Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

markstanco

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

it's me, the person who gets to decide whether or not you should be scared when a bunch of people who say they want to kill you storming into your office

Personally, I've never been in the same building as people who I absolutely knew would do me harm if they found me. Lucky me, I've never had to play that version of hide and seek. The argument to her "hysteria" is seemingly "It's a big building, and they weren't going to find you." Oh, well okay then. The semantics around all of this would be funny if it wasn't so damned predictable.

• Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I give this post.... the finger.

Yeah but you forget, these are guys that cry when you give them neg rep.  Imagine what they'd do when they actually have to face real life consequences for their willful ignorance.  Fuck around and find out indeed.

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag
  • Hook 'Em 1

What is quite fascinating to me is the ability to rebrand and repackage the same shit and feed it over to the republicans and their fans.   Republicans really are great at recycling shit and getting in line for a human-centipede relationship with their favorite form of hate-entertainment.    How someone could go from Rush to Ben to Jesse and still find it amusing really belies their intellectual simplicity.  

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

It occurs to me that Ocasio-Cortez looks like and acts like the kind of honest political figure that is martyred in a banana republic. In those countries, at least the person at risk knows that her path is a physically courageous one. Could this woman have guessed that she would be hunted in the Capitol by a mob bent on possible murder?

Also, in a banana republic, she would be hunted by the military, the police, or a secret police squad. There, she would rely on the support of citizens to protect her.

Here? It's citizens you have to worry about. 

That she was hunted is perhaps the detail to focus on in this miserable time for the republic. Her car wasn't pulled over on a country road. It was broad daylight at her office. A tiny plurality of GOPs in the House and the Senate are all that will side with Dems against this.

It occured to me at the same moment that the day someone lays hands on Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and she is harmed will be my saddest day as an American. I never pray, but consider this a prayer that it never happens.

We got from here:

spacer.png

to here:

Godspeed, AOC.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nivek said:

I am sure she wasn’t nearly murdered. I mean those terrorists looked like reasonable people that wouldn’t harm a fly, or a cop, or bring a noose and chant about hanging the sitting Vice President.

I think they just wanted to bring her flowers.

Well they broke in because they were rationale. After the fact isn't the time to say well she should have behaved differently. They beat cops with fire extinguishers/whatever was handy and police were armed and the people not targeted. A group of people stocking up on guns and ammo stating they would shoot anybody that broke into their house is now whining her life wasn't in danger is rich and not at all hypocritical. Their argument is so insincere. 

Edited by Mdhorn

9 hours ago, workswithseed said:

Yes, she was in the Cannon building, and her timeline is really off.

It's a long watch for most, but ol' Tim breaks it down well enough. 

Negged for absurd, shakily based quibbling in the name of dishonesty to defame. 

A mob had breeched the Capitol. That means they got through the police. You may recall that police were being pretty rough on persons of color last summer. You may recall that AOC sided, EGADS!, with the people.

Fuck you and beanie head. If you want to go on a lie hunt, there's bigger game out there.

• Hook 'Em 2

51 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Conservatives:

*buys 10 AR-15s to defend themselves against poor people who live 10 miles away*

"AOC is being melodramatic!"

Any female familiar with history is shocked, shocked I tell you.

Someone should hand Senator Upraised Fist from Missouri a bottle of this the next time he is on television crying about people being mean to him on twitter or a few protestors standing on the sidewalk outside his home.

Advertising Motherhood with the Lydia E. Pinkham Medicine ...

Here's a challenge:

Anyone who thinks she blew it all out of proportion, just volunteer to let me kick the shit out of you. I promise not to go too far and kill you. I won't even threaten to kill you. While I'm doing it I'll constantly remind you how actually it's fine because I don't want to kill you.

Afterward, tell everyone here it was actually totally cool and fine.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, workswithseed said:

Ladies and Germs, Workswithseed has come to straighten us all out!  She she really wasn't in any danger from those peaceful protestors who murdered a policeman, threatened and fought with others and declared they were there to kill the sitting Vice President, vandalized the US CAPITOL and stole from the people while they hunted for opposition party members and people who followed the rule of law.    But hey, Tim from facebook say's its all a hoax, so I guess I shouldn't believe my lying eyes and ears.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Here's a challenge:

Anyone who thinks she blew it all out of proportion, just volunteer to let me kick the shit out of you. I promise not to go too far and kill you. I won't even threaten to kill you. While I'm doing it I'll constantly remind you how actually it's fine because I don't want to kill you.

Afterward, tell everyone here it was actually totally cool and fine.

Try again.  

3980e7001b51296657d4fa41958bc436.jpg

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, workswithseed said:

same questions for you, dude. what was your thought process watching this nonsense? what do you think happened on january 6?

41 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

It occurs to me that Ocasio-Cortez looks like and acts like the kind of honest political figure that is martyred in a banana republic. In those countries, at least the person at risk knows that her path is a physically courageous one. Could this woman have guessed that she would be hunted in the Capitol by a mob bent on possible murder?

Also, in a banana republic, she would be hunted by the military, the police, or a secret police squad. There, she would rely on the support of citizens to protect her.

Here? It's citizens you have to worry about. 

That she was hunted is perhaps the detail to focus on in this miserable time for the republic. Her car wasn't pulled over on a country road. It was broad daylight at her office. A tiny plurality of GOPs in the House and the Senate are all that will side with Dems against this.

It occured to me at the same moment that the day someone lays hands on Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and she is harmed will be my saddest day as an American. I never pray, but consider this a prayer that it never happens.

We got from here:

spacer.png

to here:

Godspeed, AOC.

Excellent post.  I don't follow her politics closely even as a NYer, but do like her spirit and believe she's sincere in her political beliefs. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, UncleSonny said:

So (almost) everyone agrees that it was reasonable for her to be terrified by the insurrectionists but some of the discussion is around whether it is fair to say she was "almost murdered" or not. Cool dystopian nightmare we have going. 

It's not great. 

I miss the old internet, when the "edgy" stuff was just pointless and mildly offensive but mostly harmless nonsense. Now the kids (and Republicans in their 50s who still act like children) think it's cool to be nazis for the lulz.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, UncleSonny said:

So (almost) everyone agrees that it was reasonable for her to be terrified by the insurrectionists but some of the discussion is around whether it is fair to say she was "almost murdered" or not. Cool dystopian nightmare we have going. 

That's exactly where we are.  They think that the important thing to discuss is the precise line of where "almost" lies when it comes to the phrase "almost murdered."

She could say -- and DID say, accurately -- that she was being hunted.  By people who openly stated they wanted to harm her.  Because they oppose her politically.

We don't have to go any further than that.  That is fucking horrifying, and proves beyond any shadow of a doubt that we are a broken fucking country, and fucking insane people on the right are the ones who fucking broke it.

So how do they respond?  By arguing the semantics.  "Sure, he shot at you, but he missed by 10 feet.  You weren't 'almost' murdered!"  Masters of distraction and deception to do anything they can to take the public eye off of the ADMITTED (I mean, seriously -- these are the words of the insurrectionists themselves) hunting of elected officials for the purpose of harming them because the hunters disagree with their politics.

That is what the GRs and workswithseeds are trying to distract from.  And they are trying to distract us from that because they are DEFENDING it.  Distraction is a defense.  The right has become a murderous death cult.  And their sole defense is "we haven't succeeded in killing any politicians....yet."

• Hook 'Em 7

31 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Excellent post.  I don't follow her politics closely even as a NYer, but do like her spirit and believe she's sincere in her political beliefs. 

Ya know, this is what it's all about. This is the very foundation of civil discourse in a republic. You may be a former Republican with no home at the moment. I can't be sure of that, but there are many here. I vote Dem, but I have the same feeling about those people. They're sincere and sometimes they're right.

I've said it often and mean it; we need the conservative influence on government. Obviously not the hate the ebil libs version of conservatism but the reluctance to spend money and limit the power of government version. There are times that I would cross over and vote with that version.

So, excellent post yourself, my friend.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

They understand it. It's just that they take glee in it.

agree.

They run around in armed groups playing soldier and thinking nothing of it (personal responsibility may be a slogan they throw around, but they do not understand the concept). They don't care, until one of their seditious buddies - who craves a race war - pops a cap in someone and says - "it's do or die now; we are all in this together."

Sociopathic toddlers running with scissors.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

agree.

They run around in armed groups playing soldier and thinking nothing of it (personal responsibility may be a slogan they throw around, but they do not understand the concept). They don't care, until one of their seditious buddies - who craves a race war - pops a cap in someone and says - "it's do or die now; we are all in this together."

Sociopathic toddlers running with scissors.

I wasn't talking about militiamen, I was talking about the conservative posters who hide out in DT most of the time.

• Hook 'Em 1

Every workswithseed  post is a 20 minute YouTube video of that dipshit because he has no original thoughts to type on his own. And its always us that have the burden to watch the video to “learn something new.”

FFS, the second your crutch of posting YouTube videos is gone, will you use some critical thinking you’ve been hiding from the board?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

I had to go see what I could find of Tim Pool. 

On a February episode of his show called “Feminist politics has made dating nearly impossible,” the former Vice News writer lamented that at the ripe old age of 33, he still doesn’t have a family, whereas his father had two kids by the time he was 27.

“You know what the problem is though, it’s definitely not me,” Pool said. “I think it’s everybody else.”

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/tim-pool-single-feminism/

Hmmm

Yeah, that is an indicator that his grip on reality is tenuous. I feel fairly confident he's full of shit.

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Ya know, this is what it's all about. This is the very foundation of civil discourse in a republic. You may be a former Republican with no home at the moment. I can't be sure of that, but there are many here. I vote Dem, but I have the same feeling about those people. They're sincere and sometimes they're right.

I've said it often and mean it; we need the conservative influence on government. Obviously not the hate the ebil libs version of conservatism but the reluctance to spend money and limit the power of government version. There are times that I would cross over and vote with that version.

So, excellent post yourself, my friend.

Joe Biden is the conservative in government.  Mitt Romney is another conservative in government.  We need more liberal members and a whole lot less wackjobs and dipshits.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

It occured to me at the same moment that the day someone lays hands on Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and she is harmed will be my saddest day as an American.

Sadder than when Kennedy’s brains were transplanted onto his wife?  His brother?  Reagan. Or when several others have taken a literal bullet for their political beliefs over the last 40 years, up to and including a couple years ago at a fucking softball game.  

• hayden_horn changed the title to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
11 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Sadder than when Kennedy’s brains were transplanted onto his wife?  His brother?  Reagan. Or when several others have taken a literal bullet for their political beliefs over the last 40 years, up to and including a couple years ago at a fucking softball game.  

Try using some brain power and get back to us on the differences between what he’s talking about and what you said. 

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Yes. I was alive for all of those although a child for Kennedy.

A vast plurality of Americans had not advocated the actions you describe in advance. A vast plurality did not condone those actions afterwards. No member of Congress had advocated shooting JFK in the head.

None of those actions pointed to the death of the republic.

See the difference?

yeah, talk about a weird whatabout. jeez.

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

You justify it the way you need to.  All I did was list politicians that were almost murdered. 

by lone wolf nutjobs, not by a screaming insane mob storming the fucking capitol building. lone wolf nutjobs are very different than a radical political movement embraced by millions.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, hayden_horn said:

yeah, talk about a weird whatabout. jeez.

It’s not a whatabout.  He made a specific statement about what would be his “saddest day in America”. Not 9/11, not political figures who have given their life for their beliefs.  It was the “day someone lays hands on AOC”.   I’m not the one who oddly specific.   The person shouldn’t matter. I’d love to go back and get some of yalls hot tales from the ballgame a few years ago. Wonder if you’d stand behind them today. 

Just now, fattyflattie said:

It’s not a whatabout.  He made a specific statement about what would be his “saddest day in America”. Not 9/11, not political figures who have given their life for their beliefs.  It was the “day someone lays hands on AOC”.   I’m not the one who oddly specific.   The person shouldn’t matter. I’d love to go back and get some of yalls hot tales from the ballgame a few years ago. Wonder if you’d stand behind them today. 

I can tell you that Jan 6th was my saddest day as an American. Previously it was 9/11. Seeing the end of the peaceful transition of power was a pretty big deal imo.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

The person in this case only matters in this discussion because half of the country supports her murder. Which was his point. This isn’t hard dude.

• Hook 'Em 1