Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

markstanco

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

The person in this case only matters in this discussion because half of the country supports her murder. Which was his point. This isn’t hard dude.

Half the country doesn’t support her murder Jesus Christ.  

Hoping the hyperbole would leave after y’all won everything but guess that’s too much to ask. 

Just now, fattyflattie said:

Half the country doesn’t support her murder Jesus Christ.  

Hoping the hyperbole would leave after y’all won everything but guess that’s too much to ask. 

Oh ok I’m sorry. Half the country supports people who advocated her murder. I know this because a MTG is still a member of Congress. 

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Oh ok I’m sorry. Half the country supports people who advocated her murder. I know this because a MTG is still a member of Congress. 

Every fucking R sans 1 that I’ve talked to thinks the whole incident was horrific.  Every. Fucking. One. But. One. 

Y’all won.  And from the looks of it are going to shove as much shit down the other half’s throat as possible until that’s no longer the case.  You seem like you can’t enjoy it because 2000(?) fucking idiots did a terrible thing.  It wasn’t half a large high school of people, much less half the country ffs. 

12 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

It’s not a whatabout.  He made a specific statement about what would be his “saddest day in America”. Not 9/11, not political figures who have given their life for their beliefs.  It was the “day someone lays hands on AOC”.   I’m not the one who oddly specific.   The person shouldn’t matter. I’d love to go back and get some of yalls hot tales from the ballgame a few years ago. Wonder if you’d stand behind them today. 

You seem to boil down my post to: Somebody touching AOC is worse than murder. Then you argue with that absurd, specious position.

Others have already explained this to you. You just hang in there clinging to sophistry and unjustified certitude.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Every fucking R sans 1 that I’ve talked to thinks the whole incident was horrific.  Every. Fucking. One. But. One. 

Y’all won.  And from the looks of it are going to shove as much shit down the other half’s throat as possible until that’s no longer the case.  You seem like you can’t enjoy it because 2000(?) fucking idiots did a terrible thing.  It wasn’t half a large high school of people, much less half the country ffs. 

it is still a very different kind of thing that a lone wolf shooter. can you admit that? how many people do you think are into q? it's somewhere in between the 2k you cite and 74 million people. but it's pretty fucking far north from 1.

the fact that these people organized, attended a rally intended to incite them, were told to go to the capitol and fight like hell, and then stormed the place is way fucking more frightening and sad than a lone nutbar gunman.

can you admit that?

5 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Do they think it was horrific? Because the entire Republican house sans 11 voted to keep her on committee. So are they horrified or do they support it?

8 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

t is still a very different kind of thing that a lone wolf shooter. can you admit that?

Yes. I believe both are fringe elements, though. 

8 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

how many people do you think are into q?

No earthly idea.  250k? 

9 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

then stormed the place is way fucking more frightening and sad than a lone nutbar gunman.

I find them both terrifying.  

7 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Do they think it was horrific? Because the entire Republican house sans 11 voted to keep her on committee. So are they horrified or do they support it?

Yeah, I believe they do. Our choices for representation are shit.  Just because some wacky bitch believes in a Jew laser doesn’t mean I want to replace her with someone who will go against every idea that I vote for.    I care that she votes along party lines of the party I think is best for me and my particular beliefs. The same way you should when AOC says nutty shit. It doesn’t really matter if you think we should never install another pipeline in this county or outlaw cattle etc as long as she votes for your side.   I would much prefer to have less embarrassing lunatics on the R tickets, but here we are. 

6 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

No earthly idea.  250k? 

Yeah, I believe they do. Our choices for representation are shit.  Just because some wacky bitch believes in a Jew laser doesn’t mean I want to replace her with someone who will go against every idea that I vote for.    I care that she votes along party lines of the party I think is best for me and my particular beliefs. The same way you should when AOC says nutty shit. It doesn’t really matter if you think we should never install another pipeline in this county or outlaw cattle etc as long as she votes for your side.   I would much prefer to have less embarrassing lunatics on the R tickets, but here we are. 

Absolutely what the framers intended when writing the constitution. 

9 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Just because some wacky bitch believes in a Jew laser doesn’t mean I want to replace her with someone who will go against every idea that I vote for.    I care that she votes along party lines of the party I think is best for me and my particular beliefs.

In your version of reality, who is it that gets actually tasked with drafting legislation?

11 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

No earthly idea.  250k? 

So you're fine with anti-Semitic conspiracy theories of the type that have led to genocide in the recent past if she votes your way on fucking pipelines?

That's your bar?

4 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

So you're fine with anti-Semitic conspiracy theories of the type that have led to genocide in the recent past if she votes your way on fucking pipelines?

That's your bar?

I’m not fine with any of it.  But I don’t pretend not to understand why one party won’t be pushed by the other into displacing their members.  

Edited by fattyflattie

8 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

No earthly idea.  250k? 

Furrowed brows, both sides bullshit, and a little equivocation.  Nice attempt.  Would you vote for a pedophile if he was a Republican? Just wondering what threshold you have.  I don't think there are any.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I’m not fine with any of it.  But I don’t pretend not to understand why one party won’t be pushed by the other into displacing their members.  

Party of principle indeed.

Edited by TXSG8R
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

So you ARE fine with it.   Republicans could have led the charge to displacing her.  But they didn't.

Just now, Nivek said:

So you ARE fine with it.   Republicans could have led the charge to displacing her.  But they didn't.

and they should have, that's the thing. if fattyflattie is to be believed, the nutbars that elected this nutbar aren't that much of a plurality in the republican party, then they could cut bait with them.

but they won't. because they have the data. they lose their primary if they cut q people out. that's scary as fuck, honestly.

• Hook 'Em 3

They shouldn't have to be "pushed". When a member of a political party advocates for the assassination of their political enemies, the party should remove that person.

Don't worry, I'm sure they could find someone to replace her with who wouldn't "think we should never install another pipeline in this county or outlaw cattle".

• Hook 'Em 3

I guess in fairness to fatty though, they started this ball rolling with Trump. Not sure why we expect them to hold some podunk house rep to a higher standard than the president. They sold their soul 4 years ago, MTG is the first of many. 

1 minute ago, TXSG8R said:

I guess in fairness to fatty though, they started this ball rolling with Trump. Not sure why we expect them to hold some podunk house rep to a higher standard than the president. They sold their soul 4 years ago, MTG is the first of many. 

So you can understand my issue?  We’ve got a pretty shitty pool to choose from over on the right at the moment. Not sure it will get any better, anytime soon.  

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

How pedo we talking? Smelling little girls and shit?  Yeah, someone like that could be president. 

Ohhh a Workswithseed zinger indeed! Great use of the right wing deflector shield!  I mean, you basically said you support a traitor, moron, who hates Jews, believes in conspiracy theories, harasses school shooting victims, but as long as she votes your way all is cool.  You ever look around the room and wonder why they vote with you and still believe stupid shit?    

3 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I just realized that we are arguing with someone who is not living in reality. So, I'm out and he is on the ignore list.

Lol not living in reality?  Like thinking 74m people are OK with storming the capitol?  Like thinking 74m people are racist? Like claiming 74m people want AOC murdered?  Yeah you are living in reality, sure. 

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Lol not living in reality?  Like thinking 74m people are OK with storming the capitol?  Like thinking 74m people are racist? Like claiming 74m people want AOC murdered?  Yeah you are living in reality, sure. 

How about just 47 or 48 million people? 

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-americas-thinking/537442-poll-64-percent-of-gop-voters-likely-to-join-a-trump-led-3rd?fbclid=IwAR2c2R1Njwbo62ql3SPoOlH6BjbPJn_j_3K91xzE5_FmmpQIv6cCXE9u3tE

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 3

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Fuck. I give up then. No party for me it is, I guess. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

All 74m of the people you're describing are narcissists who can't make the basic connection that their decision not to solve this problem does, in fact, mean they are perfectly OK with it. They're all so full of shit that they can't see what is obvious to everyone else around them. Do you somehow think that merely deciding to file Jan 6th in the "things that are wrong" drawer in one's brain is enough to put somebody on the right side of history? That is narcissism. Nobody gives a shit how people internally taxonomize world events. Our personal opinions about the world around us are of no consequence to anybody else but ourselves. Other people only care about what you do.

Edited by ndawg
  • Hook 'Em 2

59 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

No earthly idea.  250k? 

The AOC “nutty shit” isn’t threatening to murder other members of Congress. 
You have said you don’t support the insurrection while admitting to voting for people who do. That’s called support. So however many people are voting Republican, unless your rep is one of the 11, is supporting the murder of other Congress members.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Pos rep for proper use of the abbreviation of million. 
(Edit, we are both wrong. M is the abbreviation for million).

Edited by Willfully Horn
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

How pedo we talking? Smelling little girls and shit?  Yeah, someone like that could be president.  Both sides indeed. 

Yet again you prove how fucking stupid you are. How about the actual pedo that was the 45th president? Seriously what is your line? Clearly insurrection doesn’t do it so what does?

37 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

So you can understand my issue?  We’ve got a pretty shitty pool to choose from over on the right at the moment. Not sure it will get any better, anytime soon.  

We’ll see there is this voting thing you could do but you’re too concerned about outlawing cattle.

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

I liked “I put on my robe and wizard hat” memes a lot more before it meant putting on actual Klan robes and wizard hats.

The internet of 1999 still lives on in message boards, if you know where to look for it. For instance, even surly's message board software can automatically hide your password by replacing each character with an asterisk just in case you accidentally type it out in a post. Try it an see:

• Haha 4

38 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Yeah, see.....the problem is.....

24 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

.....the number above.  The "war" for the soul of the GOP is over.  By a 2-1 margin, batshittery won.  That's an asskicking.

23 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Fuck. I give up then. No party for me it is, I guess. 

No, it's more than that.  Back up, and look at the fact that one of our major parties is all in on complete batshittery, including supporting the murder of political rivals and violent overthrow of the government.

If you are an American, you do everything you can to oppose that.  Full stop.  It stopped being about policy a while back.  It's now about preserving the Republic.  It's that dire.  And you know it is.

19 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

If your party and beliefs attract and amplify people like MTG, most rational people would do some soul searching on their party and beliefs. Especially coming from the so called party of principle. I somewhat understand republicans that held their nose in 2016 and votes for trump, he was still an unknown quantity and when it comes to the presidency it’s more of a vote for your party platform, not necessarily the person (incumbents excluded).  He was a known piece of shit in 2020, but the R party rode him because he was willing to sell power for abortion judges and shit on brown people. They stopped caring about ethics, fiscal responsibility, big government, and tyranny.  Rs literally chose to sell their party to a lunatic.  Props to them for not even pretending by not having a sham party platform in the run up to 2020.

MTG on the other hand, is an absolute shit freshman in a house that Rs are in the minority.  Her losing her spot on committees does no damage to the R party or the R platform in the house.  Rs can place literally anyone else in their caucus to those seats and no one will blink. Her being expelled from the house entirely does no damage to the R party or their platform in the house. Her bumpkin district will elect another R to replace her, no question.  Even if that wasn’t the case, you went from a minority position to a minority position. Even when served an absolute layup for doing the right thing, they chose to keep riding Trump’s dick. 

The party’s problem isn’t their choice of candidates, it’s the candidates they are choosing. Boberts and MTGs are replacing “normal” republicans. It’s happening because instead of reclaiming the party, principled republicans like you keep choosing the easy path instead of the right one. And that’s why I’m a former Republican. In summary, Rs:

Baddie GIF by Giphy QA

the answer is yes. 

See the bolded.  It's not just time for any "principled Republicans" to leave the Party of Trump Batshittery.  The time has come for any principled AMERICAN, regardless of party affiliation, to fight against a dangerous movement intent on destroying the very thing we all claim to love.  This is no longer about policy.  We don't have that convenience.  This fight is existential.  The Capitol out front, occupied by people openly looking for congressmen to kill, shoulda told ya.  The GOP seating representatives who called for the opposing party leader to get a bullet to the head shoulda told ya.

Jump on the team for the big win, guys.  Join us in fighting to save the damned country from violent nutbars.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ndawg said:

The internet of 1999 still lives on in message boards, if you know where to look for it. For instance, even surly's message board software can automatically hide your password by replacing each character with an asterisk just in case you accidentally type it out in a post. Try it an see:

Cockaholic

Wait that didn’t work. Wtf surly now everyone knows my password.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Cockaholic

Wait that didn’t work. Wtf surly now everyone knows my password.

No, it did. It just shows you your password, since you already know it, but all it shows us are asterisks. Trust me, all we saw was **********.

• Haha 2

Asstastic 

Yeah, mine didn't work either.  

Are people really bagging on AOC for not remembering in precise, minute-by-minute detail what she said happened to her on the day of the Capitol raid? 
I've had a few beers with some of you at gamewatching events and some of you guys, after just a few beers with no jarring events happening around us, can't remember what the fuck happened on the previous Longhorn drive.  

51 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I fucking guarantee you that at least 10% of my high school class is fully on board with the riots.  If that number translates nationally, that's 34 million people.

Fuck you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

No earthly idea.  250k? 

You're a fucking idiot. 

57 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I mean apparently AOC was scared of a cop a hour before the building was breached.

• Fuck You 5