Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

6 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Everyone at the party has provided sworn testimony.  And Ford is on an island with her version. 

So,  when you're trying a case, you're cool with accepting witness declarations correct?  You don't ever need to cross-examine anybody that's given sworn testimony, right?  And if I give "sworn testimony" about my having a 13 inch cock, UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY, then everybody should just assume that my cock is a footlong on a cold day?

Edited by Gil Bang

10 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I believe she believes something happened.  Kavanaugh made a very compelling and believable case of his innocence. At the end of the day the facts are not their to support her.

No he didn't. He verifiably lied about what two terms meant and whether he watched Dr Ford's testimony. You're a sucker and your partisanship has . 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

1 minute ago, horncyclist said:
2 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:
So,  when you're trying a case, you're cool with accepting witness declarations correct?  You don't ever need to cross-examine anybody that's given sworn testimony, right? 

And Judge didn't even sign his.

11 minutes ago, B00M said:

I listened to way more of this than i care to admit. She was very credible. He was a hot mess. I wish trump would have put forward a female conservative justice instead of Bart / Duff Man. I wish he would pull BK and do it today. But i suspect we are too close to the mid terms, and BK said just (barely) enough correctly. I think there will be 2 tainted conservative SC justices unless Ford can get anyone that was at that party to go under oath for her. What a horrible fucking situation.

This is probably correct. 

As I saw Nate Silver retweet: BK will get confirmed.  And the GOP will pay for it in. November. 

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

What did you find compelling and believable about it?

This isn't bait.  I'm genuinely curious how someone comes to that conclusion.

He denied ever being at party with her that summer from the beginning.  That’s ballsy. Because if any person said they were at a party with them that summer he’s toast.  He said that from the beginning and didn’t waiver.  That hasn’t been challenged    I’d like to see one outside witness put them in the same house or party in the summer of 1982   

No witness outside of the accuser controverted that. 

She says 3-5 other people were there.  One was a co-wrongdoer.  He denied. Okay. Disregard that.  The other two witnesses she named, one of which was her good friend, both contradict the accuser.  

Feinstein didn’t believe her.  Had she, she would have used the procedure for a confidential investigation.  Not sat on it.  

• Like 3

He denied ever being at party with her that summer from the beginning.  That’s ballsy. Because if any person said they were at a party with them that summer he’s toast.  He said that from the beginning and didn’t waiver.  That hasn’t been challenged    I’d like to see one outside witness put them in the same house or party in the summer of 1982   
She says 3-5 other people were there.  One was a co-wrongdoer.  He denied. Okay. Disregard that.  The other two witnesses she named, one of which was her good friend, both contradict the accuser.  
Feinstein didn’t believe her.  Had she, she would have used the procedure for a confidential investigation.  Not sat on it.  
So...she just made it up?

16 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

Good. I can't wait to watch him go down with Trump.

He won't.  Trump won't go down.  They'll lift the sanctions on Russia and they'll get their peeps elected in return.  That's all it takes.  Trump can do whatever he wants with the case, fire Rosenstein and do a little dance on tv while he's doing it.  It will not matter.   Unfortunately, it's not going to get better than Rosenstein and Mueller and if they don't get it done, good luck. But bullies don't stop bullying and Putin has already shown that he owns US politicians.  He'll just hit elsewhere.  

Just now, horncyclist said:
2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Read more  

Has this been discussed?????

Just now, Bateshorn said:

As I saw Nate Silver retweet: BK will get confirmed.  And the GOP will pay for it in. November. 

This isn't going to magically disappear after they confirm and pound their chests for their base.  And BK will wear this "acquisition" for his entire tenure on the supreme court.

Their base would have been more motivated if they had withdrawn the nomination but the gutless senators are afraid of getting primaried.

12 minutes ago, B00M said:

.... I wish trump would have put forward a female conservative justice instead.......

I would think that he is holding that back (Judge Barrett or another woman on the list) if Justice Ginsberg retires next term.  Now that would be a major swing in the court.    

2 minutes ago, horncyclist said:
4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Read more  

Or she’s just wrong.  All sorts of studies out there about old memories and rheir reliability.   She named witnesses.  They don’t support her allegations.  

1 minute ago, Whitman said:

I would think that he is holding that back (Judge Barrett or another woman on the list) if Justice Ginsberg retires next term.  Now that would be a major swing in the court.    

...and all you'll have to show for it is a lousy ten commandments statue.

24 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

If her named witnesses backed her instead of exculpating Judge Kavanaugh, we’d be in a different place.  But they didn’t, do we aren’t.  That’s enough for any fair minded person  

And let’s not kid ourselves about fair minded people. 45 Democrats were voting against him like they did Gotsuch regardless.  

Can you define exculpating?  Does it mean that they do not recall?  I always thought it meant something else.  

5 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Then why did he steadfastly refuse to support an FBI investigation into a credible sexual allegation?

4 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Many were stepping down--why do they care?  Mainly, they want to kill the investigation.  Assumptions aren't factual and that's what these are, hopes.  Hell yeah, get out and vote. But I'm not sure of recent they didn't invite Russians to hack our elections.  

Just now, Yuk said:

This isn't going to magically disappear after they confirm and pound their chests for their base.  And BK will wear this "acquisition" for his entire tenure on the supreme court.

Their base would have been more motivated if they had withdrawn the nomination but the gutless senators are afraid of getting primaried.

Absolutely this.

Every single decision he is involved in will bear the media proclamation: 5 time accused Supreme Cort Justice

Don’t under estimate the fire this episode has sparked in the “deplorables”

2 minutes ago, Whitman said:

It’s been rumored that Clarence Thomas could retire as well

1 minute ago, Satchel said:

Then why did he steadfastly refuse to support an FBI investigation into a credible sexual allegation?

A very pertinent question....  Why not say yeah go for it ?

Trump has to call for that correct ?  He isn't going to.  That evasive answer made him look bad every time he tried to not answer the direct question.  

12 minutes ago, horncyclist said:
14 minutes ago, pacman said:
I really don't see anything that lends credence to the claims, unfortunately.

The only good thing to come of this, hopefully, is a final realization that we are not getting anywhere near the best Americans in our highest branches of the government and it is making a fool of all we built through the World Wars. That should be the lesson but both sides are playing team, so I don't think it is likely.

Read more  

Serious question. Did you watch her testimony?

Yes, but after 36 years, we are left with he said, she said and I don't see how we can pretend that is enough.

• Like 2

Or she’s just wrong.  All sorts of studies out there about old memories and rheir reliability.   She named witnesses.  They don’t support her allegations.  
Outside of mental illness, this just isn't something I'm aware of happening. And for her to believe it with such conviction...It just makes so much sense to me that Kavanaugh is lying and the others didn't remember the unremarkable gathering. I really wanted to hear more about how Ford and Kavanaugh met if she's lying. He never denied knowing her.

26 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

After Kavanaugh throwing his angry white man entitled temper tantrum, it’s very clear why Dr. Ford didn’t want to be in the same room as him.  

He’s a scary dude

To a petite woman, yes, sure, scary.  

But hearing him fucking whine about football practice?

He’s weak.  He would not have been able to handle football practice in the Texas heat. He damn sure wouldn’t be a lemon to handle a game in August. 

Just now, Bama Chick said:

Yeahhhhh

Just got in a shouting match with my husband about this.

Sorry to those of you who have been on the right side of this but fucking christ, white dudes suckkkkkkkkkk.

And SOMEONE can say hello to Rosy Palm for a couple of weeks.

What is wrong with you?   I can’t imagine my wife or any of her friends posting on a college football message board, even if it was her alma mater.  Yet here you are.   Some upper middle-aged foul mouthed lady posting on a board of a team yours never plays.  Sounds like a real happy marriage there   

Do you wear fishing shirts and cargo shorts?

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 8

2 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

It’s been rumored that Clarence Thomas could retire as well

Even though he doesn’t speak in court, Thomas isnt stupid.  He can see the possibility (not certainty) of a Dem president from 2020-2028.    He may not want to be a justice until he’s 80+.  Instead  he could very well decide to retire within the next 2 years if the gop can retain the senate this year.