Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

On 5/8/2019 at 2:41 PM, Mez2 said:

watched the robert johnson doc earlier today, always fascinated by the deal with the devil that always surrounded him. good way to spend about 45 minutes, even if you're not a big blues musician fan. 

Put on my watch list.  Reminded me of the Danny Glover documentary called Can't You Hear the Wind Howl? from '97 that I think I saw on PBS back around that time.  Checked around, found on Amazon Prime and added to that watchlist to see again.

Edited by abuelo gringo
add title of documentary

On 5/8/2019 at 2:41 PM, Mez2 said:

watched the robert johnson doc earlier today, always fascinated by the deal with the devil that always surrounded him. good way to spend about 45 minutes, even if you're not a big blues musician fan. 

Watched it over the weekend. Pretty good 

On 5/5/2019 at 7:43 PM, BurntEyes said:

Uh. I just watched the first episode of Dead to Me.

First, Christina has aged amazingly well. Beyond that I love her character and she does it well. 

Linda Cardenelli is strong, maybe moreso that Christina. Also, after looking up some past works, she's a got dayum doppleganger that morphs in various work, physically. Still hot but had no idea what she had been in based on some simple changes like hair and clothes.

For plot.. it's a crazy one that left me with HOLY SHIT.

Worth watching imo 

(Edit - normally not a big fan a chick type shows or movies. This appears to be one but after the first episode, it does not appear to be one at all.)

This is a great show. These 2 are an awesome pair 

On 5/12/2019 at 10:20 AM, trza-hawk said:

Another thing about that movie where the annoying Ralph Macchio talks that one guy to travel to Mississippi, is when they are just wandering around and run into smokin' hot teen runaway Jamie Gertz.

And then they got framed for murdering a store clerk. Crazy movie. 

Ones that I have powered through recently and thoroughly enjoyed:

Big Mouth - If you like Nick Kroll and the outrageous things that Jason Mantzoukas says, then go for it.

Dark

American Vandal S2 - "Documentary" to find who made all the high school kids shit their pants one day.

Bonding - Pete, a gay waiter, takes a job working for a high school friend who is a dominatrix. 24 minute episodes, highly amusing.

Sex Education -

• Like 1

Just watched Mindhunter for the second time. This show is damn close to my favorite series Netflix has put out. The Kemper interviews are almost “True Detective level” badass for me. Hopefully Season 2 will push it over the line.

I love this shit. Why do we all love this shit? (True Crime)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Just wanted to stop back in and post that I blitzed through all of Kim's Convenience and enjoyed every damned second of it. What a great show. Thanks again, [mention=953]pyrohornIII[/mention].

Same.
Genuine laughs. And now I have a crush on Andrea Bang. She’s just so damn cute.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, wutang75 said:

Just watched Mindhunter for the second time. This show is damn close to my favorite series Netflix has put out. The Kemper interviews are almost “True Detective level” badass for me. Hopefully Season 2 will push it over the line.

Went to high school with Holt McCallany (Tench in the show). Made my history teacher cry in front of a full classroom, then when teach left he took over for the rest of the period. FDR was the subject of his "lecture" (complete with Thujone-esque chalkboard illustrations).

• Like 1

Watched dead to me, really enjoyed it. However, would have preferred they end the story instead of stop and set up a season 2. Not everything needs multiple seasons. Tell the whole story in the 10 episodes, or tell it in 12 or 15 or 20. But don’t drag it out and don’t tell some of it and then see if you want to tell some more later. 

This isn’t the 20th century, if you have a good idea then tell the story and move on to the next idea. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Watched dead to me, really enjoyed it. However, would have preferred they end the story instead of stop and set up a season 2. Not everything needs multiple seasons. Tell the whole story in the 10 episodes, or tell it in 12 or 15 or 20. But don’t drag it out and don’t tell some of it and then see if you want to tell some more later. 

This isn’t the 20th century, if you have a good idea then tell the story and move on to the next idea. 

Completely agree. Finished that last episode last night and kind of shook my head when there wasn't another episode. I mean what else is there left to reveal other than pre-accident stuff that we don't already know? I really have no interest in the mother-in-law's problems, or even the events before the accident.