Jalen Hurts not happy; grad transfers to OU

Machinator

What made KM so deadly, IMO, was a combination of traits. 1. He was accurate, even after a play broke down. 2. He had good awareness. He knew when he needed to scramble, where to go, and where he could throw it. 3. He was fast. To beat him, you needed a pass rush, contain, and coverage, all at the same time. And he was operating behind a pretty salty line. Hurts may be all those things, and the line may protect him every bit as well, but I doubt it. Hurts is good, but I am more confident about the OU game than I have been since Colt.

And Lincoln Riley was out there and Bob Stoops got him. Our coaches couldn’t see it. I hope we are finally out of that dark wilderness we’ve been in for way too long. I also hope we don’t have to play OU twice next year. 

If the outcomes were reversed, I’d love it. I’d love it even more if we beat them twice.

48 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Hurts is not the sudden athlete Murray is but he is every bit as fast in a straight line.  And no he’s not as accurate but can probably throw it farther.    I think the need to read coverages in that offense is overstated.  The playcalling does most of the work.  Hurts has the tools to make that offense go at a high clip.  

I agree but there is one difference. He doesn't have the Alabama defense behind him. At Bama, he knew that the opposing team probably wouldn't get to 20 points. Now its a different ballgame and he may be faced with more pressure situations than he's used to. 

The Sam Ehlinger thread should be proof enough that whatever this board thinks about a QB, the opposite will probably come true.
"That Aikman is gooner bum! Trade his ass so Steve Walsh can take us to the Super Bowl!"

- Paco, 1989

I sure was looking forward to face a RRS virgin that doesn't have experience in a big time rivalry game, but alas, it wasn't meant to be. It's a good pickup for them.

OU Sucks.
Rectum Rimming Sucker you are?

Hurts has never been in a game like The Texas/OU game. Bama doesn't play a game like that. Nor one like Bedlam.
  • Like 2

Hurts has not seen a game like the OU game, but he has seen Bama at LSU and Bama at Auburn. Those are above average on the ruckus scale, from what I hear.
Neither are Texas OU or Bedlam. Also that largest coctail party fraud, fucking blows. SEC doesnt really have any game on the level of Texas OU. They do have a shitton of little sisters of the poor scrimmages. You punch Hurts in the mouf and he wiil fold up like the sec sec sec pussy he is.
  • Like 2

On 1/9/2019 at 5:45 PM, UTEX90 said:

2.  At some point being know as a school/coach who gets mercenary QBs/Players is going to end up biting you in the ass.  Either in recruiting or continuity of the players.

catching up on this thread.

isn't this what burglar has been doing forever?  70% of the best cheating burglar teams were defectors from the state of Texas.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Hurts just doesn’t move the needle for me. I always tend to take Bama QBs with a grain of salt. OU asks a lot out of thier QB unlike Bama. I’m not sure Jalen can handle that load but we’ll see

They ask that of transfers, not just part of freshman hazing?

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

catching up on this thread.

isn't this what burglar has been doing forever?  70% of the best cheating burglar teams were defectors from the state of Texas.

The defecting out of state will always be a thing.  What is new is going out and recruiting players and bringing in transfer mercenaries to play over them.   A stud QB would really have to think about their opportunity to play for a coach that keeps taking the grad transfer who rolls in for one year and takes your opportunity to play.  I don't even know what you tell them if you are Riley.

4 minutes ago, Machinator said:

You're on the wrong board, then.

Should have clarified: smack talk about future performances by individual players, there is never enough shit to spread when discussing OU as a team however.

Hurts as a gooner is unknown, some of the shine has come off the  Saban Alabama Turd however in their exposure and vulnerabilities vs Clemson. Operating behind a better than serviceable OL makes lots of QBs look better than they really are.

I am pretty curious about getting a year with the playbook. Will he be a more traditional OU qb and gobble a bag of dicks? ...or Will he go above and beyond and chow down on a whole barrel of dicks? I disagree with some of you. I think he is a two dimensional guy where he not only takes the whole shaft but he also doesn’t forget the balls.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

So...

https://247sports.com/college/oklahoma/Article/Oklahoma-coach-Lincoln-Riley-upfront-with-five-star-quarterback-Spencer-Rattler-regarding-Jalen-Hurts-transfer-127934979/

Coach Riley called me, he’s always upfront with me and keeps it real and said he’s looking at a couple guys and Jalen Hurts is visiting soon. He said we need an older quarterback in the room and I have no problem with that and I agree with him.”

Darn, another talking point debunked.

Edited by 47Straight
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

So what does it do for the SECSEC superiority narrative if Hurts fails at OU sucks?   He is following in the footsteps of their two greatest of all time Heisman douchebags.  I will laugh my ass off if his inaccurate passing and new inexperienced OL makes him look like a poor man's Malik Zaire.  

Edited by lemonandaturd

56 minutes ago, 47Straight said:

You seem terribly confused.  The same source said different things at different times.  Both statements can easily be true.  Riley lied before and leveled with the kid later.  Unless you're promoting another conspiracy theory where Wiltfong is only lying when he makes OU look bad.

I get that the education in Norman is poor.  So logic isn't your strong suit.  Just try to show a little bit of consistency.

Edited by sushihorn
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, sushihorn said:

You seem terribly confused.  The same source said different things at different times.  Both statements can easily be true.  Riley lied before and leveled with the kid later.  Unless you're promoting another conspiracy theory where Wiltfong is only lying when he makes OU look bad.

I get that the education in Norman is poor.  So logic isn't your strong suit.  Just try to show a little bit of consistency.

But the circumstances that led OU to seek a transfer QB were totally new after signing day, man. How could Riley have known that a starter who already was contractually obligated to leave would leave or that the backup would be upset by Riley’s flirting with QBs in the portal? Come on!

Riley played Rattler, and Rattler went along like a teenage girl hearing pickup lines for the first time.

5 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

But the circumstances that led OU to seek a transfer QB were totally new after signing day, man. How could Riley have known that a starter who already was contractually obligated to leave would leave or that the backup would be upset by Riley’s flirting with QBs in the portal? Come on!

Riley played Rattler, and Rattler went along like a teenage girl hearing pickup lines for the first time.

Fuck them all!  OU sucks.

https://thebiglead.com/2019/01/16/jalen-hurts-will-be-a-unique-test-for-lincoln-riley/

I don't know why I read this article, but this part really brought the lulz:

Everything Riley touches (at quarterback) turns to gold. What’s more, Hurts won’t have to worry about SEC defenses every week. He may have his limitations, but Riley seems likely to amplify his strengths.

See you at the cotton bowl, bitch

• Like 4