Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

On 4/14/2023 at 9:21 PM, slorch said:

Open AF carry in my drive way.

Trying to think what I’d do if I was a neighbor. I don’t think I could shoot one of the kids in that situation. Probably shoot up in the air and then hold on them until they left. 
Would it be legal to shoot their car and disable it?  

Trying to think what I’d do if I was a neighbor. I don’t think I could shoot one of the kids in that situation. Probably shoot up in the air and then hold on them until they left. 
Would it be legal to shoot their car and disable it?  

Shooting up in the air is worst than shooting one of the asshole kids. That bullet eventually comes down. Chance are slim, but they have been known to hit innocent people. Just shoot the lil fuck in the foot or knee.

...which could also kill them.  A "pragmatic" thief runs  when confronted; too much risk in fighting.  Run away and rob someone else.  Those n'er do goods had something else goning on, seeking violence.  Mighta been on drugs.  Or just plain stupid.  Regardless, they weren't thinking rationally.

Don't presume they don't have their own deadly weapons.  Display your Glock and tell them to run away.  Any furtive movement, you shoot them in center of mass and hope for a good prosecutor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

Shooting up in the air is worst than shooting one of the asshole kids. That bullet eventually comes down. Chance are slim, but they have been known to hit innocent people. Just shoot the lil fuck in the foot or knee.

You’ve clearly never seen me shoot. The miss ricochets off the concrete driveway and takes out Mrs. Smith sitting in her living room chair watching The Price Is Right. This is why we can’t have nice things. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Parliament said:

Don't presume they don't have their own deadly weapons.  Display your Glock and tell them to run away.  Any furtive movement, you shoot them in center of mass and hope for a good prosecutor.

Terrible advice. 

NEVER brandish a weapon. If you pull it, you better be intent on using it. No warnings. Last resort. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

Terrible advice. 

NEVER brandish a weapon. If you pull it, you better be intent on using it. No warnings. Last resort. 

I get the whole never pull a gun out you aren't prepared/willing to use thing, and it makes sense, but wtf is this intent on using shit, especially the no warnings part? So if a gun ever comes out of a holster somebody's dying? That doesn't seem like the greatest policy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, BearMace said:

I get the whole never pull a gun out you aren't prepared/willing to use thing, and it makes sense, but wtf is this intent on using shit, especially the no warnings part? So if a gun ever comes out of a holster somebody's dying? That doesn't seem like the greatest policy. 

Animated GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/16/2023 at 2:33 PM, Kennythetiger said:

You’ve clearly never seen me shoot. The miss ricochets off the concrete driveway and takes out Mrs. Smith sitting in her living room chair watching The Price Is Right. This is why we can’t have nice things. 

We watch Wheel of Fortune together, so you could get a twofer.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

That was in Newport.  Dude stole the boat and was whacked out on goofballs or something.  Caused a shitton of damage.

"Goofballs"? 

Which as we all know is a nautical term meaning 3 leagues at 7 Rhumbs starboard, at 20 knots done under the influence of two chicks on 1 TEU of blow.

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

you know who the bigger idiot is???

the moron filming it... knowing they are about to get to the same overpass at the same time- even if they are on the "other" side of the foundation piers you are about to go under when you KNOW its about to have fucking crash on it.

slow the fuck down just in case the fucking truck takes out the overpass and it collapses..

absolute best case scenario is the trailer gets demolished, worse is the fucking overpass comes down with it and you get squished.

The shitload of side pieces of metal and concrete showering the moron filming got was a small consequence (would guess there ended up being some damage from the debris rain)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

Not a commentary on crime or NYC. But holy shit those 327 assholes were stealing they asses off. American exceptionalism ain't dead. It's just different.

The worse things get, the even worse they really are. We all know that there are countless shoplifters, etc. who aren’t even reported because people either know nothing will happen or retaliation will happen. That’s one reason why property crimes may fall while murders go up.

• Like 1

you know who the bigger idiot is???

the moron filming it... knowing they are about to get to the same overpass at the same time- even if they are on the "other" side of the foundation piers you are about to go under when you KNOW its about to have fucking crash on it.

slow the fuck down just in case the fucking truck takes out the overpass and it collapses..

absolute best case scenario is the trailer gets demolished, worse is the fucking overpass comes down with it and you get squished.
The shitload of side pieces of metal and concrete showering the moron filming got was a small consequence (would guess there ended up being some damage from the debris rain)
There appears to be a "sign bridge" right before the overpass that it hit first and might have missed the overpass completely.

Still dumb to be following too close.

The other one posted hitting the overhead "sign bridge" is exactly what happened a little over 10 years ago in 35 northbound between 183 and Rundberg basically in front of KLBJ. I was living in an apt nearby at the time and all power in a large area went out. Turns out some power wires were crossing 35 at that point and when it hit it fucked everything up for a good 6-8 hours. I got on my mountain bike and rode down there to see it up close. Didn't take it all the way down. Basically stopped the truck in about 50 ft from highway speed. Apparently the bed started going up as he was driving and he didn't notice.