Alabama announcing $600 million in upgrades

Shmitty

46 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

Alabama learning the cost of keeping up with aggy in the SEC SEC SEC!!!

Actually, Bama is following CDC's vision.   Bama is DOWNSIZING its capacity, adding a larger jumbo screen in one end zone, adding more suites and, listen to this, adding field-level suites in one of the end zones,  Sound familar?   They recognize the need to add quality experiences vs just more seats.  Hmmm.  Wonder how long they drooled over Texas' designs?  Meanwhile at collie station, all they are concerned with is adding more seats and steps that go no where.  Bama KNOWS a lot more about the future than does poor old aggy.

50 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Saban is donating $1M to the building project.....why couldn't he donate money to the academic side, while he's at it?

he was not hired to coach English!

and I am not sure Bama is reducing seating because Texas is not looking to add more seats I just think they both know that a lot of dumb shits will pay a lot of money for shitty seats as long as there are "amenities" and those people will show up 30 minutes late and leave 45 minutes early, but you can take a lot of money off of them while they are there even if they have no clue what the score is

They do continue to be one of the Top 200 universities in the nation with respect to their Psychology Department.  You can't just buy your way into academic prowess.  I love the fact that SEC fans think that one "University of (insert state name here)" is just as good as the next.  That's not how life works.  I envy their football program but a good college, they are not.  I realize that doesn't mean much to some.  So I'll take the neg rep.  But damn, I wouldn't mind some of their football success.  

10 hours ago, Stunns38 said:

But but, they’ll have a 150,000 seating capacity to match their 150,000 enrollment diploma mill when they buy out Blinn. Whoop!

At the rate aggy is spending themselves into oblivion, Blinn will end up buying them out.

• Like 1