People don't read anything and it's pissing me off

Sandman

Why can't people actually read shit? I don't mean books and screenplays, I mean shit that they need to fill out, sign and turn in to someone. I can't even count how many forms I see at work every day where the sender either flat didn't read it or they're too stupid to comprehend what they read. And this isn't some required bureaucratic government bullshit forms, this is crap that these people are doing voluntarily. 

The form asks for the complete residential address, including your county. I never knew so many motherfuckers lived in "USA" county. The form is labeled "No PO Box will be accepted", so of course people scribble in a PO box and get pissed when they get their form back in the mail. Here's a phone call about our website that I get multiple times per day: "It says to type my name and email address to continue. What do I do now?".  And a hearty fuck you to people that don't have the necessary info we need and when asked for it, just shrug and say "I dunno". How about you prepare yourself before you call or show up and act like you needed this yesterday?

Slow down and read shit before you fill it out, assholes. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Why can't people actually read shit? I don't mean books and screenplays, I mean shit that they need to fill out, sign and turn in to someone. I can't even count how many forms I see at work every day where the sender either flat didn't read it or they're too stupid to comprehend what they read. And this isn't some required bureaucratic government bullshit forms, this is crap that these people are doing voluntarily. 

The form asks for the complete residential address, including your county. I never knew so many motherfuckers lived in "USA" county. The form is labeled "No PO Box will be accepted", so of course people scribble in a PO box and get pissed when they get their form back in the mail. Here's a phone call about our website that I get multiple times per day: "It says to type my name and email address to continue. What do I do now?".  And a hearty fuck you to people that don't have the necessary info we need and when asked for it, just shrug and say "I dunno". How about you prepare yourself before you call or show up and act like you needed this yesterday?

I think that instead of this long post bitching about America and the weather, you should work on your reading comprehension.

• Like 1

I'll be that guy. If there are instructions that are regularly being ignored or misunderstood such as the county vs country issue, the problem is in the communication.

If it's a paper form, something as simple as: county (e.g. Orange County) would clear it up, especially if it's something localized so you can use an easily recognizable example. 

If it's web based, there's no reason it couldnt be a drop down menu for the counties or something that automatically fills it out. 

You'll never filter out all the mistaken responses, but if it's a regular problem, it's on your end. If you expect the general public to ever know what they're doing with things they rarely do, you're bound to be frustrated.

4 minutes ago, Mole said:

If you expect the general public to ever know what they're doing with things they rarely do, you're bound to be frustrated.

The people who have ambition are the ones who fail the drug test.

The ones with less ambition fail to show up for the drug test.

Most people don't even get that far.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Mole said:

I'll be that guy. If there are instructions that are regularly being ignored or misunderstood such as the county vs country issue, the problem is in the communication.

If it's a paper form, something as simple as: county (e.g. Orange County) would clear it up, especially if it's something localized so you can use an easily recognizable example. 

If it's web based, there's no reason it couldnt be a drop down menu for the counties or something that automatically fills it out. 

You'll never filter out all the mistaken responses, but if it's a regular problem, it's on your end. If you expect the general public to ever know what they're doing with things they rarely do, you're bound to be frustrated.

Counterpoint: I live and work in Oklahoma.

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

The form asks for the complete residential address, including your county. I never knew so many motherfuckers lived in "USA" county. The form is labeled "No PO Box will be accepted", so of course people scribble in a PO box and get pissed when they get their form back in the mail.

I'll say this much. It makes it real easy to sort through job applications.

I have specific forms for title transfers that the state requires when person to person sales are made out of office. I give a list of all the documents that we'll need and copies of each document. 5 times out of 10 they sign it wrong even with specific highlighted spots where they need to sign. We are a stupid people.

Too long. Didn’t read.
  • Haha 1