Texas & Alabama discussing home and home series

clapclapclap

22 minutes ago, BurntOrangeAss said:

With Alabama's OOC schedule for the next several years and including the mighty SECSECSEC west, it's difficult to see them losing more than a game (maybe 2) in a year.  Must be nice, yet it's a very boring out of conference slate.  But with UT on the rise (I think) we'll give them a challenge, right?

I don’t know man, I’m pretty sure they’re going to gargle our balls. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/25/2018 at 9:08 AM, Dark Horse said:

Bama play an away game OOC?  Never happen.

Look for it to be setup as a neutral site game in either combo of Dallas & New Orleans or Houston & Atlanta, if I had to guess...

On 3/25/2018 at 10:26 AM, mdmost said:

Well let's be honest. Part of it is money and part of it is controlling just how neutral the game is. It's not like Bama is playing outside of the south and Texas. Saban's not scheduling California as a neutral site. It's a brilliant strategy.

Neutral site games in Las Vegas will be a hot ticket in a few years, once the Raiders stadium opens...

Image result for las vegas raiders stadium

1 hour ago, brojangles2 said:

10 years from now. Wow. Saban likely won't be there and neither squad could mean a damn thing to the landscape of the game. Hope this is a snoozer, bc fuck em both! 

Saban would be about 68 if he was still at the helm by then... But I think Dabo replaces Saban within the next 5 years at Bama...

5 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Texas won't give up a home game, even to play 'bama.

Texas is one of maybe 3 schools that could make Alabama comfortable in agreeing to a home & home series, 2 of those teams are in this conference, the other Notre Dame...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It's on! Fuck yes!

2019-2020 LSU/@LSU

2021 @Arkansas

2022-2023 Bama/@BAMA

2023 @ USF- trip to Tampa

2024 @ Michigan

2025/2026 tOSU/@tOSU

2027 Michigan

tOSU series was moved from 2022-2023 to 2025-2026

UCF game in 2023 was cancelled. We also added UTEP in 2020 at DKR.

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

It feels like Bama hasn't played on road in a non neutral site against a power 5 school in years. What's the data on that?

They've been doing the neutral site one offs at JerryWorld and Atlanta since 2008 with the exception of a home and home with Penn State in 2010-2011. We're also the first program they are quitting the one off for.

2 minutes ago, Fug said:

What's the deal with Arkansas not playing at Austin? 

This is from the series back in the 00s where Arkie never got their return trip.

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

I approve of our non-conference scheduling philosophy.  So glad we are not like the Baylors or SEC teams of the world.

Although that Baylor-Abilene Christian tilt this fall will be epic.

Agreed. One marquee, one mid-tier, one LHN cupcake home game. 

By 2022, the college football  playoff will be at least 8 teams. So there will be even more of an incentive to schedule these monster non conference games. An early loss against a big time school will hurt even less of you take care of business in conference. 

• Like 1

i'm loving it:

2018: USC

2019: LSU

2020: LSU

2021: Arky

2022: Bama

2023: Bama

2024: Michigan

2025: Ohio State

2026: Ohio State

2027: Michgan

This is how you schedule out of fucking conference.  Love it.  Good job Del Conte and Herman.

Now, let's find some competent qb play.

• Like 3