Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

56 minutes ago, blacklab said:

this is not a gore or rekt thread. We deleted the gymnast posts for a reason. Please don't post them again. 

damn, but it did make me say "holy shit" 

Also, it seems like the pad they put down to soften the landing limits the feet from sliding that may have prevented that horrible injury

3 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

I thought you had one left.

Yeah just one, but I don't have the other one to stand down. As in a leg no leg one leg left leg?

all I know is at work when we would have a discussion discrepancy or argument the boss would always tell me to drop it because I didn't have a leg to stand on.

Edited by SHOOTER12

On 3/3/2019 at 7:34 PM, Parliament said:

Did I just watch a man die?

You just watched a man die and get buried.

In reference to the guy getting scooped up in the hopper and dumped with a load a sand. (added since the video didn't make the quoting).

Edited by High Plains Drifter

3 minutes ago, Modessit said:
3 hours ago, Armybrat said:
Holy crap! How did she survive that?

I don't know what amazes me more - the video or the fact that every time I see these Asian or Indian videos the driver never stops to check on the person they just ran over.

That’s why there are billions of them. They are hard to kill...once they aren’t babies. 

31 minutes ago, Modessit said:

I don't know what amazes me more - the video or the fact that every time I see these Asian or Indian videos the driver never stops to check on the person they just ran over.

Asian or Indian? Steve Miller is that you?

47 minutes ago, Modessit said:

In the comments, it mentions this happened in Mexico.  I know, I know... they don't stop, either.

56 minutes ago, Modessit said:
4 hours ago, Armybrat said:

this article  explains the legit problem in China where there is a real issue with drivers who are better off financially if they kill they person run over.   so much so that they will back up and re run over the people they hit to make sure they are dead. 

and I read another article that explained the reason its cheaper to actually kill them. in China if you injure a person, you are then responsible for their recovery, and I honestly remember that they could even move into your home until healthy (but I cant find that again), you pay for their medical bills, and have to be there until they are healed, if they are permanently hurt, you might have to deal with them for life.   whereas you kill them, its a small fine,  and even if you are caught on tape you can bribe the officials to get a larger fine but no jailtime

14 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

this article  explains the legit problem in China where there is a real issue with drivers who are better off financially if they kill they person run over.   so much so that they will back up and re run over the people they hit to make sure they are dead. 

and I read another article that explained the reason its cheaper to actually kill them. in China if you injure a person, you are then responsible for their recovery, and I honestly remember that they could even move into your home until healthy (but I cant find that again), you pay for their medical bills, and have to be there until they are healed, if they are permanently hurt, you might have to deal with them for life.   whereas you kill them, its a small fine,  and even if you are caught on tape you can bribe the officials to get a larger fine but no jailtime

One of my vendors in China said it was $26,000 (USD) if you kill a person.  I have no way to prove or disprove, just what he said when I asked about the backing up and running over them again.  He confirms the deal about the medical bills as well.