Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

6 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

In a former life I sold replacement windows.  I went to this house one time where the owner had gone on a 3-4 month sailing trip.  Shortly after he left, a toilet fill valve malfunctioned and filled the entire house up with about 6" of water.  I don't know how or why the bottom 6" was water tight, but it was.  Came home after being gone and opened the front door and water and floating magazines and shit came pouring out.  Black mold from floor to ceiling.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

In a former life I sold replacement windows.  I went to this house one time where the owner had gone on a 3-4 month sailing trip.  Shortly after he left, a toilet fill valve malfunctioned and filled the entire house up with about 6" of water.  I don't know how or why the bottom 6" was water tight, but it was.  Came home after being gone and opened the front door and water and floating magazines and shit came pouring out.  Black mold from floor to ceiling.

s-l500.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

So did you sell him some windows?
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, nnm said:

Fuck bed bugs. We brought some home a few years ago (decent hotel). Pain in the ass to get rid of, but fortunately, they were contained to one room in our house. Made me want to start pulling a camper everywhere, no matter the circumstances. We now wash everything from our suitcases as soon as we get home, including the washable tote bags we use instead of suitcases. If we have to use suitcases, they get sealed in a garbage bag for weeks (usually months) until they are used again. It was a borderline traumatizing first world ordeal. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

On 3/31/2023 at 3:25 PM, Ojo Rojo said:

I had one of those carpet steam cleaners come to my house one time. He'd been doing it for about 30 years. I asked him if he had any great stories about incredibly gross carpets that he'd had to clean. He told me that about one month before he'd been called out to a 90-year-old woman's house to clean a carpet. He walks in and is almost knocked over by the smell of something foul. He investigates and finds the mummifying corpse of a chihuahua under a couch.  He asks the lady if she has a dog. She said the did but that he'd run off about two months ago and had never returned.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

18 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I had one of those carpet steam cleaners come to my house one time. He'd been doing it for about 30 years. I asked him if he had any great stories about incredibly gross carpets that he'd had to clean. He told me that about one month before he'd been called out to a 90-year-old woman's house to clean a carpet. He walks in and is almost knocked over by the smell of something foul. He investigates and finds the mummifying corpse of a chihuahua under a couch.  He asks the lady if she has a dog. She said the did but that he'd run off about two months ago and had never returned.

Things I learned today:

If reincarnation is real, I don't want to come back as a small dog owned by a 90 year old woman.

• Haha 4

On 4/3/2023 at 10:47 AM, crash_davis said:

I can sleep now knowing the cause. Cigarette lighter.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/laundromat-explodes-almost-killing-man-after-simple-washing-mistake-081822726.html

Shockwaves from the blast caused the shopfront window to blow out, subsequently tearing the laundromat sign off the building. It's been reported a lighter left inside a pant pocket by a customer is what caused the blast.

11 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

https://au.news.yahoo.com/laundromat-explodes-almost-killing-man-after-simple-washing-mistake-081822726.html

Shockwaves from the blast caused the shopfront window to blow out, subsequently tearing the laundromat sign off the building. It's been reported a lighter left inside a pant pocket by a customer is what caused the blast.

mtqyvYJLlaQdFOK.jpg.566ebeedb0ab2de833851e50bb9d4fa6.jpg

Wth was he using for a lighter? One of these? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

yeah man, that was a cigarette lighter.  no doubt.

• Haha 1

when I was kid my big fear was quicksand. that was legitimate, because tv and movies told me that shit is everywhere.

but what they were really doing was preparing us for the horror show that is sinkholes. holy shit, legitimate fear here for me. I'm not paralyzed by the thought or anything, but this is pretty much my face anytime they're brought up
Scared Jurassic Park GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 4/2/2023 at 9:31 PM, ImissWallyPryor said:

40 or so years ago, when totally nude places first started opening, we went to a low rent place on East Lancaster in Fort Worth. There was some chick dancing there that was at least 6-8 months pregnant. The amount of guys turned on by that and giving her money was disturbing. It was vomit worthy disgusting. 

• Drool 1