Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

I have been watching some of the racing docs and docu-series and the way the racecast or radio narrator is recorded after the fact but presented like live commentary is getting kind of old. Its like whatever situation the subject driver or team is in the English voice comes in and summarises it in a way that doesn't quite work right.

3 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

I like Kim's Convenience. It reminds me a little of Bob's Burgers where the family doesn't have much but they are happy. I think the writing is good. Maybe you just weren't in the mood for it. 

This. It is a little BB esque 

46 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

When They See Us is really good

I’m struggling with Vera Farmiga trying to outperm Sarah Clarkson’s Marcia Clark, but it’s great (infuriating) otherwise. Chris Jackson is awesome and the soundtrack is on point.

Plus, Omar Little with a high top fade.

Edited by TheStoicPaisano

also, on Jailbirds - the young white girl who the judge ripped into for going down to eat breakfast after her friends murdered some people.  whoever her counsel was, or whoever either did or did not advise her on how to look for sentencing didn't do her any favors

Screen-Shot-2019-06-02-at-10-25-17-PM.pn

Screen-Shot-2019-06-02-at-10-25-43-PM.pn

On 5/29/2019 at 8:20 AM, Scraps said:

This history roast bullshit is pretty lame 

On 5/29/2019 at 11:30 AM, BurntEyes said:

I made it through I think 2 episodes and noticed I had only laughed once or twice and was like meh and turned it off.

However, Charlotte McKinney was one of the side characters and I did some research.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2217206/

That made it worth the hour or so I wasted.

I watched the first 3 episodes.  The 3rd one was Anne Frank.  Apparently it's got a bunch of people up in arms over it.  Holocaust jokes from a cast of Jews.  Gilbert Gottfried playing Hitler.  I laughed a few times at that one.

Re: Bash Brothers

This is pretty great. Laughed out loud multiple times 

This is thirty minutes of my life that I'll never get back. And there will probably be at least another 15 or 20 times I won't get those thirty minutes back. Pretty great is selling that short.

10 hours ago, Celery Man said:

also, on Jailbirds - the young white girl who the judge ripped into for going down to eat breakfast after her friends murdered some people.  whoever her counsel was, or whoever either did or did not advise her on how to look for sentencing didn't do her any favors

Screen-Shot-2019-06-02-at-10-25-17-PM.pn

Screen-Shot-2019-06-02-at-10-25-43-PM.pn

I think I would bang her 

i gotta say y'all, i love Bob's Burgers, but this Kim show is awful, and in no way reminds me of Bob's Burgers. tried to give it another shot but so far it's exactly the same as every single other sitcom whose entire premise is based around people of a specific ethnicity acting out "Korean moms be like" bits over and over. definitely CBS material.

4 hours ago, Scraps said:

those of you who are watching/or watched When They See Us  should watch the documentary Central Park 5 that came out in 2012 if you haven't already.  Ken Burns was involved in it.  

Crazy how accurate they got the interrogation scenes. 

On 5/26/2019 at 4:06 PM, Brandywine said:

Our of the blue, I binged HUGE in France. I thought it was funny and entertaining. I had no idea who Gad was, but I’d like to take his son in the show and slap the crap out of him and tell him to straighten up. All the characters are pretty LA self-centered.

Huge was great.  He also has a standup show on Netflix now.  I would watch the series first though.

On 5/30/2019 at 11:23 AM, drifter379 said:

Rim of the world.

Huge plot holes.
An extremely annoying character.
Bad acting.

I loved it!!

It was ok, reminded me of short circuit for some reason.  But after binging Good Omens this past weekend, Rim is a distant memory.

20 hours ago, Celery Man said:

When They See Us is really good

Yes.  Yes it is.

1 hour ago, gecko said:

Just started Outlander on NetFlix....it's growing on me for sure.

It's pretty good, but it jumps the shark about season 3 i think.  Still some nice eye candy and gratuitous sex throughout.   I also think it's pretty obvious it was written by a woman.   

The show from Killer Ratings seems pretty good to me, i would tune in to watch this guy sing while a guy selling esfihas fights a puppeteer any time. I would never suspect these guys of anything shady behind the scenes.

Edited by trza-hawk

Someone recommended The 100 to me a few days ago. It's six seasons, so is it any good?

Enviado desde mi SM-G950U mediante Tapatalk

No. It’s a stupid CW show. Interesting concept. lAttractive actors. Bad acting. Bad CGI. I got thru 4 seasons and lost interest. I guess it depends on how bored you are. It did keep my interest for a while, so you might kinda like it. But it’s not very good.
  • Like 1

I really dug Slasher Solstice. Aaron Martin stays with his traditional style of murder mystery, horror, thriller storytelling, with reveals and some final twists at the end, but they got a lot more creative with the killing in S3.

First 2 seasons were pretty good as well, and I would the whole series, but S1 would have been better if Katie McGrath could figure out which accent she wanted to use for the show. Other than that, pretty solid show.

1 hour ago, wutang75 said:

Haunters Documentary is insane. I’ve heard about extreme haunts like McKamey Manor for years but this doc was crazier than I expected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

i'm not seeing this anywhere, unless it's called "Haunted". is that the same show?

No. It’s a stupid CW show. Interesting concept. lAttractive actors. Bad acting. Bad CGI. I got thru 4 seasons and lost interest. I guess it depends on how bored you are. It did keep my interest for a while, so you might kinda like it. But it’s not very good.

I got through 4 episodes when it originally aired.

It's not surprising, but I kinda dig The 100.  I'll agree it lost it's footing around season 4...but came back strong the last season and a half IMO.  If you like the first season, stick it out.  If not, bail.

3 minutes ago, Drew said:

It's not surprising, but I kinda dig The 100.  I'll agree it lost it's footing around season 4...but came back strong the last season and a half IMO.  If you like the first season, stick it out.  If not, bail.

Yuh.  If you can make it through the first of season 1, you'll stick with it.  Those beginning episodes are baaaaaaaaaaad. 

Season 4 was weak.

Season 5 was better.

Season 6 is interesting. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, wutang75 said:

Haunters Documentary is insane. I’ve heard about extreme haunts like McKamey Manor for years but this doc was crazier than I expected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Watched this not too long ago - pretty damn good.  McKamey Manor doesn't strike me as a "scare" though.  It's basically torcher and beating the shit out of you