Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

It was.

My problem with Netflix now is that everything is a series. I have to slog through 10 episodes and wait a year for another 10. I just want to watch a good movie and be entertained for 90 minutes.

Russian Doll is only 8 episodes and each is less than 30 mins. Pretty quick for a series.

58 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I'm I really the only person who doesn't give a single shit about the Fyre festival? The meme about the dude sucking dick is funny once it was explained to me, but otherwise I really don't care at all, and I seem to be the only one.

I really didn't have much interest but once I started watching I thought it was great and hilarious.

15 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I’m assuming you have seen abducted in plain sight, because when I say it’s fucked up, I mean it’s fucked up on so many different levels. So many what the fuck moments that each could’ve been isolated into their own 1 hour doc 

I've seen them both.  I take it by this post you haven't seen Dear Zachary.  Trust me.  It's worse.

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

I'm I really the only person who doesn't give a single shit about the Fyre festival? The meme about the dude sucking dick is funny once it was explained to me, but otherwise I really don't care at all, and I seem to be the only one.

That's your loss then.  But watching a bunch of entitled millennial social media "influencers" show up for their luxury accommodations,  only to find out their staying in water logged tents on the beach is kind of my jam.   And the Fyre Festival delivered the goods.  

4 episodes into umbrella.  it definitely has an "x-men meets the royal tenenbaums" feel...

i dig it ok, but it's not blowing my skirt up quite yet.  still waiting on some plot developments to kinda develop.  i also wish this was its own thread and we could discuss episodes, because there are certain things i'm wondering about that could be sloppy writing, or could end up meaning something.

a small example - at least 3 different times allison sees vanya, and says something like, "sorry about what i said yesterday" and they kinda make up.  but there's only been one instance where what was said remotely required an apology.  a lot of the dialogue between the siblings seems like that, where there's some fuzziness to the nature and timeline of their relationships.

also with klaus - he was trapped in the hotel closet and heard the maid, and seemingly could've easily knocked the doors open with his head, but didn't move a muscle.  then when he sees the cop outside, he nearly gives himself a concussion on the table in a much dicier situation with the beard dude right there in the bathroom.  again, the writing has hit me wrong on a few occasions.  

obviously i'll finish it, but so far i was hoping for more.  but the music is great.

i can't even watch this shit i'm so aggravated. i just turned it off with 30 minutes to go. the parents, and in particular the dad, are so goddamn meek, it makes me rage. all of this is their fault, particularly the dad. his meekness makes me so mad i can't even watch this show. they let this happen, time and time again. it's unconscionable.

• Like 1

That and their powers seem kind of lame.  Aside from the time jumping kid.  Luther with superhuman strength gets owned in a hand to hand combat scene.  That doesn't make sense.  And why is the rumor girl's personal life in shambles if she has the ability to control peoples actions? 

Edited by Gene Parmesan
  • Like 1