Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, Huckleberry said:

https://www.oceancity.com/senior-week/

Looks like it's also called Senior Week and appears to be a tradition where kids who just graduated from high school go to the beach for a week. I'm sure nothing untoward happens.

church on sunday, and a focus on school and athletics. i'm sure of it!

The Penn St, Mich St, US Olympics, and Catholic priest scandals should give you the answer. There's something quite malignant in our culture that makes abuse victims very reluctant to come forward. I guess the last few days have shown that witnesses are also reluctant to dip their toes in those waters.

I’m sure if the fbi did background checks on those assholes they would have found out about the assaults/rapes.

Just now, Mo Horn said:

There could be 100 more women come forward with pictures and ironclad documentation and he'll still be confirmed. No way Trump or the GOP is giving in. 

If the Blue American wave happens in November, SJC will not sleep on this sham confirmation process and BK would face real scrutiny for misleading and lying to Senators, and worse.  It's an impeachment process begging to happen.  It's beyond reckless for Trump/GOP to do this, but this is all about self preservation at this point.  

4 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

According to locals chiming in on Twitter, it was more of a local tradition where seniors got their parents to rent beach houses and party for a week straight. 

Sounds like Spring Break for Houston kids -- at least those who were comfortable enough to afford it. Others of us slept in our cars or on the beach. 

3 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

When Georgetown Prep sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists.

And some, I assume, are good people.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JimmyHoffa said:

Well it just literally became He said, she, she, she said-

"Well, you see, I lied on Fox News. I went to parties, I drank. I celebrated Beach Week. I wasn't just focusing on church, or basketball, or my studies. I lied. A lot.  I am just a dorky looking liar."

13 minutes ago, woohorn said:

Anyone know what Beach Week is- like Spring Break, or more of a commercial festival like ACL?

Spring Break..... Certain East Coast cities cater to it.  You party all day and all night and are fairly drunk all week.  I'm going to guess his was at Ocean City, Maryland.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

5 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

When Georgetown Prep sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists.

Someone rep this man for me please. It's not even lunch and I'm already out for the day.

Just now, hayden_horn said:

so, can anyone explain why mcconnell is all in on this guy?

i mean, he's been staunch and steadfast this whole time about having a vote. no other republicans are squeaking all that much either.

what the fuck? why are they risking everything for this one guy?

Senators do not like having their decisions second guessed.  They're used to telling you what the story is and you'll like it, cause they're United States Senators.  It's more than that, but it does play a role.

7 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

It looks like Kavanaugh is turning out to be a major, soon to be divorced, POS, but what evidence is a prosecutor going to hang on him other than her story against his ? she can't place the house, the date or who was there.  I'm sure she's tried to blot it out of her mind, like any other victim of sexual assault.   Cosby had how many accusers before he was finally convicted ?

Right now, this has blown well beyond Dr. Ford.  What Avenatti's client brings is way, way worse.  And apparently she has multiple others who will corroborate her.  And if you didn't notice, her credentials around truth telling based on career and clearances appear impeccable.  Drugging without consent to effect gang rape.  More than one perp named.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

i mean, he's been staunch and steadfast this whole time about having a vote. no other republicans are squeaking all that much either.

It makes sense that they want him badly because he's told them he'll vote to extend Presidential pardon powers to State crimes (which is absurd). I really can't come up with an explanation for it other than that. It's not like he's anywhere near the best conservatively oriented justice in the nation.

• Like 1

BECAUSE HE WILL BE THE PRESIDENT'S BULLETPROOF SHIELD ON THE COURT.

That's it.  That's what makes him special.  He holds that position/belief, AND, he OWES them.  Having a judge on the court who owes you big time, AND already has a pre-disposition to ruling your way?  WINNING.  At all costs. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

I think it was all a timing issue.  Once Trump picked Kavanaugh, he was the only one they could get confirmed before the midterms.  They had to be all in to get him in before the election.  I think that's over now though.  They won't vote on him with stories still coming out.

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

Because only soy beta cuck libtard boys back off. Real alpha men stick to their choices.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

AltruisticTanHawaiianmonkseal-max-1mb.gi

Just now, triplehorn said:

Right now, this has blown well beyond Dr. Ford.  What Avenatti's client brings is way, way worse.  And apparently she has multiple others who will corroborate her.  And if you didn't notice, her credentials around truth telling based on career and clearances appear impeccable.  Drugging without consent to effect gang rape.  More than one perp named.

This is the new evidence coming out today ?  I haven't read anything of substance about it yet. That looks veeeery bad, and if there are corroborating witnesses, could be major trouble, and the end of his nomination immediately. Was this in HS, before he was 18 ?

1 minute ago, kevwun said:

I think it was all a timing issue.  Once Trump picked Kavanaugh, he was the only one they could get confirmed before the midterms.  They had to be all in to get him in before the election.  I think that's over now though.  They won't vote on him with stories still coming out.

Somewhere, I imagine even POS McConnell is like:

giphy.gif

Because even The Turtle knew Kavanaugh was going to difficult to confirm.  Granted, because of his paper trail, not his rape trail.

11 minutes ago, Stros said:

I’m sure if the fbi did background checks on those assholes they would have found out about the assaults/rapes.

FBI background checks for these jobs rarely go past 5 years and hardly ever 10 years.  So, there you go.  I'm sure you'll just ask more questions, though.

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

That's it.  That's what makes him special.  He holds that position/belief, AND, he OWES them.  Having a judge on the court who owes you big time, AND already has a pre-disposition to ruling your way?  WINNING.  At all costs. 

Am I crazy or did people just in the last couple of years start following politics in DC?

In MOST cases it's the same shit day after day, change the names, faces, and issues and it doesn't change. It's as predictable as the sun rising in the east and setting in the west. 

5 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

I read theories about it being because of the election coming up.  He wants the red state dem senators (Manchin) to have to put a stake in the ground before the election.  Thinks it'll kill them off.

2 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Senators do not like having their decisions second guessed.  They're used to telling you what the story is and you'll like it, cause they're United States Senators.  It's more than that, but it does play a role.

it has to be more than that. they started off cautious. they quickly then swung into attack mode on dr ford, with multiple R congress critters openly questioning her motives, talking points going out for the johnny sacks and ragnoraks and iconoclasts of the world. the conversation became about why didn't she report earlier? which, in this day and age, is a silly conversation to have, given all that is going on with regard to sexual assault.

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

It makes sense that they want him badly because he's told them he'll vote to extend Presidential pardon powers to State crimes (which is absurd). I really can't come up with an explanation for it other than that. It's not like he's anywhere near the best conservatively oriented justice in the nation.

if that's it, then there is something major in the pipeline. not to go all triplehorn or hugo, but that means, imo, that multiple senators are complicit in something big, such as taking russian money through the NRA, even if unaware at he time it was hitting their campaign coffers. i know it sounds crazy. it really does sound crazy. but senators, no matter how partisan, are, at their base level, politcial opportunists. this guy is an anchor around their neck and they are still happily jumping into shark infested waters. maybe they think they'll drown before the sharks eat them? i dunno.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

again, that's all well and good for trump. but not necessarily republican senators. they've been steadfast in their support. it makes no sense unless there is something bigger going on.

ok, but if it is midterms, in the day of #metoo, they could not have played this any worse than they have. attacking accusers, questioning why they don't come out right away, alienating women across the country, all for a supposed conservative voice on the court? there are plenty of other options. it makes no sense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

FBI background checks for these jobs rarely go past 5 years and hardly ever 10 years.  So, there you go.  I'm sure you'll just ask more questions, though.

The not so Deep State huh.

2 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

This is the new evidence coming out today ?  I haven't read anything of substance about it yet. That looks veeeery bad, and if there are corroborating witnesses, could be major trouble, and the end of his nomination immediately. Was this in HS, before he was 18 ?

Read Julie Swetnick's sworn statements:

There's no statute of limitations in MD for felony sexual assault.  The avalanche slab is splintering forest right now.

3 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I read theories about it being because of the election coming up.  He wants the red state dem senators (Manchin) to have to put a stake in the ground before the election.  Thinks it'll kill them off.

Instead, you have public support AGAINST confirming him, so advantage red state Democrats. And then you have their challengers saying stupid shit like:

“These are teenagers who evidently were drunk, according to her own statement,” Cramer told a local radio news program last week. “They were drunk. Nothing evidently happened in it all, even by her own accusation. Again, it was supposedly an attempt or something that never went anywhere.”

“My point was is that there was no type of intercourse or anything like that. That was my point, that nothing happened in terms of a sexual … event, beyond, obviously, the attack.”

Edited by Js1

2 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

That backfired spectacularly.

i'd say. i can get with this theory, in general. but they could not have played it worse. especially once multiple accusations started percolating. everything from the get-go was poorly conceived and planned. and when dr ford came forward, it was like they decided to go into full spaceballs ludicrous speed mode, and damn the torpedos.

again, that's all well and good for trump. but not necessarily republican senators. they've been steadfast in their support. it makes no sense unless there is something bigger going on.

ok, but if it is midterms, in the day of #metoo, they could not have played this any worse than they have. attacking accusers, questioning why they don't come out right away, alienating women across the country, all for a supposed conservative voice on the court? there are plenty of other options. it makes no sense.

Their steadfast support for the last year and a half has been odd. R congresses will stick with their R president, but this seems to be much different. 

11 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

I think they have internal polls indicating that they are going to lose the Senate.

Don't lose sight of the fact that CRC, the firm that created the BK-doppelganger theory, is in bed with Paul Manafort, the Ukraine, Putin and Russia.  One might be wise to ask why those people would want BK on SCOTUS.

Sure, it seems crazy . . . but in these times, is it really THAT crazy?