Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

markstanco

Smax gets his talking points straight from Rush, Sean, Buck et al and he buys them hook line and sinker.

Today's multi-millionaire gamer merely joined the club formerly exclusionary to yesterday's high-dollar actor or musician or athlete.  They are essentially a blip on the radar, but LIBRULS!  I'd rather have a rich gamer in my family than a rich corporate whore who fully intends to rape the electorate while acting concerned.

At least Smax is consistent.  Consistently ignorant.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Smax said:

Yes poor millenials....

And their $1000 iphones and $80 unlimited monthly phone plans

Making millions a year by being YouTube or insta whores, pro video gamers (lol) make high 6 figures playing fucking video games.

Student loans are out of control but much of that lies on the shoulders tenured liberal profs who couldnt make it in the real world or the millenials themselves who decided 8 years of college to get a degree in a field thay may pay 80k a year was a good idea

Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit, they are spoiled to the 9th degree and have it better then most generations before them.

I am so happy to hear you will be supporting free college for all, Smax. That is awesome news! Student loans are out of control and I am soooo glad you realize that the loan industry is predatory for many students and for those that signed up with the government programs available for teachers for loan forgiveness have been misled and trapped in a cycle of bad credit and ballooning payments when their paperwork requests were denied.

Ever since tuition deregulation (the state of Texas deregulated in 2003) tuition has skyrocketed as has enrollment while the state has dropped its per student subsidy  by thousands of dollars. Those professors who teach the ever increasing population of students are now almost matched 1 to 1 with administrators who don't teach. I'm afraid you are mistaken, though. The professors do not get to decide who gets loans and how much tuition costs. No, the professors get to teach and wrestle with the unfunded mandates handed down by those administrators and the Legislature who are too cowardly to face the public for the damage they have caused.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Smax said:

Yes poor millenials....

Making millions a year by being YouTube or insta whores, pro video gamers (lol) make high 6 figures playing fucking video games.

Student loans are out of control but much of that lies on the shoulders tenured liberal profs who couldnt make it in the real world or the millenials themselves who decided 8 years of college to get a degree in a field thay may pay 80k a year was a good idea

Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit, they are spoiled to the 9th degree and have it better then most generations before them.

holy fucking strawman, batman

2 hours ago, Smax said:

Yes poor millenials....

Holy shit, that's a bad take. I mean, maybe @slorch has takes this bad, but unlike you he's a self-made asshole. At any rate here are some pictures of what having it better than most generations looks like according to you:

Millenials making lots of money ... for other people!

net-productivity-is-the-growth-of-output

But iphones!

636356465317319532-071417-Boomer-Spendin

Millennials spoiled by that sweet 1.5% growth

dettling1_lg.jpg

can't accrue wealth due to crises, sluggish wage growth, a logjam in the workforce at higher incomes and low interest rates that punish savers to prop up the wealth of home owning older people. 

dettling2_lg.jpg
I love this next chart, because in addition to showing a lower rate of ownership it also points to the reason why - the high net housing wealth is a result of prices rising higher than incomes for millenials and the collapse of middle income jobs.
dettling3_lg.jpg

eating that sweet home cookin'

5f1bdba2-68c8-11e8-8cf3-0c230fa67aec?sou

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Smax said:

Yes poor millenials....

Holy shit, that's a bad take. I mean, maybe @slorch has takes this bad, but unlike you he's a self-made asshole. At any rate here are some pictures of what having it better looks like according to you:

636356465317319532-071417-Boomer-Spendin

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Smax gets his talking points straight from Rush, Sean, Buck et al and he buys them hook line and sinker.

Today's multi-millionaire gamer merely joined the club formerly exclusionary to yesterday's high-dollar actor or musician or athlete.  They are essentially a blip on the radar, but LIBRULS!  I'd rather have a rich gamer in my family than a rich corporate whore who fully intends to rape the electorate while acting concerned.

At least Smax is consistent.  Consistently ignorant.

Jimmy gets his talking points from morning joe , minka and that man dyke on msnbc, you know the ones who've been straight up lying to American public for too long and he buys it hook line and sinker ( wow that is easy!)

• Fuck You 5

Jimmy gets his talking points from morning joe , minka and that man dyke on msnbc, you know the ones who've been straight up lying to American public for too long and he buys it hook line and sinker ( wow that is easy!)

Smax...how about you address the data above, posted in rebuttal to your unsupported positions.

28 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Holy shit, that's a bad take. I mean, maybe @slorch has takes this bad, but unlike you he's a self-made asshole. At any rate here are some pictures of what having it better looks like according to you:

What happened in the early 1970's from an economic system perspective?

18 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Some stuff, but the really big directional wedge doesn't short up until the early/mid 80s, when the tax code starts to encourage it. The best evidence and arguments that I've seen point to a behavioral phenomenon, in other words, simply choosing not to pay workers more as productivity rises.

Here's a paper on the topic i think is interesting. 

It is interesting to compare the relative magnitude of changes in compensation inequality, the labor share and productivity growth using some simple counterfactuals. If the ratio of the mean to median worker's hourly compensation in 2015 had been the same as it was in 1973, and mean compensation remained at its 2015 level, the median worker's pay would have been around 32% higher. If the ratio of labor productivity to mean compensation30 in 2015 had been the same as it was in 1973 (i.e. the labor share had not fallen), the average and median worker would both have had around 5% more hourly compensation all else constant. Assuming the relationship between compensation and productivity estimated in Tables 1 or 2 hold, if productivity growth had been as fast over 1973-2015 as it was over 1949-1973, (i.e. if net total economy productivity had grown at an average of 2.7% per year, rather than 1.3% per year), mean compensation would have been 59%-76% higher and median compensation 65%-68% higher in 2015, holding other factors constant. These point estimates suggest that that the potential effect of raising productivity growth on the average American’s pay may be as great as or greater than the effect of policies to reverse trends in income inequality.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Some stuff, but the really big directional wedge doesn't short up until the early/mid 80s, when the tax code starts to encourage it. The best evidence and arguments that I've seen point to a behavioral phenomenon, in other words, simply choosing not to pay workers more as productivity rises.

Mark it microcomputing, dude. 

2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Is this where you pretend that United States isn't a profoundly racist country?

Is this where you explain how making that comment has a damn thing to do with the post ?  Please list all the countries and ethnicities that  don't have racist tendencies now or in their past.

13 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Intentionally obtuse.

or just asshole.

8 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Mark it microcomputing, dude. 

Edited by Incredulity

57 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Repeal of Bretton Woods. Before that, I would sell lemonade or deliver papers, and be paid in gold ingots. Afterwards comic books doubled in price but it was OK since we were paying for them with wheelbarrows of worthless paper Marks.

The succession of events that FDR telegraphed from Spring 1942 until his death have never really been explored accurately by historians.  He saw Pax Americana, reserve currency status, UN and NATO leadership, and the Cold War de tante and victory...before he saw our path to victory in WWII.  Think about everything he forecasted, and put into motion, when everybody else thought, 'Hey, maybe he's onto something with this wartime spending to beat the depression.'  His economic policies are what people clamor about, and his wartime stoicism soon after that.  But he saw something that was impossible.  And he made it reality.  

What I like about OAC is that the only foreign controlled broadcast news network elevates her to be the same level of influence as our President.

Because Fox news cares nothing about anything except the all mighty dollar, that is why they are the perfect Republican fit. Devoid of any morals, principles or loyalty to nation. just an allegiance to the all mighty dollar, anf fuck the Yanks id they are dumb enough to buy our shit! So AOC is the head of the Democratic party! God Fox has it down, foment hate and lies and profit!!!!!

So when Trump is an ass, stupid or whatever,,, AOC can be a rallying cry for the morons.

19 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Smax...how about you address the data above, posted in rebuttal to your unsupported positions.

He can’t. He’s a fucking goof with all the delusion of self confidence that of the very worst sufferers of the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

22 hours ago, Smax said:

Yes poor millenials....

Do you try to be this fucking stupid, or does it come naturally?

22 hours ago, Smax said:

Yes poor millenials....

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a spectacular failure of a post like this one, and I’ve read Swam and CLH before.

Damn millennials with their youtube channel subscription income.  In my day, we did it like Don Lapre...our side hustle wasn't some on-line scam, but rather-a responsible money making platform using little, tiny classified ads in your local newspaper.

Edited by Lobo

7 hours ago, Axiom of Choice said:

If I had to roll the dice and be born under any circumstance at random into any generation in the US in the last 150 years, I'll take millennial.  The boomers had it better in some ways economically, but all things considered I still think it is preferable to be born later.  The plight of the millennial is not really noteworthy; there will not be movies and documentaries made decades into the future about the tragic era of young working professionals having less upward mobility in their middle class career combined with a relatively high monthly payment on their student loan.  The plight of the millennial is mostly discussed in media (and not in my experiences by millennials in real life lamenting their circumstances) with intent to convince folks to act or vote a certain way.

Millennials have had it much worse than Gen X. 

15 minutes ago, Axiom of Choice said:

I think if we compared all of the useful quantifiable metrics on quality of life, I guess it would be plausible that gen x had it better.  I think probably not, as social equality and technological improvements did occur during this time, but assuming we could reduce generational comparisons down to a single score to settle the question (which would be very difficult and contain subjective elements) I think the two generations would be found to be fairly close when viewed from a broad perspective.     

Gen X in part learned from the failures of the Boomers.  Accordingly, we have had it pretty good so far.  But I think in retirement, we are going to take it in the shorts.  Bigtime bro!

maxresdefault.jpg

9 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Gen X in part learned from the failures of the Boomers.  Accordingly, we have had it pretty good so far.  But I think in retirement, we are going to take it in the shorts.  Bigtime bro!

maxresdefault.jpg

Lots of Gen X who thought they were going to get a pension, but won't. Or the pension they get won't be nearly as good as they were promised. Most Millennials have pretty much figured out that they can't rely on anything but their own savings for retirement early enough to start saving for it. Of course, many of them are hitting their 30's and just now making enough to actually start saving.

• hayden_horn changed the title to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez