Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

Bird Box is awful. Way too long and dragged out. Every "twist" was predictable by anyone's standard, marginal acting, insulting and patronizing to the audience. A golden shower of unnecessary scenes and cliches.

It was a SyFy Channel B movie (ala Sharknado) wrapped up in a big budget and Sandra Bullock. Cinematography was great. Some beautiful shots. Otherwise long and shitty.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, BradInATX said:

Bird Box is awful. Way too long and dragged out. Every "twist" was predictable by anyone's standard, marginal acting, insulting and patronizing to the audience. A golden shower of unnecessary scenes and cliches.

It was a SyFy Channel B movie (ala Sharknado) wrapped up in a big budget and Sandra Bullock. Cinematography was great. Some beautiful shots. Otherwise long and shitty.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Way too fucking long 

Just finished Bad Blood. The series gets worse every episode. Pretty difficult to do in my opinion. 
Netflix needs to take a hard look at their quality control. "Non-original" Netflix material is far more popular than the crap they're putting out there. And they lose Disney content next week. 

Well, “Bad Blood” isn’t really a Netflix Original - it is a Canadian show that originally aired there last year.

Netflix has a lot of shows they market as “original programming” that is actually content from foreign sources. They do this with almost all those British shows that originally air on BBC or iTV.

Just now, Bama Chick said:

Well, “Bad Blood” isn’t really a Netflix Original - it is a Canadian show that originally aired there last year.

Netflix has a lot of shows they market as “original programming” that is actually content from foreign sources. They do this with almost all those British shows that originally air on BBC or iTV.

You are correct. 

Bad Blood still sucks. 

Stumbled upon Murder Mountain last night and binged watched three episodes. It’s a documentary about marijuana, murder, and mayhem in Humboldt County, California. Very entertaining. 
Watched the first episode, plan to watch more. Seems the illegal growers dont care much for legalization either. Guy with the hat on low and his place sacked and burned seems like an idiot.

On 12/18/2018 at 2:04 PM, elfenix said:

Is there a last kingdom bookfag thread?

On 12/18/2018 at 9:45 PM, BNB said:

I like Travelers.  The new season was slow at first, but got good.  I will miss it.

Miss it cause you heard it might not be renewed? Or cause you just finished the last ep in s3? Good show, loved the 9/11 tie in ...

On 12/18/2018 at 2:04 PM, elfenix said:

Is there a last kingdom bookfag thread?

On 12/18/2018 at 2:23 PM, kevwun said:

No I don't believe so.  The Last Kingdom is one of the few examples where the show version has done a really nice job of streamlining a story that got repetitive from time to time in the books.

On book 5 and true, it can get repetitive. The story is essentially the same but interesting to note some of the character differences in how the characters are supposed to “look” and how Netflix ultimately decided to cast them. Skade is brunette and tall, beocca half blind, limp, club hand...

53 minutes ago, achooloco said:

The story is essentially the same but interesting to note some of the character differences in how the characters are supposed to “look” and how Netflix ultimately decided to cast them. Skade is brunette and tall, beocca half blind, limp, club hand...

and uhtred wears a helmet into battle and doesn't look like this generation's david beckham.   he's supposed to be somewhat ugly.

On 12/29/2018 at 12:01 AM, BradInATX said:

Bird Box is awful. Way too long and dragged out. Every "twist" was predictable by anyone's standard, marginal acting, insulting and patronizing to the audience. 

At 2 hours 9 minutes it was about the right length for all it had. I understand some love the movie and some people will hate it.

I am one that loved the movie, we watched it Sunday night. But you need to understand what it is. Here is an article that describes just what the "monsters" are......Spoiler Alert for those who have not watched the movie.

Bird Box Is the First Great Monster Movie About This Poisonous Invention

Edited by TexasBuckeye

I binged Sunderland 'Til I Die over the past two days and really liked it. Most sports documentary series are on championship caliber teams or at least teams that are good. I've never seen one featuring a team during its worst season ever and found it thoroughly and utterly fascinating. I came out of it hoping Sunderland makes it back to the EPL at some point. Really good watch.

Through one episode and I’m intrigued by it. But as a Newcastle fan, let me just say fuck Sunderland.
  • Like 2

If I don’t give a rats about epl or soccer I’m general, would it still be s good thing to watch about fandom?  Don’t hate soccer, just probably wouldn’t understand much if they talk strategy or players or rivalries. 

I think you would still enjoy it. They don’t break out into the strategy, at least through one episode.

Binged on Narcos over the holiday break. I’ll be done by tomorrow.
Should I go Narcos Mexico next or Inside the real narcos?
Also, what Chapo flick is the one to watch?
Thanks!

I’m working on Narcos as well. Can’t believe it’s taken me this long to watch it.

Binged on Narcos over the holiday break. I’ll be done by tomorrow.
Should I go Narcos Mexico next or Inside the real narcos?
Also, what Chapo flick is the one to watch?
Thanks!

Watch El Chapo.
With English subtitles.
Really well done. Pretty great cinematography for a mexican made show.
The el chapo actor is really good, the whole cast is.

watched Hell or High Water last night.  Very much enjoyed it.  Nominated for four Academy awards including best picture.  Jeff Bridges was great as a crotchety Texas Ranger (basically recreated his Rooster Cogburn role in modern day).  Fun movie.