2024 NCAA Tournament - First Round Games - Thurs/Fri

Pancho

Good for Duquesne. It’s been a long long time since they were in NCAA. Go back to when Earl was at Texas.  That’s a long time.  My grandfather played for the Dukes, a hundred years ago, and is in their HoF so I am happy.

we have Oregon v USCe after this Creighton game.  I’m looking forward to Texas Tech v NC St in the late game tonight 

• Hook 'Em 8

5 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Good for Duquesne. It’s been a long long time since they were in NCAA. Go back to when Earl was at Texas.  That’s a long time.  My grandfather played for the Dukes, a hundred years ago, and is in their HoF so I am happy.

we have Oregon v USCe after this Creighton game.  I’m looking forward to Texas Tech v NC St in the late game tonight 

Fuck Tech. Go Wolfpack!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Then he needs to make it.  

And I don't think the baseline guy calls it either if the shot goes in.

The notion that some fouls are not enough for an and-one has been a problem in college hoops for a long time.  Either it's a foul or it isn't.  Call it.

A few things…

1.) I agree with you the call should have been made by the trail. 

2.) No, not every contact is a foul or it’s not. (In this case it was a foul)

3.) Honestly, when I saw that play I thought the ref that should have made the call just had what we call “brain freeze.” Basically, your brain processes “oh shit, that’s a foul” but your brain doesn’t continue processing that you should also blow the whistle. That’s happened to me before in games like this—you’re on tv, everyone in America is watching, the arena is electric, your adrenaline is high as fuck, and you’re trying to overthink so you don’t fuck up and just like in all jobs regardless of industry, if we overthink we tend to fuck up. Something similar happened in the womens EE/Final Four a few years ago where it was an obvious foul, the ref was looking right at it, but for some reason just didn’t blow the whistle. If I was a doctor on grey’s and could figure out why our brains do that sometime, I’d be rich af.

That’s all. 

Also, did anyone else see Barkley has Oregon in the NC game? 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Drinking a rare afternoon espresso to accomodate for the late start. Could be a really good game with Tech's big guy still out.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Uncle Nate said:

Live by the 3, die by the 3.

2 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

BYU finished 7-9 away from home. That style of play doesn't work in March. 

Just ask Shaka Smart

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

• Pancho unpinned this topic