Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

My Grandmother has gone through 5 husbands, so there's a running family joke about her being a black widow. Sometimes I wonder though...... 5 times.....

my grandmother has outlived 3 (she's 102 currently, and on the prowl).  i always joke that she's "murdered three husbands...that i know about."

The most fucked up part, to me, other than the horrific crimes was the ending.  People tailgating his execution.  Celebrating like it was NYE or College Gameday with signs, beer, tents, etc.  Celebrating death.  Cheering it.  Slogans.  Shirts.  I still am wrapping my mind around it.  TV crews streaming the scene from hundreds of yards away, watching the light in a window of the "death chamber" as the guards prepped it for TB to be strapped to a chair and have his body surged with electricity till dead. 

I thought that at first, but then remembered that Ted Bundy was evil incarnate. He killed 30+ young women and destroyed countless other lives. Families and communities still live with the pain he inflicted.

A lot of people were happy to know he was gone and no longer a threat. People celebrated the death of UBL and Saddam Hussein for similar reasons.

22 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It doesn’t change. If you don’t like it, you won’t. 

It got a tad better towards the end.  I'm just not a big fan of horror movies in which things happen for no reason.

Spoiler

So the mysterious painter had a bad life, died, and his paintings weren't destroyed.  This led to them coming to life or something and killing people?  Whatevs.

1 minute ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

It got a tad better towards the end.  I'm just not a big fan of horror movies in which things happen for no reason.

Hide contents

So the mysterious painter had a bad life, died, and his paintings weren't destroyed.  This led to them coming to life or something and killing people?  Whatevs.

I think it had to do with using blood as paint

• Like 1

On 1/23/2019 at 1:45 PM, wutang75 said:

Watch it - it’s fantastic. It’s shocking how unbelievably naive people are, and how crazy this story is. Almost as infuriating to me as Dear Zachary (but not quite).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oof dear Zachary... thanks for reminding me how absolutely horrible people can be and why if there is another plague, I should probably just shrug and think we deserved it...great but absolutely tear jerking, aggravating, sad fucking flick. I should watch it tomorrow. Is it still on Netflix?

On 1/29/2019 at 10:43 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Ant-Man and Wasp.  Keep thinking no more Marvel/Disney is going up, but here we are.  Get your Evangeline Lilly fix. 

And Incredibles 2 is tomorrow.   

Hotel Transylvania 3 was last week.  

First two ok for popcorn flicks and incrdibles was actually better than that. Hotel was meh at best and I really liked the first two

11 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Watched the preview last night and was intrigued. Please report back. 

It’s Soderberg so very good. Not great. 90 minutes helps.  The lead is great. Zazie Beets is hot and great.  Basketball player is same dude from Americans Vandal season 2 so, yeah, he’s typecast. 

But I enjoyed it and it leans a little on what LeBron has been able to do with the league. 

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It’s the same intelligent sarcastic smartass jewess she always plays. 

It is, and I've never particularly cared for her as an actress, but her personality really fits in this role.

I had low expectations since it's about the sixth version of the Groundhog Day plot device in a movie (and like Happy Deathday, this even features a female who keeps dying and reliving her birthday).  I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it and really liked the way they wrapped the season up.

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

It is, and I've never particularly cared for her as an actress, but her personality really fits in this role.

I had low expectations since it's about the sixth version of the Groundhog Day plot device in a movie (and like Happy Deathday, this even features a female who keeps dying and reliving her birthday).  I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it and really liked the way they wrapped the season up.

Well she’s a co-creator. She and poehler and some other chick basically wrote it around her.