so Trev Alberts (yes, THAT Trev Alberts) just left the AD job at Nebraska for the same job at A&M

Rimbo

Posted (edited)

Two Trevs? Really? I guess it’s an ice breaker in the interview. 

"With Trev's expertise, the Aggies are poised to not only excel on the fields, tracks and courts, but also successfully navigate the multi-faceted intersection of sports, commerce and student-athlete empowerment," Texas A&M president Trev Welsh said in a statement released by the school. "He has a profound understanding of the intricate business of athletics and the evolving landscape of college athletics, particularly in the realm of Name, Image and Likeness (NIL)."

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/texas-a-m-hires-trev-alberts-as-athletic-director-nebraska-football-legend-will-replace-ross-bjork

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, DCA_HORN said:

They paid $4 million for the privilege to hire that douchebag? Their stupidity is truly Neverending. 

They seem to have an unlimited ability to print money and make bad hiring decisions. That seems to be what their brand is really all about. 

6 hours ago, ousux said:

Wait, aggy now has two Trevs? Who tf names their kid Trev anyway.

I was going to comment on this. Seems quite on-brand. Guess the male cheerleaders will be busy painting up some “Trev” overalls for the fall. Whoop!

Just now, Tex Pete said:

I was going to comment on this. Seems quite on-brand. Guess the male cheerleaders will be busy painting up some “Trev” overalls for the fall. Whoop!

aggy kids born in the next couple of years (until one of the Trevs is unceremoniously fired) will be named Trevor Kyle Trevor

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

They seem to have an unlimited ability to print money and make bad hiring decisions. That seems to be what their brand is really all about. 

My very first reaction upon reading the thread title: even a dumbass like Albert’s responds to straight cash, Homie!  How much did they over pay?

Rhule probably wanted more influence over the program than Cornhead was willing to give, and aggy is the parachute.

Edited by slorch

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

aggy kids born in the next couple of years (until one of the Trevs is unceremoniously fired) will be named Trevor Kyle Trevor

I fucking hate that kid.  He's in my daughter's class.  Runs fast, but picks his nose, always wears a purple shirt.  

• Haha 1

Say what you want about John Sharp, that fucker knows how to grease the wheels and get unethical money rather easily.  Guy's got more friends in our government and THECB and UTIMCO than I can count.  He must have pictures of them with sheep or something.  Oh wait...

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

9 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Two Trevs? Really? I guess it’s an ice breaker in the interview. 

"With Trev's expertise, the Aggies are poised to not only excel on the fields, tracks and courts, but also successfully navigate the multi-faceted intersection of sports, commerce and student-athlete empowerment," Texas A&M president Trev Welsh said in a statement released by the school. "He has a profound understanding of the intricate business of athletics and the evolving landscape of college athletics, particularly in the realm of Name, Image and Likeness (NIL)."

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/texas-a-m-hires-trev-alberts-as-athletic-director-nebraska-football-legend-will-replace-ross-bjork

They're now calling Mark Welsh Trev?  I can see Trey (he's Mark Welsh III) but can't see the Trev.

2 hours ago, Boss Hogg said:

So for those that don't follow, is Trev actually good AD?

Normally I'd look at the team that lost the guy bitching and moaning as a sign he was good, but

1. UNL also lost their president, so they have nobody to hire a new AD, and this may be more about that, and

2. It's Nebraska. Whining is what they do now.

So, that evidence is inconclusive.

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Bjork left because Ohio State offered him a job.

But, I thought aggy was a destination job? Isn't that what Bjork told A&M while interviewing and Ole Miss when he resigned?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

they could name the after the initials....TeeKaty.....especially if they are from Katy

6 hours ago, Boss Hogg said:

So for those that don't follow, is Trev actually good AD?

He is currently a named defendant in a lawsuit for sexual misconduct. Football is a shitshow, basketball is OK, baseball hahaha. Women's sports are doing ok, except for the former assistant coach for women's basketball that was coercing a player into a sexual relationship.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, runthebone said:

I assume this means he was about to get fired

35 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

He is currently a named defendant in a lawsuit for sexual misconduct. Football is a shitshow, basketball is OK, baseball hahaha. Women's sports are doing ok, except for the former assistant coach for women's basketball that was coercing a player into a sexual relationship.

Jurassic Park Ian Malcom GIF

2 hours ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

Has nebraska been relevant in anything in a decade?

Volleyball.  And that fits at aggy, where the women are champions and the men are cheerleaders.

• Hook 'Em 2