Johnny (football?) Manziel

bigup2dahorns

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

I'll be in Quebec in a month - wonder if he'll be cut by the time I get there.

Mike Sherman was the one who recruited him to a&m and the one who traded for him today.

He absolutely will NOT be cut.

He most likely will be STARTING.

For most of the world, Sherman bouncing back from losing a high school coaching job and Manziel becoming the electrifying player he was in college would make a great story.

I just don't see it happening. It will be like Brian's Song except both Sayers and Piccolo die at the end.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, mininghorn88 said:

Just spent the last hour talking off and on with a TSN CFL Insider (Dave N aylor) in the Montreal airport while waiting on my next flight.  I expounded on Maziel's suckage. He doesn't seem to be a fan either.  There is a lot of trouble to get into in Montreal! 

It's an incredibly fun town, so much to do, real party vibe. They're going to have to lock him in his apartment after practice.

2 hours ago, Surlybastard said:

I feel like some people get tattoos(and keep getting them) just as a way of trying to lower other people's expectations for them as people. I think Manziel qualifies for this group.

LMAO.  As if a few tattoos are going to lower aggy expectations?  

It's hilarious how this dbag's career arch followed a typical aggy season's infamous rollercoaster.  I, for one, am shocked. 

1 hour ago, Matuka said:

Rumors out there that Jonathan has been missing a team meeting or two and staying out late.  Shocker.

http://forums.cfl.ca/montreal-alouettes/2/manziel/106712/

I read the first page (of four) pages of that and just got bored.  I mean, if we're going to schadenfruede a guy, at least do it before he's a has-been.  Seems unnecessary now.

12 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Seriously, if someone said, "Here's a picture of a guy, what do you think he does for a living?"  What would you pick?

Part-time bartender? Substitute teacher to pickup naive underage girls?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, futureman said:

so where are the rumors?

See post 2 of the link.  Video in question is in French, I made a D in my only semester of French at UT, so I can't translate.

At his press conference, former coach June Jones said it was an "internal matter" when asked if Johnny missed any meetings.

http://forums.cfl.ca/hamilton-tiger-cats/5/manziel-traded-to-mtl/106704/msg2182534#msg2182534

20 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Seriously, if someone said, "Here's a picture of a guy, what do you think he does for a living?"  What would you pick?

struggling local musician working part-time as a bartender to support a debilitating meth habit that will eventually land him on the streets.

and yet he legitimately won a heisman trophy as the best player in all of college football.   it’s truly fucking surreal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Hamilton @ Montreal 8/3 on ESPN2.

You know Mike Sherman will trot him out for that.  

Odds he's still faded from getting shitfaced on St. Catherine Street the night before? (Gay Village or strip club section, either one works)

Edited by texifornia

On 7/23/2018 at 5:04 PM, Bullneck said:

Collect aluminum cans from trash cans and return then for 0.10 deposit?