Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

4 hours ago, RPM said:

You should watch Gringo: The Dangerous Life of John McAfee

Missed this one, need to watch it. I can 100% personally confirm that dude is as fucking loony as they come. One of his lake houses is currently for sale if you’re interested.

7 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

watching Fyre right now. Just got to the story about the water at customs. holy shit. 

I did not know what to make of that guy admitting that he full intended to suck an official's dick to get water.  What a bizarre and humiliating admission.  But it shows how all of these Fyre employees inexplicably and willingly went down (almost literally in his case) with the ship while McFarland strapped C4 to the deck and steered it directly towards an iceberg.  

Abducted in Plain Sight. How is this not getting more publicity? If I saw a movie with this plot I would turn it off because of how ridiculous it is. Check it out - I need someone to tell me if it was as unbelievable as I thought it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wutang75 said:

Abducted in Plain Sight. How is this not getting more publicity? If I saw a movie with this plot I would turn it off because of how ridiculous it is. Check it out - I need someone to tell me if it was as unbelievable as I thought it was.

Is this the Netflix equivalent of pulling rotten milk out of the fridge and asking us to smell it?

Is this the Netflix equivalent of pulling rotten milk out of the fridge and asking us to smell it?

Watch it - it’s fantastic. It’s shocking how unbelievably naive people are, and how crazy this story is. Almost as infuriating to me as Dear Zachary (but not quite).

What others have said here is pretty spot on.  Netflix is a nice introduction into the event, very surface level, whereas Hulu is more in depth.  Hulu also doves much deeper into the social aspect of everything which makes you ragey for society.

I preferred the Netflix “style” more as I thought the interviewers made for better characters (sans Billy) but the Hulu version was equally as good in different ways.  

Definitely recommend watching both though. 

13 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Watched the first hour or so of Gringo: The Dangerous Life of John McAfee last night. The chick who made it didn't do a particularly good job at making the documentary from an entertainment standpoint, but the subject matter is very interesting and makes it worth the watch.

Her motivation was covering her ass in the scam McAfee was trying to pull. It just blossomed into enough for a film.

7 hours ago, Mileslong said:

Just watched that tonight. Didn’t know all the details about Bundy. Guy was the antichrist and could talk his way just about out of any situation. I had forgotten he escaped prison twice...

Not prison, but crappy local jails. 

Not prison, but crappy local jails. 

True, what I found mind bottling was the fact he was wanted for murder in the northwest then was being held for minor traffic violations and no ID but they had no idea who they had because there was no fax machine, no internet of course only sketches that had to be mailed. Criminals had it made in those days

2 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

True, what I found mind bottling was the fact he was wanted for murder in the northwest then was being held for minor traffic violations and no ID but they had no idea who they had because there was no fax machine, no internet of course only sketches that had to be mailed. Criminals had it made in those days

The 70's was a good time to be a serial killer.

On 1/23/2019 at 11:08 AM, wutang75 said:

Fucccckk this.  Just turned it off 40 mins in.  This doc was way too disturbing for this father of a young daughter.  

I feel ill having watched that.  

Edited by Chet Steadman

1 hour ago, Chet Steadman said:

Fucccckk this.  Just turned it off 40 mins in.  This doc was way too disturbing for this father of a young daughter.  

I feel ill having watched that.  

I love documentaries and I especially love true documentaries, but I turned that one off after 10 minutes. I don’t even have kids. That was some messed up shit. I don’t need that hear that. 

spent some hours flying this week and this is what I saw:

do watch (netflix)

"fyre" pretty much echo the praise given here.  did they actually sell any tickets (I can't remember if they were $15,000 or $25,000) to this festival? it just seemed to me that they convinced a bunch of influencers to post about the event in exchange for free admission and a villa and that was about all the people that got to go.

"friends from college (season 2)"

"closer" it's got oberyn martell's chick in it.  

skip

"io" fell asleep and woke up near the end when they are inside the museum, felt as if I didn't miss a beat.                                                                                                                                                     

• Like 1

I love documentaries and I especially love true documentaries, but I turned that one off after 10 minutes. I don’t even have kids. That was some messed up shit. I don’t need that hear that. 

Unbelievable. I don’t think I’ve felt like that watching a doc since Dear Zachary. As bad as the guy was (easily one of the worst human beings I’ve seen in any of these true crime shows), the Mom and Dad were equally shocking. The father was the biggest pussy...I can’t even put it in words. I get they are Mormon and this was a different time - but holy fuck. Awful.

The FBI agent wanted them in jail.

• Like 1

Just saw a trailer for Polar. Graphic novel based action flick about a... assassin in retirement in the great white north until someone gets the bright idea that he needs to be killed and then it appears to be 60 minutes of people getting murked. Or that’s what I took from the trailer - it’s too late but it looks good.

Just finished this one.

HOLY. SHIT.

It was just exceeding level after level of “this could not get more fucked up” moments.

Read some reviews of the Bundy Tapes and it seems like a hard pass for me. 4 hours of a pathological liar and psychopath spinning his own narrative doesn’t seem worth watching. 

Just finished it and I enjoyed it. I guess I didn’t know the whole story because I didn’t know of his two escapes in Aspen. Fucking idiots allowed him to kill 3 more people, including a 12 year old in Florida. And how the fuck did Florida let this bastard procreate while on death mother fucking row?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

knocked out the ted bundy tapes.  really enjoyed it.  particularly episodes 3 and 4.  i never really knew the details about his florida killings, but the people who let him escape the jail in colorado must feel fucking terrible about that.

Same.  Super interesting.  Amazing how little communication there was between the law enforcement agencies.  I mean, when the FSU killings happened and they're like, "we don't know who this guy is", I was dumbfounded.  3 western states were paralyzed from the killings and double escape and you find yourself with multiple killings of young women in collegiate settings?!?  It's fucking Ted Bundy you got there pal!

• Like 1