Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

On 7/17/2019 at 1:54 PM, seven said:

I'm not sure how long these have been on netflix, but I've been watching a few of the PBS nova docs lately. "the day the dinosaurs died" about taking core samples of the crater currently thought to have been created by the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs is really really fascinating. 

I checked it out and it was awesome. Thanks for the rec

On 7/13/2019 at 7:21 AM, Buzzrock said:

Tried to watch Adam Devine’s new stand up special. I think he’s pretty funny in movies but his stand up is not good. 

I really enjoyed Nate Bargatze's standup "The Tennessee Kid" - his jokes are funny and I really like his delivery. He also did a 30 min episode of "The Standups" on Netflix.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81002880

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewhusband/2019/03/26/nate-bargatze-netflix-special-interview/

AH: This might sound like a dumb question, and it probably is, but who is the "Tennessee Kid" of the title?

NB: We don't know! We'll let you know in five more specials. Actually, I'm going to leave it a mystery, though it'll be a mystery that no one cares about. Seriously though, I guess you could say it's me. Then again, it might be my daughter, too. I guess it's both of us. She was born in Tennessee and so was I, so it's kind of both of us. We're both Tennessee kids. Honestly, I just wanted to get "Tennessee" in the title of the show. It's not that exciting. There's not really some big meaning behind the name. I had another name at one point, and Netflix was like, "No, that's not a good name." I was like, "Alright," so we just kept on going until we finally got to The Tennessee Kid. I think my manager is the person who came up with that name.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bluto said:

Chernobyl megatomb (NOVA) is a great watch, especially if you watched the hbo series

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, this one is really good. I'm also in the structural steel business and holy shit is everything they did so completely impressive. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

I tried to watch the first episode of Katee Sackhoff’s new show, Another Life.  A wise man once said, “I’d rather drink buffalo shiz.”

Yeah...I gave it a shot, but unless someone tells me it gets better I’m stopping at 1 episode 

Just finished the two seasons of The OA.  It reminded me a lot of The Leftovers.   Incredibly weird, but interesting and well acted.   I loved it. 

Unpopular Opinions thread—->

(I liked the first season right up until the payoff and was out).
  • Like 1

On 7/17/2019 at 8:06 PM, Ths71 said:

Yeah. Enjoyed that. Looks like season 2 is in production and the are trying to get Ferrari and Mercedes more involved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That was my only problem w/ the first season.  They never had an episode that revolved around the two best teams on the circuit.  Frustrating. 

3 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

This is a show you have to be dedicated to. Honestly, its probably better to war grind through both seasons back to back in a week/weekend. SO much to follow.

Yeah, I spent an entire flight from Houston to New York reading recaps of all of the episodes from Season 1.  No way I would have been able to follow it had I just jumped into Season 2 without an in-depth refresher on all of the characters.  So fucking complex, but so good.

13 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

This is a show you have to be dedicated to. Honestly, its probably better to war grind through both seasons back to back in a week/weekend. SO much to follow.

I am on S1E4 Really good show. My only issue is the dubbing. Would rather have in German and with English subtitles vs the not great dubbing.

3 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Switch it. You can. I speak German, and still did. I watch English shows with subtitles too. Wonky hearing issues.

Will do that. The dubbing for Mikkel's mom is especially bad. She may still be a shitty actress in her native tongue but she is an absolute disaster with dubbed English.

On 7/9/2019 at 9:12 PM, Neonmoon said:

I guess I’m the only one who didn’t like the Chef show. I loved the movie. But the show fell short. It wasn’t bad. It was just meh. A show with little forethought about a Director and famous chef cooking random shit and inviting celebrities to jerk each other other off. And I like Favreau and Choy. 

Go watch the Taco show.  It'll make you want to make a trip to Mexico.

On 8/2/2019 at 7:15 PM, The University said:

i braved through most of ep 2, but it got even worse.

if anyone can make it to ep 10, i'll give you 5 interwebdollars. that would be impressive.

I think I liked it? Like now I want a season 2. 

41 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

that's a damn funny show

I thought season two was better.  First season of Derry Girls was good but I caught it after the hype and wasn’t floored by it.  Season two was very good. Take That.  Lol. 

Edited by A-Tex Devil

13 hours ago, Js1 said:

Same. Now need to know what tf is happening. 

I keep watching to find out what the alien structure is about, but it’s admittedly beyond outrageous. It’s not anywhere in the realm of realistic science-fiction. It’s full of stupidity. It is like like a WB show. 

22 hours ago, A-Tex Devil said:

I thought season two was better.  First season of Derry Girls was good but I caught it after the hype and wasn’t floored by it.  Season two was very good. Take That.  Lol. 

That's funny. I'm the opposite.  I watched S2 a month ago on Vimeo.  I'll go back and rewatch it. But I thought S1 was much better  

3 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Man, I came into this thread with hope, but none of this stuff does it for me. I have tried every show ticked off above and they’re either dull or just not my thing. Peaky Blinders maybe but last season was kinda weak.  

I may cancel Netflix.  I can only watch Caddyshack so many times. 

Some shows I am happy about:

Working Moms - season 2 just dropped from Canada; season 3 will also drop at the end of the month (yes, there are tits for you boys)
Glow - season 3 will drop Friday

24 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Man, I came into this thread with hope, but none of this stuff does it for me. I have tried every show ticked off above and they’re either dull or just not my thing. Peaky Blinders maybe but last season was kinda weak.  

I may cancel Netflix.  I can only watch Caddyshack so many times. 

You tried an didn't like Mindhunter? 

I just finished The Chef Show. Really enjoyed it and thought it was really well done. The last two episodes of the series were done with Aaron Franklin, which were pretty interesting. I never saw the movie, so I’m going to go back and watch it.