capo Murders. My ass one guy did the shooting while the Montreal Crew just stood there and watched. Joe Pistone has a completely different story to tell and he was a freaking FBI agent. I need to go back read the chapter on the Capo Murders in the Donnie Brasco book.I remember Sonny Black was very involved. 

Oh well, I'll give Netflix some credit for trying to breath some life back into a dying genre. I do want to see how the show ends, I already invested 4 hours. Might as well give them another two. 

Brian Regan just released a sketch show called Stand Up and Away.  Four episodes.  If you like his comedy, you'll like the sketches.  Just quirky.  I watched all four, thought it was pretty funny.

Watched the first episode last night. It’s basically his version of the Chappelle Show. The stand up is a mix of new and old and I thought the sketches were pretty funny. I’m a big BR fan though.

I did not like the repartee with his producer. That seemed forced.

1 hour ago, scottsins said:

I liked it, Mez.

Same. Knocked out it in a day or so, pretty cool the host was a former special forces member. Read somewhere they took like 2-3 years to get all the footage to just make 3 episodes. Would watch if they did a season two