Why Biden Can't Get In With The Young Voters at UT

WBT

On 4/29/2024 at 7:53 PM, jimmyjazz said:

This is 100% correct.  I've had the conversations, multiple times, with at least a couple of dozen new voters.  They won't vote for Trump, but they won't vote for Biden, either.  I'm talking smart, educated students, but they're naive and unaware of the nuance of what is going on.  Biden will suffer because of it.

They don’t sound very smart. 

When progressives play too hard to get all they do is push democratic candidates to go hunt votes from the swayable center. 

11 hours ago, scottsins said:

He could get behind legalizing weed, and they would suddenly set aside Palestine issues, etc.

Just announced the recommendation to move it from schedule 1 to 3. 

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

biden is suffering because he doesn't give a fuck about young people and young people issues

"biden is suffering because he doesn't give a fuck about young people and young people issues" might be the dumbest thing I've read on this site. Seriously, are you 12?

Biden's got the largest country in the history of the world to run. An 18 year old's issues are, and should be, low on the list. 

Fuck them if they don't want to vote for Biden. Fuck you if you don't. Trump is what you deserve. v2 won't be as dismissive or decent as v1. 

That will show him! Fucking morons. 

Houses aren't going to get less expensive under Trump. Human rights aren't going to get more expansive under trump. 

Critical thinking stopped at gen...fuck if I know. Gen X? People got dumb as fuck. 

Edited by Welshy
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Welshy said:

"biden is suffering because he doesn't give a fuck about young people and young people issues" might be the dumbest thing I've read on this site. Seriously, are you 12?

Biden's got the largest country in the history of the world to run. An 18 year old's issues are, and should be, low on the list. 

Fuck them if they don't want to vote for Biden. Fuck you if you don't. Trump is what you deserve. v2 won't be as dismissive or decent as v1. 

Houses aren't going to get less expensive under Trump. Human rights aren't going to get more expansive under trump. 

Critical thinking stopped at gen...fuck if I know. Gen X? People got dumb as fuck. 

You’re not wrong, but Hayden is a Biden voter as far as I know. He said something dumb, we can all agree, but he will still do the right thing in November I’m sure.  Let’s not attack our own. And by “our” I mean the not-batshit crazies that won’t vote for Trump. Shits fucked up man. I get it. And it’s the internet. 

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, Welshy said:

It's that damn Johnson, man!

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, hookem2010 said:

I'm starting to think maybe people were always very dumb, but prior to the internet, only a select few were able to prove it to the masses. Now, we're all trying to drop the hottest takes on TikTok, and our idiocy is really starting to shine through.

People have always been dumb. Dumb is what we do. If your IQ is 105 you're smarter than average. Think about that for a bit. 105. 

11 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

You’re not wrong, but Hayden is a Biden voter as far as I know. He said something dumb, we can all agree, but he will still do the right thing in November I’m sure.  Let’s not attack our own. And by “our” I mean the not-batshit crazies that won’t vote for Trump. Shits fucked up man. I get it. And it’s the internet. 

Fair. 

27 minutes ago, hookem2010 said:

I'm starting to think maybe people were always very dumb, but prior to the internet, only a select few were able to prove it to the masses. Now, we're all trying to drop the hottest takes on TikTok, and our idiocy is really starting to shine through.

And spreading from idiot to idiot.  Or idoit to idiot.

• Rage+1 1

Holy shit, like I know half the country is braindead and agree, but it’s still jarring to see someone actually type or say that they think Trump has even an ounce of honesty in him, like seriously, the human brain is seriously regressing.

• Drool 1

9 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

when everyone is telling you that you are being crazy, you're probably being crazy and should take a step back

sorry yall. end of the month stress got to me.  misplaced frustration all around.

special apology to @SydneyCarton for my prickly defensiveness

No apologies necessary, buddy. I almost sent you a PM to see if you were doing all right. And it's not like I'm not an asshole. We all say stupid shit on the internet sometimes. 

• Hook 'Em 5

On 4/30/2024 at 7:24 AM, hayden_horn said:

biden saving union jobs in the Midwest looks and sounds good to boomers but we all kind of know that ship has sailed and young people cannot at all identify with that kind of thing when they and their friends are getting the old shareholder value layoffs. 

union jobs lol. 

How high were you when you wrote this.

When I was in college, a president cancelling student loan debt and legalizing weed would have been basically implementing my entire platform.

Theres some fucked up shit happening in Gaza so it’s good people are worked up about it.  And Biden should address it.  But anyone who doesn’t vote for him because of that issue is a fucking dumbass, considering the context that he is in a close election with an opponent who wants to be a dictator.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Feel free to provide examples. 

Not that there is any real need but I will indulge you since you seem to be so ignorant......... I know you aren't ignorant, you are an intelligent individual whom is just trying (I assume) to get a rise out of me and get your fellow CR junkies riled up here in your pristine little echo chamber.

This is a fairly long video that may not be able maintain the groups attention span. I chose this because he equally bashes Trump for the same thing you appear to believe Joe Biden doesn't do.

Just a few others off the top of my head.

• Vaccines are safe and effective
  • Covid started in a wet market
  • Masks prevent the spread of covid
  • 6ft apart prevents the spread of covid
  • If you get the vaccine, you can't get or spread covid
  • Uncle Bosie was a pilot that got shot down and eaten by cannibals (Recent Biden)
  • Rode across the Francis Scott Key bridge via train many, many times. (Recent Biden)
  • He saved 6 people from drowning while a lifeguard(Biden)
  • Joe Biden was a civil rights icon, raised in the black, Puerto Rican, Jewish, Greek, Italian, Catholic and polish communities. Which is is, It can't be all of them?
  • Joe Biden was once a generational athlete
  • Jo Biden was a Truck Driver(someone once gave him a ride in one)
  • Bloodbathgate 
  • The Hunter Biden laptop was Russian disinformation
  • Alpha Bank collusion
  • Trump Campaign wasn't spied on
  • Steele dossier being factual

I could go on but why bother?

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 16

1 minute ago, G650 said:

Is this guy the moronic motherfucker immamac is friends with.

Totally forgot about that. I think you’re right. Makes so much more sense now. I was like:

who is that GIF

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, South Austin said:

It's been posted elsewhere, and there's probably a small amount of young voters who listen to David Sideris, much less know who he is, but he said it best:

spacer.png

What blows my mind is a huge chunk of this country, literally millions of people, think that Trump is the chicken in this scenario.

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Name change or has he always gone by this one?

Same name. He just doesn't post in CR unless he needs to indulge in a periodic humiliation fetish that he clearly must have.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Name change or has he always gone by this one?

This is toxic to even ask. Permabanned

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Not that there is any real need but I will indulge you since you seem to be so ignorant......... I know you aren't ignorant, you are an intelligent individual whom is just trying (I assume) to get a rise out of me and get your fellow CR junkies riled up here in your pristine little echo chamber.

Ya, it's a bit of an echo chamber in here - but it's one based on facts, science, medicine, data, empathy, etc... Not based on an orange goon and a bunch of shock jocks saying shit like "just look for yourself" or "the conclusion is obvious" as if that's an acceptable final word. There is no high road for you take here - that orange goon led echo chamber is the one you live in.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, dieucla98 said:

Ya, it's a bit of an echo chamber in here - but it's one based on facts, science, medicine, data, empathy, etc... Not based on an orange goon and a bunch of shock jocks saying shit like "just look for yourself" or "the conclusion is obvious" as if that's an acceptable final word. There is no high road for you take here - that orange goon led echo chamber is the one you live in.

Shame on us for not being more agreeable with 9/11 truthers.

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

This is a fairly long video that may not be able maintain the groups attention span. I chose this because he equally bashes Trump for the same thing you appear to believe Joe Biden doesn't do.

• Uncle Bosie was a pilot that got shot down and eaten by cannibals (Recent Biden)
  • Rode across the Francis Scott Key bridge via train many, many times. (Recent Biden)
  • Joe Biden was a civil rights icon, raised in the black, Puerto Rican, Jewish, Greek, Italian, Catholic and polish communities. Which is is, It can't be all of them?
  • Bloodbathgate 
  • Alpha Bank collusion

Wow. A list of conspiracy theories and you used a source who is a noted Conspiracy Theorist and who sold horse paste during covid. And who also is a shill for Russian propoganda. Yikes dude. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

Your first post plus this one to back it up are really not good. Your point of Joe Biden being a piece of shit politician and bullshit artist are completely drowned out by comparing him to Trump, who is not a lifelong politician. 

Trump is in every way incomparable to Biden on this front. Trump actually, on live TV that nearly everyone in the US watched daily to hear the leader of the country give an update on the life altering global pandemic that was happening said to inject bleach because it kills covid. That’s a supreme level of stupid we will never surpass and is a fair and fine representation of the standard communication and messaging from him, it’s not an outlier it’s the norm. 

Biden has some moments in sure he has been caught bullshitting or pandering. He’s a politician it’s part of the game and he’s played it for longer than damn near everyone alive at this point, but you miss the point that he RETIRED. HE DIDNT WANT TO DO ANY OF THIS SHIT. 

Imagine being in Joe Bidens position right now where all he wants to do is be senile eat ice cream and creepily smell his grandkids heads, but no some lunatic wants to actually name himself dictator so he has to come out of retirement to win an election with his mush brain to save America from itself because no one else in the Democratic Party can actually swallow the shit pill of being president of everyone, not just the people that voted for him. 

Hillary Clinton’s deplorables comment is a good representation of why most democratic candidates put forward are incapable of doing what Joe Biden did. Joe Biden has yet to reject anything but the negative ideals that some people may support and hasn’t outright rejected any American in any of his campaigning, to do that in a country of 300M+ there is a requirement to pander. 

I’d bet a ton of money on Joe Biden being absolutely fucking miserable, but feeling a sense of duty and responsibility to the country that he’s seen do so much good in his life that he’s going to fucking die in office instead of in obscurity with his family. 

Joe was doing what everyone wants trump to do. Fuck off, but because trump is a piece of shit human and the biggest attention whore of modern times we can’t just have a normal election based on pandering and politics. 

You're not going to address his rampant conspiracy theories?

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

You're not going to address his rampant conspiracy theories?

Being stupid isn’t why those posts were bad and you know it. It’s just easy to pick on. 

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

Your first post plus this one to back it up are really not good. Your point of Joe Biden being a piece of shit politician and bullshit artist are completely drowned out by comparing him to Trump, who is not a lifelong politician. 

Trump is in every way incomparable to Biden on this front. Trump actually, on live TV that nearly everyone in the US watched daily to hear the leader of the country give an update on the life altering global pandemic that was happening said to inject bleach because it kills covid. That’s a supreme level of stupid we will never surpass and is a fair and fine representation of the standard communication and messaging from him, it’s not an outlier it’s the norm. 

Biden has some moments in sure he has been caught bullshitting or pandering. He’s a politician it’s part of the game and he’s played it for longer than damn near everyone alive at this point, but you miss the point that he RETIRED. HE DIDNT WANT TO DO ANY OF THIS SHIT. 

Imagine being in Joe Bidens position right now where all he wants to do is be senile eat ice cream and creepily smell his grandkids heads, but no some lunatic wants to actually name himself dictator so he has to come out of retirement to win an election with his mush brain to save America from itself because no one else in the Democratic Party can actually swallow the shit pill of being president of everyone, not just the people that voted for him. 

Hillary Clinton’s deplorables comment is a good representation of why most democratic candidates put forward are incapable of doing what Joe Biden did. Joe Biden has yet to reject anything but the negative ideals that some people may support and hasn’t outright rejected any American in any of his campaigning, to do that in a country of 300M+ there is a requirement to pander. 

I’d bet a ton of money on Joe Biden being absolutely fucking miserable, but feeling a sense of duty and responsibility to the country that he’s seen do so much good in his life that he’s going to fucking die in office instead of in obscurity with his family. 

Joe was doing what everyone wants trump to do. Fuck off, but because trump is a piece of shit human and the biggest attention whore of modern times we can’t just have a normal election based on pandering and politics. 

Goddamnit, I hate it when people make me defend Hillary. This is what her full comment actually was:

know there are only 60 days left to make our case – and don't get complacent; don't see the latest outrageous, offensive, inappropriate comment and think, "Well, he's done this time." We are living in a volatile political environment.

You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. (Laughter/applause) Right? (Laughter/applause) They're racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic – you name it. And unfortunately, there are people like that. And he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people – now have 11 million. He tweets and retweets their offensive hateful mean-spirited rhetoric. Now, some of those folks – they are irredeemable, but thankfully, they are not America.

But the "other" basket – the other basket – and I know because I look at this crowd I see friends from all over America here: I see friends from Florida and Georgia and South Carolina and Texas and – as well as, you know, New York and California – but that "other" basket of people are people who feel the government has let them down, the economy has let them down, nobody cares about them, nobody worries about what happens to their lives and their futures; and they're just desperate for change. It doesn't really even matter where it comes from. They don't buy everything he says, but – he seems to hold out some hope that their lives will be different. They won't wake up and see their jobs disappear, lose a kid to heroin, feel like they're in a dead-end. Those are people we have to understand and empathize with as well.

She was saying basically what Biden has always said: that Trump has brought fascism back, but that many who support him and/or might vote for him aren't fascist and that we should empathize with their concerns.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, immamac said:

Being stupid isn’t why those posts were bad and you know it. It’s just easy to pick on. 

He's literally citing lies and untruths as an illustration that Joe Biden is a liar. I'm pretty sure that adds to making his bad posts worse. 

• Hook 'Em 8

14 minutes ago, immamac said:

I'm going to disagree. The fact that all of his Biden "lies" are either severe misrepresentation of the facts, grounded in whacko conspiracy theories, or simply lies themselves is the primary reason why his post his bad. His conclusion that Biden is just as bad or worse than Trump stems from his belief in his provable false listing of "lies." The conclusion wouldn't be so bad if he actually had a listing of bad conduct by Biden somewhat similar to Trump's bad conduct. 

• Hook 'Em 8

1 hour ago, Longhornlove said:

• Bloodbathgate 
  • Alpha Bank collusion

image.gif

P.S. You're a moron. This is @NowThis-like Surly self-immolation.

• Hook 'Em 4