Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

16 minutes ago, BurntOrangeCrush said:

Yeah, I am watching College Football Live with Pollack and Mack Brown. They all agree that Meyer will keep his job. Maybe get suspended for a few games. Pollack insinuated that he should lose his job but believes he keeps it.

Mack is obviously friends with Urban. He talked about he made a mistake at the press conference and apologized. Also talked about how Urban is a great dad and husband.

So there's that.

Something something transitive property, Mack Brown supports domestic violence.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rynosauri said:

Something something transitive property, Mack Brown supports domestic violence.

That’s no transitive property. I witnessed Bob Stoops go upside his head multiple times yet Mack just curled up in the fetal position year after year. 

All I could conclude is that he liked it. 

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

don't strain yourselves trying to figure this one out, it's not hard, Ohio State opens with Oregon State and then plays Rutgers. then the next week they play TCU at JerryWorld. It will be a two-game suspension. He's not getting fired and he is not getting a suspension that extends into the meat of the schedule. 

pearls will be clutched though I can tell you that much

Yeah. I'd like to point out that I've been dead wrong on this one. I assumed Tosu would have fired him "for the good of the institution".

I am learning that there is no good at the institution. 

13 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Yeah. I'd like to point out that I've been dead wrong on this one. I assumed Tosu would have fired him "for the good of the institution".

I am learning that there is no good at the institution. 

what you are learning is that there probably aren't any universities, ours included, that are likely to fire a coach who goes 73-8 on a knee jerk

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

what you are learning is that there probably aren't any universities, ours included, that are likely to fire a coach who goes 73-8 on a knee jerk

This is why I’ve maintained from the beginning that they aren’t going to fire him. He’s 73-8 and that’s all the state of Ohio cares about which is really sad. 

7 minutes ago, Bogeywon said:

This is why I’ve maintained from the beginning that they aren’t going to fire him. He’s 73-8 and that’s all the state of Ohio cares about which is really sad. 

This is my contention, too.  They are busting their asses keeping him going.  They're gonna have to find a lot more shit around his toilet to jettison him.  

Tells you as much about what a fucked up place Ohio is as what a fucked up person Urban is.

How much can the victim rake pOSU over the coals here? Does she have a cause? Does her SoL get extended based on Urban's hiding this (if applicable)? Or is the only real threat here that of pissing off the minority in Ohio who care and the angry mobs elsewhere who hate them anyway?

On 8/3/2018 at 3:27 PM, Hiphopopotamos said:

You only have to be "adequately prepared" when you are getting your stories aligned.  Next up at 5, Zsmith Tells his side of things.  .   

In other news, urban Meyer hires a guy to clean his pool for 6 figures a year.   Story at 10.

For any Longhorn who made the trip in 2005 - or any Michigan alum, ever - the reaction from OSU alums/student body/shitty Columbus rabble comes as absolutely no surprise.  There are some nice folks up there, but they don't have much to do with OSU.  OSU is Arky with better public relations reps.

• Like 1

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2018/08/95015/powell-police-chief-explains-changes-in-offense-reports-says-zach-smith-was-never-arrested-in-2015

This became controversial in large part because McMurphy reported before Urban Meyer’s interviews at Big Ten Media Days that Zach Smith was “arrested Oct. 26, 2015 by the Powell (Ohio) Police Department on felony counts of domestic violence and felonious assault against Courtney Smith,” while McMurphy later changed that report to say that Zach was only investigated for those offenses, citing a police report that was released to the media on July 24 – just hours after Meyer denied knowledge of the 2015 incident – that did not indicate that Smith was arrested.

You can read the rest.  According the the police chief, he was NOT arrested or cuffed or anything in 2015.  So...technically...Urby was kinda right when he said, "We looked (for the 2015 incident) and there was nothing.

Don't shoot the messenger here guys.  Just reporting what's being said.

14 minutes ago, Parliament said:

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2018/08/95015/powell-police-chief-explains-changes-in-offense-reports-says-zach-smith-was-never-arrested-in-2015

This became controversial in large part because McMurphy reported before Urban Meyer’s interviews at Big Ten Media Days that Zach Smith was “arrested Oct. 26, 2015 by the Powell (Ohio) Police Department on felony counts of domestic violence and felonious assault against Courtney Smith,” while McMurphy later changed that report to say that Zach was only investigated for those offenses, citing a police report that was released to the media on July 24 – just hours after Meyer denied knowledge of the 2015 incident – that did not indicate that Smith was arrested.

You can read the rest.  According the the police chief, he was NOT arrested or cuffed or anything in 2015.  So...technically...Urby was kinda right when he said, "We looked (for the 2015 incident) and there was nothing.

Disregard the 2009 arrest while on urbans staff, for domestic violence with the same girl.  Something obviously happened in 2015 and apparently several other times, pointing to a serious, ongoing problem.   But sure, he can take the approach that each individual incident is independent from the others, which they are.   Speaks highly of his character.

• Like 1

The report was recently changed. It originally was marked as being arrested. They went back and changed it last week.

I wouldn't shoot Parliament, but where is that douche who (to his credit) started an IRL rally at Penn State featuring Franco Harris, and was later banned from Shaggy for some other thing? Can we talk about how pretty much every major program has a vocal minority of fucking morons? We don't need 500 pages of whatever these bozos are doing

Also FWIW, USA Today's Wolken said Zeke Elliott's dad was at this rally

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

Jerry Sandusky wasn't arrested until 2011...  dress it up all they want, but it won't fly in the court of opinions aka civil arena or their reputation aka secondary financial losses. 

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

So, if there's nothing there, why is Urbs suspended?  If it's that trivial, you don't suspend a SITTING NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING CORCH.

• bob in houston changed the title to Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games