Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

5 hours ago, Incredulity said:

is that eating the insect carcasses from the spiders?

My garage windows are a haven for spiders.  I sweep and vacuum them at least once a month.  The windows are nice to brighten up the garage, but boy its a bit of a nusance to keep them tidy.

Spiders eat bugs; mice, rats, and bats eat spiders; snakes eat mice and rats; wastewater operators freak the fuck out over snakes.  You'll never get all the bugs, or the mice and rats, so it's easiest to cut that chain at the spiders.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

I'm sure those Carnivals are rolling in money.

the+jerk.jpg

In HS I went out with a girl whose dad owned/ran carnival rides. She was everything you think the daughter of a carnival operator would be, wilder than hell but my naïve mind to too stupid to take advantage of it. She ended up marrying a drug dealer who committed suicide while she was pregnant. Last time I heard about her she was a 400+ lbs recluse who never left the house.  

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

Only posting this because I was the driver of the Bronco. It was definitely a holy shit moment. Fuck this guy. I never saw him. I didn’t even see my light turn from red to green, that’s how long his red light was stale. He went to the hospital after the wreck but the cops better have drawn his blood. I miraculously walked away with nothing more than bruises and scrapes. Even luckier that my wife and kids weren’t in the car, because it’s a different story if they were.

IMG_5037.MOV 1.24 MB · 13 downloads  

Is that over by Kennealys?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Been in quite a few short wall / low seam coal mines. It's worse that the video portrays. 

Room and pillar mines are scary as fuck too when you hear the seam popping. 

@mininghorn88 can preach.

There is a reason I am in the surface (daylight) mining industry. The safety protocols of going underground cover everything and then some. Once the lights go out it is straight up dark. It is easy to get disoriented. However there are massive operations underground that have large open spaces.

I like having a bit more control over the situation that surface mining provides.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

Only posting this because I was the driver of the Bronco. It was definitely a holy shit moment. Fuck this guy. I never saw him. I didn’t even see my light turn from red to green, that’s how long his red light was stale. He went to the hospital after the wreck but the cops better have drawn his blood. I miraculously walked away with nothing more than bruises and scrapes. Even luckier that my wife and kids weren’t in the car, because it’s a different story if they were.

those pedestrians who witnessed the crash were real men (and women) of action.  good thing you didn’t need immediate help.  

• Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, mininghorn88 said:

There is a reason I am in the surface (daylight) mining industry. The safety protocols of going underground cover everything and then some. Once the lights go out it is straight up dark. It is easy to get disoriented. However there are massive operations underground that have large open spaces.

I like having a bit more control over the situation that surface mining provides.

I'm glad that Iowa is letting 14 year olds back underground in such conditions the way God intended.  Let their small hands lead the way...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

IMG_5037.MOV 1.24 MB · 57 downloads  

Damn, RIP 'stros Bronco. Glad you're ok.

22 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

Help me understand this, because you seem pretty confident that you are not at fault, yet the text and video doesn't really jibe w/ that vibe.  Am I reading your post incorrectly?  Are you driving the Bronco or the car that hit the Bronco?

14 minutes ago, Mittens said:

Help me understand this, because you seem pretty confident that you are not at fault, yet the text and video doesn't really jibe w/ that vibe.  Am I reading your post incorrectly?  Are you driving the Bronco or the car that hit the Bronco?

I think he's saying the car that hit the bronco ran a red light.  and he's driving the bronco.  which would mean he's not at fault.  where is your confusion?

The confusion comes because the video doesn't match up with that description.  The light the Bronco goes through is red, and has been for a while - look at the pickup on the far side, sitting there the whole time, and both cars that go through the light from R to L are moving as if they're going through a green.  

14 minutes ago, Mittens said:

The confusion comes because the video doesn't match up with that description.  The light the Bronco goes through is red, and has been for a while - look at the pickup on the far side, sitting there the whole time, and both cars that go through the light from R to L are moving as if they're going through a green.  

No, my light was very green.  You can't see the lights in that video.  I think the last car before him to go through the intersection that direction ran a yellow/red.  The truck turning left saw me coming and was waiting.  The driver of the pickup is an assistant DA and verified 100% that our light was green, and the Lexus ran the red by several seconds.  He's going so much faster than me that it probably does look like my light is the red one from that video, but I can assure you (as can the multiple witnesses, which is reflected in the police report) that his light was extremely red.

Edited by Planet Houston
  • Hook 'Em 4