ESPN challenges itself to make the worst list possible

Michael Knight

29 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Vince Young is #1 and everyone else is competing for second. I would put Tebow #2, Burrow #3. Newton and Gayfield being anywhere near the top 5 is a travesty. 

Uhh… did you not watch college football in 2010? Cam was fucking unstoppable. His stats that year are ridiculous and dwarf Vince’s best year. Vince had him (barely) beat only in passing yards. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Uhh… did you not watch college football in 2010? Cam was fucking unstoppable. His stats that year are ridiculous and dwarf Vince’s best year. Vince had him (barely) beat only in passing yards. 

You’re fucking hilarious man…please compare these stats and show us how one ‘dwarves’ the other…

• Hook 'Em 2

47 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Stats don’t tell the full story

System and how you win plays a part, but also just watching how a QB leads the team is the biggest factor. It’s why I gave edge to Tebow over VY. 

Colt had crazy stats too, if he didn’t get fuckin hurt in that natty he could be up top 5 too. 

49 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I’ve put up with your water headed opinions for too long. #toggleoff

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Cam = 4327 total yards, 51 total TDs (1 receiving)

Vince = 4086 total yards, 38 total TDs 

So exactly the same except Texas had the RB run in close touchdowns and VY handed off close touchdowns?

Just watching both guys play they were both great, Cams stats don’t dwarf VYs though that’s bogus. 

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Cam = 4327 total yards, 51 total TDs (1 receiving)

Vince = 4086 total yards, 38 total TDs 

Lol dude that’s ‘dwarfed’?

Our average margin of victory was 33.5 points that year; half of Auburn’s 14 games they didn’t hit 38 total. You think that spread in total TDs might not have had a bit to do with all but 3-4 of our games being over by halftime?

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Vince Young is #1 and everyone else is competing for second. I would put Tebow #2, Burrow #3. Newton and Gayfield being anywhere near the top 5 is a travesty. 

I might put Burrow's senior year #1 with Vince #2.

Colt makes the top 10.

2 hours ago, Ignatius said:

Lol dude that’s ‘dwarfed’?

Our average margin of victory was 33.5 points that year; half of Auburn’s 14 games they didn’t hit 38 total. You think that spread in total TDs might not have had a bit to do with all but 3-4 of our games being over by halftime?

This is all true.  VY sat out a lot of 4th quarters.  See the CCG when we had 70 points on the board midway through the 3rd.  Ironically, VY's stats took a hit specifically because he was so completely dominant.

Cam also played an extra game.

I'm not saying Cam wasn't great.  He had a top-5 season ever at the position.

But to say that his stats dwarfed VY's is to miss an awful lot of context.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Zeus said:

So exactly the same except Texas had the RB run in close touchdowns and VY handed off close touchdowns?

Just watching both guys play they were both great, Cams stats don’t dwarf VYs though that’s bogus. 

VY also did it in 13 games instead of the 14 games Cam had. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, immamac said:

ESPN is a bogus Google clickbait ai written shithole. 

They gotta come up w those billions somehow.  Insane what they paid for the playoffs.  
Well past getting worked up over what anyone writes out there.  You used to find the trolls in the comments section of articles.  Those were the good ole days.  Now the trolls write the articles.  

• Haha 1

Who was the last QB where on any given play you thought they could score a TD no matter where on the field?

Vince was like that. Tebow was like that due to that stacked Florida team. Manziel was like that due to scrambling and Mike Evans (no, I'm not saying he was one of the best). Cam was like that. Was Burrow? Actually Mayfield and OU put up so many points, I guess they were like that.

6 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

This is why I always laugh at blOU fans whining about the media. The media loves blOU. They made the Boz famous for being an overrated shitty human.

LOL, yes the media loves OU. 

The media loves characters.  Someone people love or hate.  That's Boz and Mayfield etc etc.  You act like the media has any agenda outside loving attention and eye balls.  Only a total fucking moron would believe otherwise. 

On 2/29/2024 at 3:23 PM, FirstTimeCaller said:

Who was the last QB where on any given play you thought they could score a TD no matter where on the field?

Vince was like that. Tebow was like that due to that stacked Florida team. Manziel was like that due to scrambling and Mike Evans (no, I'm not saying he was one of the best). Cam was like that. Was Burrow? Actually Mayfield and OU put up so many points, I guess they were like that.

Burrow definitely was in 2019…

On 2/28/2024 at 6:18 PM, Helobious said:

Cam did it with a lot less talent around him than Vince had, and against a tougher schedule. Vince made it look a lot easier. If I had to pick one in their prime to win me a college game I’m not sure who I’d pick.

You can set your watch by it.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 2/28/2024 at 5:04 PM, TexArcher said:

Lemme guess, Stephen A Smith made this list and wants to yell it at us.....

Stephen A doesn't do shit like this bro SA is cool as fuck and not even remotely the problem with ESPN. 

Go watch their NBA desk/halftime coverage if you want to see how truly shitty that place is. 

On 2/29/2024 at 2:23 PM, FirstTimeCaller said:

Was Burrow?

Yes bro he threw for like 70 TDs and 8 picks. 

17 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

LOL, yes the media loves OU. 

The media loves characters.  Someone people love or hate.  That's Boz and Mayfield etc etc.  You act like the media has any agenda outside loving attention and eye balls.  Only a total fucking moron would believe otherwise. 

Don’t tell me, say this to all the blOU fans whining on YouTube and twitter because Vegas gave them 7.5 and Texas 10.5 O/U. I’ve literally heard them say the media hates them and loves the Texas “brand”. 

On 2/28/2024 at 4:07 PM, Spider2YBanana said:

Saw this yesterday and fucking laughed. Having a dumb fuck who never won a championship at #1 is...something. It looks like an intern, or Lee Corso made the list. 

On 2/28/2024 at 7:18 PM, Helobious said:

Cam did it with a lot less talent around him than Vince had, and against a tougher schedule. Vince made it look a lot easier. If I had to pick one in their prime to win me a college game I’m not sure who I’d pick.

Yeah it "best quarterbacks" not best teams they played on.  Just ask how the team does with its' backup, 2010 Auburn maybe 7-5. 

On 2/28/2024 at 9:11 PM, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Let me know when Burrow/Cam/Tebow did this

Or this....

Or this...

Or this....

I'll hang up and listen

I am happy to never listen to "Touchdown no flags" again.

4 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Don’t tell me, say this to all the blOU fans whining on YouTube and twitter because Vegas gave them 7.5 and Texas 10.5 O/U. I’ve literally heard them say the media hates them and loves the Texas “brand”. 

Oh don’t get me wrong - on average OU fans have a much lower IQ.  My point stands.  

On 2/28/2024 at 6:06 PM, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Burrow shits all over Tebow.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1