Texas & Alabama discussing home and home series

clapclapclap

1 hour ago, Butch Had Not said:

It feels like Bama hasn't played on road in a non neutral site against a power 5 school in years. What's the data on that?

I believe they played Penn St home/home in one of JoePas last years and it was ugly.  Bama killed them both years.  Prior to that , they played home/home with OU.  The OU games were with Franchione and Bama had Croyle (and or Zow) at QB, I believe.  The games were very good, but Bama lost both.  They also played UCLA around that time too.  To your point, those 3 instances were all 15 years ago at least.

Edited by jdhorn92

1 hour ago, sidis said:

i'm loving it:

2018: USC

2019: LSU

2020: LSU

2021: Arky

2022: Bama

2023: Bama

2024: Michigan

2025: Ohio State

2026: Ohio State

2027: Michgan

This is how you schedule out of fucking conference.  Love it.  Good job Del Conte and Herman.

Now, let's find some competent qb play.

and no aggy to be found at the grown up table. poor aggy.

Edited by UTEX_ME

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

It's on! Fuck yes!

2019-2020 LSU/@LSU

2021 @Arkansas

2022-2023 Bama/@BAMA

2023 @ USF- trip to Tampa

2024 @ Michigan

2025/2026 tOSU/@tOSU

2027 Michigan

tOSU series was moved from 2022-2023 to 2025-2026

UCF game in 2023 was cancelled. We also added UTEP in 2020 at DKR.

Bama's OOC for the next two years:

2018 - Louisville, Arkansas St, LA-Lafayette, and Citadel 

2019 - Duke, New Mexico State, Southern Miss, and Western Carolina 

Seriously, bama?  Pussy.

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

UCF game in 2023 was cancelled. We also added UTEP in 2020 at DKR.

Y’all think Bama made it a condition we only play the REAL 2017 champions in 2023? All we need now are games against Miss state and auburn, and we’ll have completed the F-aggy  SEC West cycle since 2012

7 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

I’m down with Bama playing ya in Austin. Knowing them and their love for neutral sites, I highly doubt we’ll play them in Tuscaloosa. I could see us having to play them in Atlanta.

They've already announced locations. Austin and T-Town.

2 hours ago, sidis said:

i'm loving it:

2018: USC

2019: LSU

2020: LSU

2021: Arky

2022: Bama

2023: Bama

2024: Michigan

2025: Ohio State

2026: Ohio State

2027: Michgan

This is how you schedule out of fucking conference.  Love it.  Good job Del Conte and Herman.

Now, let's find some competent qb play.

My kids will be 9 years old at the usc game, and 18 for the last Michigan game. They don’t know how great this stretch is. 

quote:
Alabama was good in the 60s but Texas still owned them.

We only played 2 times in the 60s. Tied in 1960 3-3 and Texas won in the 1965 Orange Bowl 21-17. 

We played in 1973 and 1982 in the Cotton Bowl, the 2009 National Title game and the other 4 meetings were 1902, 1915, 1922, 1948. 

Random side note : all the meetings from 1960 to 1982 were decided by 4 or fewer points. 

1960 : 3-3 tie 
1965 : 21-17 Texas 
1973 : 17-13 Texas 
1982 : 14-12 Texas 

Texas won the first 3 games in 1902, 1915 and 1922 10-0, 20-0 and 19-10. Alabama won in 2010 37-21.

So....Horn's own 'bama 7-1-1.  Let's win the next two and really piss off aggy.

1 hour ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Seriously, bama?  Pussy.

Why do you think they finally started trying for some home and home series again? They were having trouble getting the marquee names to sign up for the one off neutral games anymore. After they murdered Clemson, Michigan, USC and now FSU in those openers. The closest games were the two VT and the WVU games. If you mean the three other games, well Bama is the only one that wants to get the conference to switch to a 9 game conf schedule. Until they agree, they will stick with the same type scheduling as everybody else in conference.

Looking forward to this series, I may not live until the ND series but I might just make ot for this one. Looking forward to a road trip to Austin. Some of you fools will have to be my guides. Will return the favor for any of you that make the return trip.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jdhorn92 said:

I believe they played Penn St home/home in one of JoePas last years and it was ugly.  Bama killed them both years.  Prior to that , they played home/home with OU.  The OU games were with Franchione and Bama had Croyle (and or Zow) at QB, I believe.  The games were very good, but Bama lost both.  They also played UCLA around that time too.  To your point, those 3 instances were all 15 years ago at least.

I think you are correct on all of that. The Penn St. beatings came in 2011 and another a year or two before that, with Bama just waxing PSU in Happy Valley in 2011. That was kind of the beginning of when the Saban era went from already successful to just unstoppable well oiled machine.

I think you'd have to go back to 02 and 03 for the OU games.  OU basically what Alabama and Ohio State are now, constantly winning 11 games per season, while Alabama was in large part pretty mediocre during the 2000s before Saban.  Yet OU just got past them each time iirc

1 hour ago, OrangEngr said:

Y’all think Bama made it a condition we only play the REAL 2017 champions in 2023? All we need now are games against Miss state and auburn, and we’ll have completed the F-aggy  SEC West cycle since 2012

Flashbacks to 1991 (shudder).

1 hour ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Seriously, bama?  Pussy.

What's so annoying is those Western Carolina and Nicholls State type games come in the dead of November as basically a second bye week during conference season.  That's bullshit.

Call me a puritan, but unless it's something like Florida-FSU or Georgia-GaTech or S Car-Clemson or whatever, all your non con games need to be before conference, just like every other major men's sport (sans baseball season tuesdays)

Based on our futures schedules, I'd guess we're looking at 10 years down the road.
Little Nicky will be permantly on a golf course somewhere by then..

Not sure which of his ex-padawans the bammers will target, but the best ones already have pretty good jobs they may not be willing to leave. Nobody wants to be the first to follow Saban at this point..

13 minutes ago, X-Wing @Aliciousness said:

What's so annoying is those Western Carolina and Nicholls State type games come in the dead of November as basically a second bye week during conference season.  That's bullshit.

Call me a puritan, but unless it's something like Florida-FSU or Georgia-GaTech or S Car-Clemson or whatever, all your non con games need to be before conference, just like every other major men's sport (sans baseball season tuesdays)

It's bullshit is what it is. They do this so every single SEC team wins late in the season, which artificially pushes them past teams from other conferences losing conference games in the rankings. It also allows them to sell South Carolina-aggy as a matchup of Top 10 teams in the first week when everybody knows they're both going to finish 7-5 or so. The SEC has gamed the system extremely well.

14 minutes ago, ousux said:

Not sure which of his ex-padawans the bammers will target, but the best ones already have pretty good jobs they may not be willing to leave. Nobody wants to be the first to follow Saban at this point..

I am hoping they can land Bill Clark as his replacement. Dude wins everywhere he coaches, even in untenable situations like UAB.

15 minutes ago, ousux said:

Yeah, I don't think Dabo ever goes back to Bama. He's got too good of a thing going at Clemson where he'll go down as their Bear Bryant if he can keep this current run going.

9 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Oh yes yes yes

Its great to see these great match-ups being scheduled. If Herman can right the ship, the next 9 years could build a lot of momentum for us.  I'm not sure if it was intended or not but the best part may be scheduling the SECSECSEC teams as a nice little dig at aggy.

Edited by HornsofBevo

10 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

Hopefully at night. Both towns are just too hot for afternoon football that time of year.

We'll play whenever our television overlords tell us to play.

Fortunately, evening primetime games are pretty popular these days, so here's hoping...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Games against the 1st, 2nd, 5th, 9th, 12th, and 25th winningest programs of all time over the next decade

dont think any other program in the country has such a badass non-con lineup

You can throw notre dame in there before usc as well for an 11 year streak. 

20 minutes ago, maninblack said:

So we actually gave those retards a shot at what they say they wanted and they turned it down. Pussies.

Who is surprised?  Their favorite past time is saying hold me back while standing behind bama. 

And, any chance this makes the rounds with people that report on and care about cfb so as to embarrass aggy and call out their bloviation?

Edited by Pato del Muerto