Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

14 hours ago, XYZ said:

What are y’alls top three episodes of Love, Death + Robots?

-The dump

-Zima blue

-Blindspot

of the first 12

tier 1:

-sonnies edge

-3 robots

-beyond aquila rift

tier 2:

-helping hand

-shape shifters

-witness

tier 3:

-fish night

-the dump

-good hunting

-yogurt

-sucker of souls

-suits (kinda lame)

9 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

This is kinda interesting, the order of the episodes isn’t the same for everyone:

https://techcrunch.com/2019/03/19/love-death-robots-experiment/

I got Stevie’s Edge, Three Robots, and Witness first.

mine is exactly or almost exactly as listed on wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love,_Death_%26_Robots

On 3/15/2019 at 9:07 AM, Disco Missile said:

Triple Frontier is pretty good. Nothing flashy. Seems like they left a lot out there because the cast has 4 heavy hitters and one journeyman actor.

I do get tired of movies painting veterans as victims. It seems like Hollywood is still stuck in the Vietnam era. Movies about warriors from other times and civilizations don't have this problem and can even portray a certain nobility. But modern warriors need to be damaged. It seems out of touch.

If you don't know the difference from Vietnam, forward in a contextual sense, I don't know what to tell you.  

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Season three of “Hap and Leonard” is available!

I forgot all about this show. I love the chemistry between Michael K. Williams and James Purefoy.

On episode four. Great and disturbing.

“Dreamer” is a deep cut but such a great musical ending for a show that is necessary right now. I understand why it caught the axe but it still sucks.

Regarding Love Death and Robots: I like the less realistic animation styles better. The super-realistic animation like Shape Shifters and Aquila Rift look too much like video games to me. But I liked the style of The Dump, The Witness, Good Hunting, etc.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Regarding Love Death and Robots: I like the less realistic animation styles better. The super-realistic animation like Shape Shifters and Aquila Rift look too much like video games to me. But I liked the style of The Dump, The Witness, Good Hunting, etc.

Not a big fan of the “just like real life” animation myself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buzzrock said:

Is everyone excited about the new Amy Schumer special?

It wasn’t as bad as you think. It had some laughs

The worst standup this year BY FAR was Ken Jeong. I wouldn’t even classify it as standup becsuse he didn’t say anything funny. He just name dropped movies he has been in. 

10 hours ago, PilotsError said:

I watched that flat Earth documentary Behind the Curve. Very good. I was hoping they would ask Sargent his thoughts about the gyroscope failure.

I think they were going for the whole flat earthers think they are right and this documentary is gonna prove it right as far as the people participating are concerned vibe, so they tried not to challenge them. Better that way to ensure they got honest opinions. But, yeah, I'd love to hear the twisted logic behind that failure.

One of the single moms in our pta group was all offended the other day because apparently she scrolled past some guy on tinder who just had his crank as his profile pic.

Seems like a pretty efficient way to go about it to me. No, it wasn’t me.

On 7/30/2018 at 5:34 PM, washparkhorn said:

Sorry if already recommended above -- "Tower" is an excellent and interesting documentary on the Texas Tower sniper. The filmmaker uses "rotoscoping" well to give us a view of the survivors and heroes as they were on August 1, 1966. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5116410/

Excellent recommendation 

On 3/23/2019 at 5:40 PM, tbone_ said:

One of the single moms in our pta group was all offended the other day because apparently she scrolled past some guy on tinder who just had his crank as his profile pic.

Seems like a pretty efficient way to go about it to me. No, it wasn’t me.

She was just pretending to be offended. She wanted the other ladies to give her the ok.

• Like 1